I Think I Bring Out The Worst In Traders.

Suisun

Someone posts in trade "WTS Legendary Core." I ask how much and they respond with "Offer"

Sorry that I dont play the "offer" game. Most of the people who do this already have a price that they'd sell for but this is an easy way to squeeze out some extra platinum. Thats totally okay but this is usually how my chats end up.

http://gyazo.com/c6c136001dc75a00f748403a65faf798

I understand that we tend to be a bit greedy but we don't need to be rude :(

Told a guy to make an offer, and he said something along the lines of,"you are selling, I won't buy if you won't tell me how much..." I told him have a good day... Ironically I was in a very good mood and very willing to hear lowball offers, but he got snippy with me. <shrugs> his loss, I don't need plat bad enough to have some internet guy getting all riled up at me for a dumb reason :)

Moral: sometimes in never hurts to come in low, and see what the guy on the other end says. If someone asks me to offer first, as a buyer that is what I do. As a seller, I'd rather know where this buyer's head is, rather than waste time on them if they are offering 5 plat for something like a Nova P systems.

I hate it too, but I wouldn't mind if it's me who's buying. Which means, imo, that offers should only be made by the opposite sides. Sellers provide the price, not buyers.

Auction has a time limit as well as a starting price. The current trade system doesn't have that, making trading unfeasible for auction.

he was hoping u would offer high.

you were hoping he would price it low. 

both trying to squeeze out plat 

when those 2 features meet it escalates quickly into this.

pretty much.

This type of system is really just a time game, how fast do you want something?  The game has plenty of less "savvy" players who will sell things for a fraction of the price and others who will buy for a much greater price, the question is if you are willing to watch trade chat for hours and hour possibly for days or if you want something now.

A guy was selling Frost prime bp and chassis for 20p today in trading. Thinking I could easily get a nice bit of play buying it for that low and selling it later on I replied to him. He sold it already sadly, but then we got to talking a bit after. I explained that it was worth a whole lot more than 20p and I asked him why he sold it so low. He replied saying he didn't care about plat he just wanted to give some guy a chance to play frosty prime without having to pay the ridiculous prices people ask for it nowadays. I complimented him of course with how much respect he just made me have for him and he respected me back thanking me even for actually telling him the price. It made me think twice about what a greedy plathoarder I've become and inspired me to give someone scattered justice for free (not quite the same generosity, but still it's something). 

anyway this guy just made me realize that plat isn't everything is this game and that we're a community first, space ninja second and somewhere after that comes being a businessmen. Take that however you want, my day is already full of sunshine. 

Guest (PS4)Baby0Shaq34

A guy was selling Frost prime bp and chassis for 20p today in trading. Thinking I could easily get a nice bit of play buying it for that low and selling it later on I replied to him. He sold it already sadly, but then we got to talking a bit after. I explained that it was worth a whole lot more than 20p and I asked him why he sold it so low. He replied saying he didn't care about plat he just wanted to give some guy a chance to play frosty prime without having to pay the ridiculous prices people ask for it nowadays. I complimented him of course with how much respect he just made me have for him and he respected me back thanking me even for actually telling him the price. It made me think twice about what a greedy plathoarder I've become and inspired me to give someone scattered justice for free (not quite the same generosity, but still it's something). 

anyway this guy just made me realize that plat isn't everything is this game and that we're a community first, space ninja second and somewhere after that comes being a businessmen. Take that however you want, my day is already full of sunshine.

Money in real life isn't everything, oh wait.

I find it easier to simply show the selling price (if selling) or the what i'm willing to pay (if buying) right up front. No need for fooling around with lowball offers or any such thing.

Example: Selling latron prime set 100p, ash bp 150p

trader a: can I buy just the latron stock? - sorry, no, i'm selling the set

trader b: I'll take the latron set. - ok, send inv

trader c: that's a stupid price, ash isn't worth that much anymore, stop trying to scam players - ok, gl hf

trader d: I'll give you 80 for the ash bp - no thank you.

trader e: price is little high, I can do 100p for the ash bp - 120 is the lowest I can go - deal, send inv.

And if i'm buying it's even simpler

WTB armored agility 40p

trader a: I have one for 80p - no thank you.

then if no one is offering, i just raise my offer accordingly.

As for people who answer back with an "offer" after you ask them how much they want, I simply offer 60% of what the item is worth. Naturally they get offended. But I try to deal with those traders for as little as I possible can.

I always post WTS with a price. I don't respond to WTS that don't have one.

If someone posts a WTB I message a price first line. If they don't respond, not my problem.

I don't have the time to tiptoe around, shaving a single plat here and there. I still make enough plat to fund all my frame/weapon slots and have spare left over.

Someone posts in trade "WTS Legendary Core." I ask how much and they respond with "Offer"

Sorry that I dont play the "offer" game. Most of the people who do this already have a price that they'd sell for but this is an easy way to squeeze out some extra platinum. Thats totally okay but this is usually how my chats end up.

http://gyazo.com/c6c136001dc75a00f748403a65faf798

I understand that we tend to be a bit greedy but we don't need to be rude :(

Exactly... So I offer lower than what I intended in first place so I can get their actual price so they can stop wasting my time.

Edited by Wolfdoggie