Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wheres The Content?

Davoodoo

So u17 hit, i played few nodes on uranus with new tileset, beaten tyl regor, checked out new features namely sharkwing and parkour 2.0 and finally finished new quest. 

Everything took me below 7 hours.

You can also argue about new guns and frame but then checking them out will add maybe 20 mins each to gameplay time.

Thats the extent of all new content brought by u17, besides that theres only grind.

Also its not only update which got such small amount of content, u7 had probably biggest amount of content, namely 2 new planetoids and 1 new boss, at best 2 days worth of content, 2nd best was u16 with raids, pvp and simaris, about 1 day worth of content.

Edited by Davoodoo

What do you want? Enough content to be playing all day, everyday for the next 3 months? 

Would be great, but im not unreasonable to believe de is blizzard and can provide such amounts of content.

Few weeks up to a month would be pretty sufficient.

dont forget new mods, and a new quest

Mentioned quest and mods arent content.

if Equipment is just AFKFarming Mastery Fodder for you if it doesn't help you trivialize the game, then you're ignoring most of any Content there is to be had in the first place.

as well as if you're going to take shortcuts for getting new Mods to experiment with, or considering them not content, which would be a negative bias.

you mention new Tilesets in U7 as 'omg so much content', but seem to be completely ignoring that there's a new Tileset for you to play on.

yes, you played a few Missions, big whoop.

if a Tileset only means a few Missions worth of interest.... i guess i don't have any response to that.

- - - - -

to me it sounds like you don't think anything is Content.

Because long term quality > short term content

Long term quality without content to base it upon?? thats contradictive.

if Equipment is just AFKFarming Mastery Fodder for you if it doesn't help you trivialize the game, then you're ignoring most of any Content there is to be had in the first place.

as well as if you're going to take shortcuts for getting new Mods to experiment with, or considering them not content, which would be a negative bias.

you mention new Tilesets in U7 as 'omg so much content', but seem to be completely ignoring that there's a new Tileset for you to play on.

yes, you played a few Missions, big whoop.

if a Tileset only means a few Missions worth of interest.... i guess i don't have any response to that.

- - - - -

to me it sounds like you don't think anything is Content.

New guns as content is just checking them out, theres nothing else you can do with them except increasing numbers that pop up after firing them.

I havent said u7 had new tileset, though it had 1, corpus outpost. I said specifically 2 planetoids worth of missions, europa and senda.

And yes content is pretty much that, seeing everything new there is to see and theres not much to see.

Edited by Davoodoo

So u17 hit, i played few nodes on uranus with new tileset, beaten tyl regor, checked out new features namely sharkwing and parkour 2.0 and finally finished new quest. 

Everything took me below 7 hours.

You can also argue about new guns and frame but then checking them out will add maybe 20 mins each to gameplay time.

Well I am having no problem with all the new content still plenty to do as per usual. I did find your second sentence quite funny 20 minutes, huh that is quite interesting. Oh well I guess I can figure what type of player you are just from these statements.

Yes, congratulations, you maxed everything in a day and did a quest that should only take an hour or two.

Now put forma on the weapons, put exilus adapters on all of your frames, forma them up to viable builds using said slot, forma the new weapons, build Equinox, forma and exilus her.

There's your month and a half of content right there, son.

you kidding right? there is a lot of content. even the smallest addition is content for me.

New tileset to explore with sharkwing option!

New quest (short i know but quite revealing)

Too many warframes needing forma on the new exilus slot, get to it, equip parkour mods and see the difference...it's amazing.

New weapons, they take time to get and craft unless you rush. the new axe and shield is amazing and has a new stance that is good too.

New mods. lots of them. Get out there and farm them...they are selling for crazy money. I made 1570p already with them.

New warframe, farmeable...and it requires smart builds and good players to bring the best out of it...can be very powerful in T4 late game

New kubrow (completely useless but hey it's Mastery Points after all! )

Kubrow armor if you like kubrows. farm mods, get plat buy cosmetics for free!

Lots of dojo researches to be done and waited out.

New boss...his battle is amazing.

New conclave (if that floats your boat)

and

whole new movement set to get used to!  just running around jumping and climbing ziplines is enough fun!

and as usual, if you're looking for something to do that is time consuming i suggest you farm ducats for next week so you can stack on what ever Baro brings.

and don't forget thousands of players needing help that would apreciate someone experienced running things with them...you have no idea how the perspective from a player that recently started changes and difers from players like me that have been playing for almost 3 years now. it's so different and sometimes I have a lot of fun teaching them and showing them around the game so they grow as players

or you can always go around completing your codex rofl

Edited by Domaik

you kidding right? there is a lot of content. even the smallest addition is content for me.

New tileset to explore with sharkwing option! DONE
New quest (short i know but quite revealing) DONE
Too many warframes needed forma on the new exilus slot, get to it, equip parkour mods and see the difference...it's amazing. GRIND IS NOT CONTENT, ITS REPEATING CONTENT DONE ALREADY
New weapons, they take time to get and craft unless you rush. the new axe and shield is amazing and has a new stance that is good too. SITTING OUTSIDE OF GAME WAITING FOR TIMER TO EXPIRE IS NOT PLAYING THROUGH CONTENT.
New mods. lots of them. Get out there and farm them...they are selling for crazy money. I made 1570p already with them. GRIND IS NOT CONTENT
New warframe, farmeable.  20-30MINS WORTH OF CONTENT, ALL IT TAKES IS TO GET IT LVL 10 TO SEE EVERYTHING IT GOT TO OFFER.
New kubrow (completely useless but hey it's Mastery Points after all! ) 20 MINS WORTH OF CONTENT, AS SOON AS YOU INSTALL BOTH PERCEPTS YOU SEEN EVERYTHING ABOUT IT
Kubrow armor if you like kubrows. farm mods, get plat buy cosmetics for free! COSMETIC ITEMS ARENT CONTENT UNLESS THERES SOME CONTENT ASSOCIATED WITH THEIR ACQUISITION, BUT THAT ISNT THE CASE HERE
Lots of dojo researches to be done and waited out. TIMERS ARENT CONTENT
New boss... DONE
New conclave (if that floats your boat) AVOIDING PVP
and
whole new movement set to get used to and just running around with it is enough fun! DONE
Edited by Davoodoo

I think it's unreasonable , Blizzard has like WoW and Hearthstone and other popular games while DE is a smaller company working on Warframe which is much smaller playerbase too. Also why do we need content to be few weeks to a month or something? Obviously DE is working hard and communicating with us with this update with restless nights , content is still content why complain?

And they manage to develop content for all these games. While de got only warframe and sword coast legends to develop and i cant say anything about sword coast legends yet, while warframe lacks content.

Why complain?? after half a day i have only grind left to do until next update.

Artificially prolonged gameplay time using incentives simply isnt fun when you realise how hollow and empty it is.

Edited by Davoodoo

New tileset to explore with sharkwing option! DONE
New quest (short i know but quite revealing) DONE
Too many warframes needed forma on the new exilus slot, get to it, equip parkour mods and see the difference...it's amazing. GRIND IS NOT CONTENT, ITS REPEATING CONTENT DONE ALREADY
New weapons, they take time to get and craft unless you rush. the new axe and shield is amazing and has a new stance that is good too. SITTING OUTSIDE OF GAME WAITING FOR TIMER TO EXPIRE IS NOT PLAYING THROUGH CONTENT.
New mods. lots of them. Get out there and farm them...they are selling for crazy money. I made 1570p already with them. GRIND IS NOT CONTENT
New warframe, farmeable.  20-30MINS WORTH OF CONTENT, ALL IT TAKES IS TO GET IT LVL 10 TO SEE EVERYTHING IT GOT TO OFFER.
New kubrow (completely useless but hey it's Mastery Points after all! ) 20 MINS WORTH OF CONTENT, AS SOON AS YOU INSTALL BOTH PERCEPTS YOU SEEN EVERYTHING ABOUT IT
Kubrow armor if you like kubrows. farm mods, get plat buy cosmetics for free! COSMETIC ITEMS ARENT CONTENT UNLESS THERES SOME CONTENT ASSOCIATED WITH THEIR ACQUISITION, BUT THAT ISNT THE CASE HERE
Lots of dojo researches to be done and waited out. TIMERS ARENT CONTENT
New boss... DONE
New conclave (if that floats your boat) AVOIDING PVP
and
whole new movement set to get used to and just running around with it is enough fun! DONEables are setup in a way that 90% of drops will be useless crap changeable into ducats, adding 1 more items wont make rare items any harder to acquire, it will only dilute junk at best, which we all have tons of already.

You're complaining about a part of Warframe that has been fundamentally flawed looong before U17: grinding. Yes, it's a problem, but it's no different then any other update in Warframe.

You're complaining about a part of Warframe that has been fundamentally flawed looong before U17: grinding. Yes, it's a problem, but it's no different then any other update in Warframe.

Indeed and nothing is being done about it.

This update wasn't just about content it was long list bug fixes , shotgun buff , frost buffs , armor values of frame buffs , supra buffs , they updated their drives for window 10 users , conclave additions/balancing , new mods , MD/Defense and sabotage changes in missions and a whole lot more. Just because there isn't a lot of new content old content is being refined , I still think DE did a good job on this update.

And every company is doing these while also providing content, even de does that, however amount of content has been always small in whole warframe history, its not only that update and i mentioned that in op.

Edited by Davoodoo

This update wasn't just about content it was long list bug fixes , shotgun buff , frost buffs , armor values of frame buffs , supra buffs , they updated their drives for window 10 users , conclave additions/balancing , new mods , MD/Defense and sabotage changes in missions and a whole lot more. Just because there isn't a lot of new content old content is being refined , I still think DE did a good job on this update.

It actually was less fixing than bugging again

I bet im already way faster than you, also parkour 2.0 randomly removes ur melee and the fastest parkour move, the roll, so ye it is slow

Ah yes, the good old "I'm probably better than you". Way to not make a point.

Random melee removal is a bug, not a feature. Absolutely irrelevant.

Indeed and nothing is being done about it.

And every company is doing these while also providing content, even de does that, however amount of content has been always small in whole warframe history, its not only that update and i mentioned that in op.

If you recognize RNG as being a major (if not primary) factor in whats wrong with Warframe, then complain about that. The update is already out, that's done, if you want to change something, try changing RNG.

If you recognize RNG as being a major (if not primary) factor in whats wrong with Warframe, then complain about that. The update is already out, that's done, if you want to change something, try changing RNG.

Im more about reason behind grind.

Grind in video game development serves 1 role, to prolong playtime without producing additional content which costs money. 

If de can make money without producing actual content then theyll never invest in content.

Increased amount of actual content would mean that grind is less succesful in keeping us playing, meaning theres less incentive to use it as a crutch.

Demanding more quality content is actually reducing amount of grind, while simple reduction of grind would mean i play less.

I do not see why people insist on complaining about a game that you do no needt to pay for....

Because some ppl are willing to pay for their hobby and they want quality for their money.

Then free 2 play game isnt free, devs are being paid and even ppl who dont pay attract other customers and might become customers themselves in future.

free 2 play is no excuse for S#&$ as long as company is making profits out of it.

Edited by Davoodoo