Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Redeemer First Swing Register Mistake

Tate_LeTerre

Just what the title says. About 80% of the time, my first swing with the Redeemer does no damage. Not to enemies, not to objects, not to anything. Furthermore, the charge attack (the shotgun blast) will not activate until I've attacked with it twice. It no longer lets me just point at something and fire; if I want to hit something at range, I'll have to swing it at nothing a couple times. Notable is that I believe I'm running with a max rank Reach, not primed.

Description:  the first melee swing of the Redeemer doesn't hit anything in front of you (including crates).  In order to hit something with it, I have to position myself so that what I want to hit is off to my right, nowhere near where the weapon swings.  Additionally, the charged shot only works mid combo now - you can't just hold down attack and do it whenever, you have to at least do the first melee swing before it will start to charge.  One other person responded to my thread about this in Players Helping Players and said that he also experienced the same thing and that he believes it wasn't always like this.

Reproducible:  Yes, and I'm not the only one this is happening to!

Steps to reproduce:

First swing issue:

1. Face the object/enemy you wish to hit

2. Swing your Redeemer

Charged Shot issue:

1. Hold down melee attack key while not doing anything.

EDIT:  Thanks to some other posters in the Players Helping Players Forum, I can add that the charged shot issue was being created by using a maxed Fury to increase the Redeemer's attack speed.  Apparently, going too fast breaks the charged shot.  By slotting Spoiled Strike along with Fury, I was able to do the charged shot again at any time (although it still plays the animation for the first swing).  Note that the first issue still exists - that first swing still isn't hitting things in front of me.

Edited by Tantalus010

I noticed earlier that I couldn't charge shot; usually you hold quick melee/primary fire and it will perform the shotgun blast. However it was just making a normal weapon swing as if I had only clicked. Although if you click then hold it works.

I also noticed some hit detection was off with swings as I was missing containers I was standing next to.

Redeemer seems to have a problem with U17.

The main issue is that the charge shot is malfunctioning.
You can only do the charge shot after swinging the weapon.
So you technically now have to do two swings with the weapon before you can fire it.

The second issue I had with Redeemer specifically is strange, and I am not sure how it happened, how to recreate it, but I do know how to fix it if it happens to you.
This one had me laughing when it happened. Here is a picture of it: http://orig15.deviantart.net/3a05/f/2015/214/b/6/warframe0247_by_sirsnapsalot-d93xvte.jpg

Basically, I was stuck in that pose/animation, the Redeemer was glowing SUPER bright of whatever energy colour I had it as. Swapping weapons didn't do anything. Rolling didn't do anything.  Trying to melee, jump, roll, NOTHING fixed it.
Except for one thing, pausing and unpausing.

I hope this helps people, and DE.

Edited by Vorst_Volxen

Alright so since U17 I've been having this bug with the redeemer each game I played with it.

Apparently it has been modified from "hold left trigger" to "hold then release just after" to shoot wich is a bit weird at first but I managed to make it work... only it breaks the gun each time I shoot a bit with it. Any shooting animation except for the combo with a pause in it make the weapon unusable.
The bug itself is the classic bug where the weapon cannot be drawn out or used in any way, if I try my warframe tries to pull the redeemer out but stops mid way or just doesnt do it at all.

It is not caused by anything like a knockdown or any other animation corrolating with it either, its just the animations of the weapon itself that are broken.

In hotfix 17.0.3 they made some changes to the Redeemer..

DERebecca, on 04 Aug 2015 - 6:21 PM, said:snapback.png

Hotfix 17.0.3

Fixes:

• Fixed Glaive and Redeemer charge attacks not working if you had a Fury mod equipped as per: https://forums.warfr...34#entry5626134
  • Fixed the Redeemer and Glaive weapons being unable to do a charge attack when the player had a fast enough attack speed.

The charge shot seems slightly more reliable now, however it still isn't working like it did before. Whenever you start a charge shot, you will always do the first sword swing before it will register. :/

Also, unfortunately, the first sword swing still doesn't seem to be hitting anything.

In hotfix 17.0.3 they made some changes to the Redeemer..

DERebecca, on 04 Aug 2015 - 6:21 PM, said:snapback.png

The charge shot seems slightly more reliable now, however it still isn't working like it did before. Whenever you start a charge shot, you will always do the first sword swing before it will register. :/

Also, unfortunately, the first sword swing still doesn't seem to be hitting anything.

The first swing hits about 33% of the time for me now, but yeah, still have to do the swing with the Redeemer before doing the charged shot, and the first swing still doesn't always hit.  Hey, at least some progress was made!

• 2 weeks later...

The slash seems to work when the Redeemer uses its two-hit combo in quick melee (every other hit). When equipping the weapon itself it no longer uses this combo so the first hit mostly misses. Didn't even know you could charge it without slashing since i got it after U17...