Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Premium Sub

KiteoHatto

I want to know what people think about this idea, other games do this sort of thing and i don't really see why Warframe doesn't have it yet.

Idea is to have an optional monthly subscription to the game.

Every start of the month(or the date you are charged) you get the following things:

-Set amount of platinum

-30 day boosts* or as long as you are subscribed for.

-discount for the PA(like a 10-25% maybe?)

-discount for the plat market, im talking about stuff you buy on the market, not buying platinum.(10% is reasonably low, right ?)

Things that others will probably be against but would be nice:

-Subscriber milestone rewards, sub for 3 months, 6 months,9, 12, etc... These would be strictly cosmetic rewards such as sigils and emblems, maybe alternative skins for capes that we already have(Think festive imperator and a normal one, just skins for syandanas/capes).

Warframe skins are probably not a good idea since people are really touchy about those. Weapon skins on the other hand.....I personally don't see people rage about those.

*These boosts will be a little weaker that the ones you can buy from the shop, but still good enough so you don't feel like you are wasting time playing without any boosts(if you are used to playing with PA boosts you will understand how hard and demotivating it is to go back and play without them).

I guess i came up with this because im in the situation where Im too demotivated to play without boosts and I am too busy with other things in life to buy the 90 days boosts(as in, busy with RL right now) and not make use of them as much as i'd like. This is a middle ground, if you will. Also, extra plat to buy new capes and whatever else DE puts out is just handy to have when you do actually have the time to get on and play.

I understand this is not for everyone and that i will probably get flamed.

Im eager to hear your feedback on this.

Edited by kiteohatto

Subscriptions are a bad road to go down. I don't know any f2p game with subscriptions that doesn't crap on its free or pay-per-buy users for not using whatever gold or premium rubbish they cook up.

There's nothing wrong with how it is now.

Nothing would be different from how it is now. Nothing would change. This will just be an optional thing for people who want to support warframe and get some goodies, but don't have the time to play enough to justify buying PA.

There are the Prime Access which give you all of those, although bimonthly or so.

Whenever i buy the PA i have to make sure im able to play enough hours a day to make use of those boosts though, not a thing that's possible for me right now and why i haven't bought Ash PA yet.

No, players don't want this and DE stated they don't want that kind of model.

Support them with PA, or just buying plat.

I don't play enough to make use of 90 day boosts and i don't want to play without any boosts, however i would still like to support the game.

Edited by kiteohatto

Nothing would be different from how it is now. Nothing would change. This will just be an optional thing for people who want to support warframe and get some goodies, but don't have the time to play enough to justify buying PA.

And then eventually it would creep over into other things, like increasing grind even further and pushing people into paying.

DE may be nice and all, but we know they aren't against a little forceful pushing to 'entice' people to pay. And nobody is above the temptation of seeing how far they can push their luck.

If they can get away with a subscription, then they'll start trying to get away with increasing the grind to ridiculous month-long levels. Then they'll get away with annoying popups. Purchasable loot rolls. Content paygating. They'll keep getting away with little things until the game isn't worth touching without any money to throw.

Like I said, it's a bad road to go down, because it never leads anywhere nice.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Well, how about not a sub but 30 day boosts on the marketplace ?

Right now there is no middle ground between no boosts and PA boosts, well other than super expensive 3/7 day boosts that not many people even care about.

Edited by kiteohatto