Momentum On Mid-Air Melee Needs To Come Back.

Ralathar44

Look, I don't want coptering back, but I would like to see a set amount of momentum on mid-air melee come back.  Being able to jump and then melee in a direction was a very satisfying mechanic and allowed you to quickly and easily take out flying enemies or cameras with melee.  You can do so with the new parkour 2.0 but it's much more difficult.

Instead of having it tied to weapon speed just give a base amount of momentum to a mid-air melee attack.  Something just good enough to cover about 5-10 feet would be fine.

No thanks. It feels as if it would invalidate the focus on current P2.0 movement techniques. I'm against this notion.

It's not about bringing it back as a movement ability. It's about how it's straight up awkward to try and melee a flying drone and completely whiffing it because you were a little bit off since the little 'push' was removed and you slice at a standstill.

Just give back all the melee weapons a standardized 'push' on directional melee (probably old skana or kronen-tier, no need for crazy Orthos/Scindo Prime levels of flying) so it's easier and feels better to use.

Edited by Draciusen

It's not about bringing it back as a movement ability. It's about how it's straight up awkward to try and melee a flying drone and completely whiffing it because you were a little bit off since the little 'push' was removed and you slice at a standstill.

Just give back all the melee weapons a standardized 'push' on directional melee (probably old skana or kronen-tier, no need for crazy Orthos/Scindo Prime levels of flying) so it's easier and feels better to use.

Now it´s way more accurate and doesn´t has this harsh animation lock as before. No clue how one can now miss it. The old was horrible in comparison. You can also do mid air directional changing and attack again...

All comes down to the user. Not a problem of the tool.

I like it the way it is now. I can reliably hit flying enemies with directional melee without flying several meters past it. DE honestly did a great job with movement/parkour 2.0 in my opinion. It could probably use some tweaks but i'm 100% content with what it turned out to be.

Edited by EmptyDevil

Never been able to do any camera-slaughtering with melee, but the new system works just fine.

Honestly I hate to say this but it's something you're gonna have to get used to.

you are aware melee is currently bug right? It depend what weapon your using. The new system is crippling melee my opinion and offer much more freedom for melee combat.

Guys don't misinterpret. No one want's this as a movement system ! Parkour 2.0 is fine for that.

But without a slight momentum for directional melee it was mighty hard to hit anything. A lot of hopping and missing the target. Do a bullet jump and probably you will also miss and fly few meters past those pesky drones.

A bit of momentum. Guys ... like a 1-2m.

Edit : don't know what melee U R using if your not bothered. I tried with Dakra (no momentum whatsoever^^) and it was hard to hit anything with just a jump or double jump - bullet jump isn't that preciese and overshoots the target most of the time. Also tried with Gram - before it finishes the slashing animation in the air you start to fall (cause no momentum), making it hard to hit flying targets.

Edited by tocorro

I would be in favor of it. I really like the new parkour system, but adding in more momentum in the directional melee woul dmake it easier to land a hit. If I recall correctly, the aim of parkour 2.0 was to make everything easier. With no momentum in directional melee, it's actually harder to land it, something I think would still be true even after you've mastered the system.

and if the enemy is too high and you cant reach it? Like some corpus camera?

Bullet jump towards it then melee or climb the wall behind it then jump off that and melee it.

People you've gotta understand, if something changes the way you play you don't just demand that that aspect of the game be changed so it suits you better.

You have to learn new tricks and adapt.

Bullet jump towards it then melee or climb the wall behind it then jump off that and melee it.

People you've gotta understand, if something changes the way you play you don't just demand that that aspect of the game be changed so it suits you better.

You have to learn new tricks and adapt.

Uploading a YT vid now. Will paste a link in few minutes. 

Bullet jump my *ss ^^ With a heavy weapon that almost doesn't have momentum. It's hard.

Not saying it is not doable. But it is fricking hard to hit acurately with it ...

hope people will finally understand what we mean...instead of saying is fine..cause is obliviously not.

Now, imagine a moving target =~=

edit: forgot to mention, sometime, enemy can fly high an they are some location where camera are place in high spot. The old jump + e give us the ability to take them down quickly, making melee only viable.

Now, imagine bringing only a melee weapon in a grinner ship and face one of those <energy drain> door....

Edited by Ninjamander

hope people will finally understand what we mean...instead of saying is fine..cause is obliviously not.

Now, imagine a moving target =~=

edit: forgot to mention, sometime, enemy can fly high an they are some location where camera are place in high spot. The old jump + e give us the ability to take them down quickly, making melee only viable.

Now, imagine bringing only a melee weapon in a grinner ship and face one of those <energy drain> door....

I can hit those doors. The only thing that video proves, is that the uploader doesn't know what he is doing and expects to be flung. No offense.