Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave Challenges Are Either Dumb Or Impossibly Hard

RavenCorella

I have been continuously trying to get the conclave challenges since U17, and for the past 3 days I kept attempting to do them all.

The cephalon capture is TOO easy, and the reward is poor, which I am okay with.

The issue starts with things like:

"6 Warframe power kills" 

The issue with this is that little to no current conclave warframes have the power to actually kill people using their abilities. Avalanche barely bruises them, Rhino's 4th doesn't really kill stuff, Zephyr... won't even explain why it's horrible. The only warframes that are actually capable of killing stuff are Valkyr, Ash and Excalibur, which kinda limits your loadout and forces you to play with a certain warframe.

"6 headshots in 1 match"

Really!?

You have 10 minutes, 50 shots at it divided by 4 players and you have to proc 6... SIX headshots.

That's literally IMPOSSIBLE with the current playing pace. People literally fly, glide, hover, slide all around you with somas, grakatas and boltors. You can't stop for 1 second to aim or you'll die, you can't hit anything else either, because everyone moves just too damn fast. 

I've done over 3 4v4 matches with 3 different weapon loadouts, I tried Boltor spam and nothing, tonkor head aim, pft, you can't even hit something with it unless you're lucky. The only time I was able to proc a headshot was with a Paris prime, but it was really... just luck.

"Kill 3 enemies using melee, guns and Warframe powers" 

That's as far as the description goes.

If you wanna know what 'guns' entails and how to actually complete this, go figure.

I tried to do 3 melee first (kogake), then I did 3 lex, then 3 paris, then 3 mag ultimates and all kills were successful. I had over 20 kills in a 2v4 match and we were leading, but it still didn't show any progress beyond 1/3.

TL:DR - Conclave challenges are too hard, close to impossible if not actually impossible.

I am very frustrated about it. 

P.S. I may not be that great at PvP, but out of over 100 kills in a 1vALL, which is 8 players, nobody managed to proc a headshot. NO-BO-Deh. 

6 ability kills - 1 ember 4 

Kill 3 enemies using melee, guns and Warframe powers means each person you kill must have been damage by either your primary or secondary, your melee, AND your warframes abilities. So slap him with a 1 from afar, shoot him while you're closing, and finish with a melee... or something like that.

The headshot challenge is nearly impossible, yes.

The multitool challenge is hard, but possible.

The powerkill challenge is too hard after all this ability nerfs (basicly you have to use Valkyr or Excal to complete it, it isn't possible with any other frame).

Yes. It's a way to rush the amount of EXP you receive passively. 

Finally some proper challenge in the daily "challenge". It's a good thing. 

Judging by your reply, I assume you've never tried to complete them nor are you actually PvPing.

My point was that they should not make challenges that restrict us to using certain loadouts only, and allow completion with all Warframes. 

Basically, conclave is skill-based (at least hopes to be), so don't expect that extra rep to be handed to you. Work for it. (Git gut, is what I'm saying.)

Also, I managed to get 4 headshot kills in a match, and I can't aim straight to save my life. If you cannot get the achievement, that's something you know you need to work on. That's what Teshin teaches you, amirite?

I did do the 6 headshot challenge once, no screenshots though. I just happened to join a game that seemed to have a lot of new people standing still spray-praying their Bratons - The good thing is the Vectis is an OHK to the head if I'm not mistaken, so if you do hit the head, it always counts as a headshot kill.

Edit: A LOT of the challenges seem to be bugged, the 6 melee kill one is defiantly bugged, got 18 melee kills in one match for Annihilation just spamming Boltace - progress went from 0%, to 16% and back to 0% again before the end.

Edited by GoldenSamurai

"6 Warframe power kills" 

The issue with this is that little to no current conclave warframes have the power to actually kill people using their abilities. Avalanche barely bruises them, Rhino's 4th doesn't really kill stuff, Zephyr... won't even explain why it's horrible. The only warframes that are actually capable of killing stuff are Valkyr, Ash and Excalibur, which kinda limits your loadout and forces you to play with a certain warframe.

"6 headshots in 1 match"

Really!?

You have 10 minutes, 50 shots at it divided by 4 players and you have to proc 6... SIX headshots.

That's literally IMPOSSIBLE with the current playing pace. People literally fly, glide, hover, slide all around you with somas, grakatas and boltors. You can't stop for 1 second to aim or you'll die, you can't hit anything else either, because everyone moves just too damn fast. 

If you wanna know what 'guns' entails and how to actually complete this, go figure.

6 warframe power kills.  This one could be easily achieve by using oberon #2, Rhino #1, and Excal.  These three are the easiest to get power kill imo.

6 headshot one match - This one is a bit tricky, but I guess you just have to work on your aim.  Try bringing vectis

3 enemies with melee, guns, and warframe powers - The hardest part about this one is melee kill I guess.  However, there is a certain combo that make it a bit easier to achieve.  Imo you could try power + melee and finish off with gun when they trying to run away

Am I wrong or did DE raise the number of Challenges from 3 to 6? This is fine enough.

There are two time that give you the 3 dailies.

From what I remember, after the time for daily reward reset you get 3 challenges (call it A), then sometime later you get another 3 challenges (B)

The A challenges always reset after daily login reward, but the B challenges expire like 3 hours after daily reset.

Edited by Hueminator

6 warframe power kills.  This one could be easily achieve by using oberon #2, Rhino #1, and Excal.  These three are the easiest to get power kill imo.

If you have no idea what you are talking about don't bother:

WARFRAME power kills are kills made with the #4 of a frame

as opposed to:

power kills which can be any ability.

I tried to do 3 melee first (kogake), then I did 3 lex, then 3 paris, then 3 mag ultimates and all kills were successful. I had over 20 kills in a 2v4 match and we were leading, but it still didn't show any progress beyond 1/3.

If I were to guess:

You need to kill a enemy after damaging them with Melee and Powers and Guns.

Could be worded better....

I completely agree with the op too:

The missions are partially way too hard and too much trouble for not even adding extra rep.

If you have no idea what you are talking about don't bother:

WARFRAME power kills are kills made with the #4 of a frame

as opposed to:

power kills which can be any ability.

If I were to guess:

You need to kill a enemy after damaging them with Melee and Powers and Guns.

Could be worded better....

I completely agree with the op too:

The missions are partially way too hard and too much trouble for not even adding extra rep.

Nope you can get the power kill if the finishing blow is from a power - hence high damage power works, you can shoot shoot shoot then rhino charge ==> 1 power kills.  

How do I know this? because I did it

Edited by Hueminator

Stay with me here:

Warframe power kills =/= Power kills (both are in a task)

It uses the same wording as other parts of the game such as "Use your Warframe Power once" which too only means your 4th ability.

I got both missions so I too did it and I am pretty sure I am not confusing anything there.

Judging by your reply, I assume you've never tried to complete them nor are you actually PvPing.

I've completed both the 6 abilities kill and 3 combo kills. Headshot kill is impossible for me so I wouldn't even bother. I find them fun and adding an extra layer to my PVP experience. 

And I have 10k kills in PVP.

You should refrain from rushing to ridiculous conclusions. 

Stay with me here:

Warframe power kills =/= Power kills (both are in a task)

It uses the same wording as other parts of the game such as "Use your Warframe Power once" which too only means your 4th ability.

I got both missions so I too did it and I am pretty sure I am not confusing anything there.

I just finished the challenge without using #4 power.  BTW Iron Shrapnel is good for this too

Edited by Hueminator

i think that the focused challenges are all possible, and properly challenging, but i see a real problem in the fact that most of these probably are not possible to accomplish in a balanced match, by balanced i mean 4v4 all with more or less the same level, not 1 good player per side plus 3, anyway this currently works, and is only possible for the best players in a match, but i still think it would be better to make the focused challenges a mix of - total damage + 3 succesful kills - via the tools of the moment, that or make another challenge for total damage and participation in kills, giving those rewards only to the killer is a bit unfair

Edited by rockscl

They could add something like: 

Assist your team mates 10 times to kill an enemy/Get 10x kill assists. - Team PvP

Kill someone while wallrunning/(stickied to it - no idea what the action is called) - 1vALL

Return your cephalon - Capture

Those wouldn't just fit the actual game modes, but would actually promote teamwork and not individualism that force you to kill countless enemies the way they want by making it doable with only a few weapons/frames.

headshot challenges are fine and they should give high reward to it. best weapon to pull of headshots was so far the vectis but the nerf hitted it hard the ammount of bodyshots u need now is to much. the vectis at the moment forces u to go for the head... its not impossible but rly hard to pull of and needs alot practice. DE cant expect from everybody ridiculous aim skills. here is a video of me and a friend scoring headshots before update 17 in some cases u see like 3 headshots in a row .... so much to it beeing impossible.

Edited by Lord_Noctus

-snip-

Impressive Trickshot Montage (would really like to know your success rate...)

But the issue is you pretty much wont be able to do that with any other weapon. (lex maybe)

Additionally like you said, it is unrealistic to await such aimskills from everyone.

I looked at your video's timers. 

12, then 6, then 2 or something, it takes you like 5 minutes to pull out those amazing shots, and I haven't seen you do it 6 times in the same match.

I admire your skills, nonetheless, I highly doubt you can do the same with a Paris, 6 times in a row in 10 minutes.

Vectis prime is very hard to grind and not everyone can afford buying it.