Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Guide] Parkour 2.0 Tips And Tricks / Tutorial Videos Collection

Sci_Ant

Question

pTBzXPR.jpg

The following is a compendium of the current knowledge of the community on Parkour 2.0. I've put all the videos that I've found or made about Parkour 2.0 Tutorials / Tips and Tricks in one place, to help everyone out. Also, move execution explanations and important information and tips have been added towards the end.

If you've made tutorials and want them to be featured here please post them below and I will add them to this post. :D

Also, please comment if you have any suggestions to make this guide better or if you have knowledge of any moves not listed here!

Only first 3 videos made by me, rest by their respective creators. A huge thanks to all the players who made these videos! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All videos in Spoiler :

1. Made by Sci_Ant
Sci_Ant's Youtube Channel
a.

b.

c.

2. Made by iquaniqua
iquaniqua's Youtube Channel

3. Made by TitanOnyx
TitanOnyx 0's Youtube Channel

4. Made by -N00blShowtek-
-N00blShowtek-'s Youtube Channel

5. Made by NovusNiveus
Novus Niveus's Youtube Channel

6. Made by IfritKajiTora
IfritKajiTora's Youtube Channel

7. Made by Celestics
Celestics's Youtube Channel

8. Made by mrcraggle
mrcraggle's Youtube Channel

9. Made by DkPoXeR
DkPoXeR's Youtube Channel
a.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_UBJM-H5o4
b.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErFOAatOLQE

10. Made by Pavelord
Pavelord's Youtube Channel
a.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fnhsvr7eqo

b.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YADHSemsxqs

11. Made by
giphy.gif

12. Made by nekobueno
nekobueno's Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soqsRGCu5YA

13. Made by LightsFaith
LightsFaith's Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY7h81uu4os

14. Made by Mrmelada
Mrmelada's Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ6oGVQ9RgM

Once you have learnt the above moves and mastered Parkour 2.0, then I challenge you to do a speed run of the tutorial level and the Dojo Obstacle Course like these amazing ones right here, to prove to your self that you have learnt it well. :)

1. Made by DkPoXeR
DkPoXeR's Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3TLHArf8PY

2. Made by
igo95862's Youtube Channel
a.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae2p30gM6Dk
b.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oThE_Vg-ME

3. Made by Celestics
Celestics's Youtube Channel

4. Made by Souplesse

TemptingFrayedBassethound.gif

Comparison of Parkour 1.0 with Parkour 2.0 :

Made by bosoxs202
bosoxs202's Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGWlS1OwdUA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DS (Too Long Didn't See) Summary :

There are 5 sets of moves that have been found from the above videos :

a. For fast movement in low ceiling height / cramped interior spaces = Bullet Jump + Front Dodge Roll
This is seen in Video 1.b.

An alternate method is Sprint + Roll as seen in Video 6.

Another method is to do a Slide Jump (Sprint + Hold Crouch + Jump) then hit Quick Melee or Melee depending on whether your melee is holstered or not. This is the first half of the movement seen in Video 1.c. This move can be chained with the same move, another Bullet Jump, a Roll or a Slide. This move is a direct replacement for the old Slide Jump + Directional Melee/Air Slide Melee from Parkour 1.0.

b. For fast movement in high ceiling height / open interior or exterior spaces = Bullet Jump + Double Jump + Roll
This is seen in Videos 3, 6, GIF 11 and 13.

And alternate method is Jump + Roll/Double Jump as seen in Video 4.

c. For fast movement in large open areas on land / aerial movement = Bullet Jump + Aim Glide + Double Jump + Aim Glide (last Aim Glide should be with Crouch held which increases your speed)
This is seen in Videos 1.a, 2, 5 and 7.

d. For fast movement to very high or very far places or very large aerial distances = Bullet Jump (while Aiming straight up or forward at 45 degrees) + Melee / Quick Melee + (Optional Pause)* + Double Jump + Roll (optional) + Aim Glide (optional)
This is seen in Video 1.c.

*Pausing before the Double Jump allows you to gain a larger boost when your aim is straight ahead or slightly upwards.

e. For fast movement over very small distances (Aim Dodge) = Aim with weapon + Press a direction key + Press Crouch
This is seen in Video 12.

For more combos and speedrunning tactics, check out this guide made by Celestics : http://www.speedrun.com/wf/guide/u2q3n

HOW TO DO THE BASIC MOVES:

1. 'Bullet Jump' is a achieved by pressing Crouch + Jump off of any surface or after a Jump or just while being in the Air and not having done a Double or Bullet Jump prior to it.

2. 'Double Jump' off a surface is achieved by double tapping Jump while holding or not holding any direction key.

3. 'Double Jump' while in mid air is achieved by hitting Crouch + Jump or just by hitting Jump since they fixed not being able to Double Jump with the jump button while in air after a directional move in Update 17.1.0 + 17.1.1.

4. 'Front Dodge Roll' is a achieved by tapping Aim while in the air to initiate an Aim Glide and then immediately tapping Roll to initiate a boosted roll, neither button is held, they are only tapped once each in quick succession.

5. 'Aim Glide' is achieved by holding Aim while in the air.

6. 'Air Dodge' is achieved by holding a direction key and tapping roll, while in the air or even just by changing your aim direction relative to your movement direction and tapping roll without having to hold down the direction key. For example: Press W, do a Bullet Jump forward, immediately turn the mouse aim around to look behind you and tap roll to do a backwards flip. Turn the aim to the side, while in the air and tap roll to do a side flip.

7. 'Ziplining' is achieved by pressing Use when near a Zipline. You can also do a 'Zipline Slide' by holding Crouch while moving on a Zipline. Ziplines can be dismounted by pressing Jump or doing a Bullet Jump.

8. 'Bullet Time' is achieved by doing a Bullet Jump in any direction, while shooting (holding Fire) or shooting as soon as you do a Bullet Jump. It will make you glide forward for a length greater than the Bullet Jump, while making you shoot or aim forward without Zooming in. You can also change the aim direction using the mouse to make your frame do a Bullet Time jump while moving sideways or backwards.

9. To 'Change Direction' in mid-air one can do the following:
a. If you hold Crouch and hold a direction key in mid air then it will put your frame's leg forward and slowly turn you in the direction of your selected direction (WASD) key.

b. To change direction instantly do a single jump / bullet jump etc., do an Aim Glide and then release Aim when you want to, change your direction with the mouse and do a Crouch + Jump or just Jump. Then you can initiate another Aim glide then in the new direction.

10. 'Drop Cancel' is achieved by holding Crouch along with a direction key (WASD) or simply tapping Roll just before hitting the ground while falling from a height at any angle.

11. 'Directional Melee' is achieved by hitting Melee or Quick Melee just after a Jump, Bullet Jump, Double jump or anytime while in the air. This makes you go forward faster and further or go even higher than usual. You need to have a Melee weapon equipped to perform this action.

12. 'Wall Latch' is achieved by holding Aim while near a non-moving large surface such as a wall or an obstacle. One can launch themselves off the wall by doing a Bullet Jump, then chain it with another Bullet Jump. Otherwise simply press Jump to hop off and then do a Bullet Jump in the desired direction.

IMPORTANT NOTES / TIPS & TRICKS:

a. Bullet Jumps, Double jumps, Directional Melees and Rolls can be initiated as long as one of them has been initiated before that while in the air (starting from a Jump, a Bullet Jump or falling from a height) and none of those moves can be done more than once in succession in the same Glide or before touching a surface again.

b. These moves can also have Aim Glide as a buffer/connector between them.

c. Upto 3 moves can be chained together with the exception of Directional Melee which can be executed multiple times, between other chained moves.

d. There is a small quirk in Aim Gliding where if you press and hold the Sprint/Roll key and the W (forward) key while in an Aim glide it will allow you to 'Float Glide' and not zoom in with the weapon. Some weapons can be shot with without zooming in, but most weapons will zoom in again, if shot. This also works with Snipers.

Snipers won't aim in at all, even for that split second, when you do a Roll while in the air and then hold Sprint/Roll and W while also holding Aim.

e. Warframe abilities can be cast while doing a Wall Latch.

f. Strongly suggest using C as an alternate keybind for 'Hold To Crouch' since it makes it easier to do a Bullet Jump if your Jump is bound to Spacebar. Then the action can be completed with a simple downward motion of the thumb, pressing C first then Spacebar. This can be used to execute the Bullet Jump>Double Jump>Roll combo very easily.

g. Bullet Jumps trigger Blast Procs in a small radius, by default without needing to use any Parkour mods. This can be used to directly break fans and grates in vents, break open containers and knock down any enemy if triggered right next to them. This is very useful for taking down Nullifiers since it knocks them down giving you a few seconds to kill them without any danger.

And an important point from NovusNiveus :

From a tactical perspective, it is also worth noting that most moves won't interrupt reloading, so you don't have to stop and hide behind something while you change magazines.

EDIT: Thread pinned thanks to [DE]Drew! :D Let's hope this makes things easier for all players to realise the full potential of Parkour 2.0!

Sadly this thread is pinned no more, but I will continue to update and improve upon it and I hope it is found useful by more players.

My other guides :
Sci_Ant's Comprehensive Chroma Armor Build Guide [in-Depth With Calculations And Results]
Ash's Rising Storm Augment - A Study

Edited by Sci_Ant

This technique is disorienting as heck if you're using a sniper rifle.

Plus I don't like the addition of 'aim' being required to maneuver efficiently. It's difficult for me since I play on a touchpad, not a mouse.

Which move or video are you specifically talking about? I can understand that it is disorienting on the ones that require Aim Gliding, but there are many that don't involve aiming.

And sorry but this is the first time I'm hearing of someone playing with a touchpad and not a mouse. How do you manage? :O

Which move or video are you specifically talking about? I can understand that it is disorienting on the ones that require Aim Gliding, but there are many that don't involve aiming.

And sorry but this is the first time I'm hearing of someone playing with a touchpad and not a mouse. How do you manage? :O

Yes, I'm referring to the maneuvers that involve aim gliding... even just tapping it rapidly goes in and out of scope so it's sort of disorienting.

I re-bound aim to the Q key a long time ago which helps, but mostly I've just gotten used to playing without aiming. It's going to be tough to squeeze it in to regular movement :/

Nice try with the videos. They show what can be done but unfortunately nothing is posted on what has to be done on the keyboard or controller to make each move happen.

So I am forced to keep looking for a advanced list of what we can do in the new parkour.

Nice try with the videos. They show what can be done but unfortunately nothing is posted on what has to be done on the keyboard or controller to make each move happen.

So I am forced to keep looking for a advanced list of what we can do in the new parkour.

Did you try reading the TLDS part? That clearly states which moves are needed. Go to your Keyboard or controller customisation menu and check which button you have set to which action and try it then.

Added 2 new videos, one to the main section and one in a new 'Comparison between Parkour 1.0 and 2.0' section.

Added a new section on 'How to do the basic moves' near the end of the guide!

You just keep getting better with these threads.

Haha, thanks a lot! But this wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the effort of all the players who made the vids, so it's thanks to them too. :D

Edited by Sci_Ant

Thanks for putting up my video in this thread :p

(Warframe Parkour 2.0 Speed Trick)

i love what you've done with the amount of dedication you have to put together guides to help players understand parkour 2.0 and to know the differences of 1.0 and 2.0.

Great work ^.^

Thanks for putting up my video in this thread :p

(Warframe Parkour 2.0 Speed Trick)

i love what you've done with the amount of dedication you have to put together guides to help players understand parkour 2.0 and to know the differences of 1.0 and 2.0.

Great work ^.^

I'm extremely grateful for your appreciation and thank you on behalf of all the video makers! Thank you too for making your video which deserved to become a part of this move to help the community! :)

@ ALL - Added new Important Notes section at the end and a few points about Ziplines.

Edited by Sci_Ant

PSA : There is a small quirk in Aim Gliding where if you press and hold the Sprint/Roll key and the W (forward) key while in an Aim glide it will allow you to 'Float Glide' and not zoom in with the weapon. Some weapons can be shot with without zooming in, but most weapons will zoom in again, if shot. This also works with Snipers.

EDIT: Snipers won't aim in at all, even for that split second, when you do a Roll while in the air and then hold Sprint/Roll and W while also holding Aim.

Edited by Sci_Ant