Harpak, Really De?

NocturneOfSolace

You basically recycled the paracyst, completely

Come on, is this to address people who complained that that the Paracyst sucks? :/

This weapon looks cool, and everything, but it's functionally identical to the paracyst, and that's just silly, why do that?

Can we get something for this weapon that mechanically separates it?

Machine guns are naturally going to have the same mechanics, that's not my point, even the wiki straight out notes that they're mechanically identical with a harpoon gimmick, burst fire, non hitscan bullets, and extremely poor accuracy.

It's just sloppy.

And I wouldn't mind so much I guess, except both guns are pretty terrible, the Harpak has HORRID accuracy, and on a burst fire rifle that's bad, but on a burst fire rifle that's not hitscan that's abominably terrible

I normally don't have a problem with duplicates either, but most of those duplicates vary a bit in how they function, beyond a few stat changes the Harpak is identical to the Paracyst

Machine guns are naturally going to have the same mechanics, that's not my point, even the wiki straight out notes that they're mechanically identical with a harpoon gimmick, burst fire, non hitscan bullets, and extremely poor accuracy.

It's just sloppy.

And I wouldn't mind so much I guess, except both guns are pretty terrible, the Harpak has HORRID accuracy, and on a burst fire rifle that's bad, but on a burst fire rifle that's not hitscan that's abominably terrible

I normally don't have a problem with duplicates either, but most of those duplicates vary a bit in how they function, beyond a few stat changes the Harpak is identical to the Paracyst

Think about it like this: it is necessary for there to be multiple weapons with similar mechanics. For example, if I don't wanna use Paracyst because of the looks, but I like the mechanics, I can immediately choose Harpak instead.

Think about it like this: it is necessary for there to be multiple weapons with similar mechanics. For example, if I don't wanna use Paracyst because of the looks, but I like the mechanics, I can immediately choose Harpak instead.

Fair enough, but I'd still like them to at least both be viable at least

So, If they made it hitscan it would essentially fix the problems, right?

It doesn't need to be hitscan. The projectiles are fairly fast, and if you aim downwards a tiny bit while firing, you can score headshots at mid-long range depending on how good you are.

I've been using the weapon since U17 was released, and I'm getting the hang of it. I even added 4 forma, and took it on a T4 Ext, and it performs wonderfully. 

My build:

hgfhfh_zpst1icddol.jpg

Edited by Zareek

You know, at first I thought I was going to hate this gun since it's just a physical version of the Paracyst, but I'm actually enjoying using it so far. I don't know if it's endless mission worthy, but it hits surprisingly hard against enemies you wouldn't expect it to thanks to the decent base damage and crit-chance. And the harpoon is still pretty situational but it does have it's uses.

I am still a bit sad that it is just a rehash of the Paracyst rather than a full-on spear launcher gun, but for what it is they did make it surprisingly satisfying to use. Only complaint would be that the harpoon could use some tweaks to make it feel a little less gimmicky.

Not to mention the Paracyst's damage output is terrible. For me its status potential isn't high enough to compensate for this, at all. Seems the only members of the Quanta family that are properly functional is the regular one and the Vandal.

I quite enjoy using the Harpak. It hits pretty hard, especially vs. Grineer/Corrupted, can be built for crits, and the grapple, whilst being rather gimmicky, is fun to screw around with.

It's not even just that it's basically a slightly buffed Paracyst. It's that it completely overshadows the Paracyst in every way while still managing to be pretty terrible, and it's yet another burst fire weapon that underperforms.