Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Single Jagara: Would You Use It?

(PSN)zanebrtn

It would be better DE decrease the recoil so that we have a slight recoil which not be disabling and increase damage as well maybe I could play them again. 

They're best as spram-and-pray hand shotguns, not precision weaponry. If you mod up for multishot, slash damage and status chance, it becomes far more than viable as a bleed-and-(insert element of choice) hand-cannon. I personally turned mine to bleed and blast so that I can just unload into a crowd and watch them trying to stand up while bleeding to death, even in relatively high-level content... even while 'wasting' a slot on steady hands.

I'm surprised how many times I have to say that they're entirely viable if you play to their strengths.

Yes, I'd gladly use a single Jagara, however, which 'blade' would you prever to have? Top, bottom, or both?

I like the look of them and I love the sound... I hate how long they took to make >.< but yes I would like to try a single version if it offered something over the dual.

Perhaps a stable, accurate single?

As opposed to the high recoil, somewhat inaccurate dual version.

However I think they need a damage buff.

They're best as spram-and-pray hand shotguns, not precision weaponry. If you mod up for multishot, slash damage and status chance, it becomes far more than viable as a bleed-and-(insert element of choice) hand-cannon. I personally turned mine to bleed and blast so that I can just unload into a crowd and watch them trying to stand up while bleeding to death, even in relatively high-level content... even while 'wasting' a slot on steady hands.

I'm surprised how many times I have to say that they're entirely viable if you play to their strengths.

Yes, I'd gladly use a single Jagara, however, which 'blade' would you prever to have? Top, bottom, or both?

I would totally go with bottom blade.

The statistical differences I would hope for are the standard dual/single differences: slightly slower fire rate, better accuracy, less recoil, and quicker reload.

I didn't like them. :/

With a slight recoil I could use them otherwise both sounds good.

I would build a Single Variant for Mastery, but only use it if Single Variant was low recoil and lower status.

Also, my opinion on status.

-UI status should be per pellet/projectile.

Multi-shot mods should not increase UI status chance, but should allow additional pellets/projectiles with equal chance of displayed UI status, akin to crit chance being per pellet/projectile

This would allow Akjagara to have 70-80% status per pellet rather than status per shot. (Continous beam weapons would be proc monsters especially with increased fire rates)

Absolutely agreed on status chance. The game should just show the status chance per pellet, and have an additional entry that shows how many pellets your weapon shoots. Same for damage.

That said, no status reduction! I love me a good status pistol, and this would be an amazing one!

single Secondaries are often my preferred cup of tea as well.

that being said, the performance of these as a dual is quite good as it is. i'm not sure a single is called for for this Weapon. just like with Twin Gremlins, a single wouldn't be particularly useful.

on a different note, would like to have their Kick reduced tbh, because i MUST use Steady Hands or my head starts hurting when i use the Weapon. violently shaking the Player's Camera around is not a fun time. in the long run, we should look into balancing Accuracy without shaking the Camera. Battlefield 4 has achieved this perfectly. your point of aim is always the same, your Camera doesn't shake around at all. your Weapon has Spread and Recoiling forces ofcourse that you must use Skill to account for, but Accuracy isn't based around just shaking the Camera as if you're in a 'war simulator' where someone just grabs you by the shoulders and shakes you around to simulate everything.

(*ahem* it's commonly said that Jagara are terrible, which is absolutely ridiculous, because if you're looking for a Semi-Auto Dual Secondary, AkJagara is absolutely the best. highest Damage per Ammo of any option. Telos AkBolto is a close contender, if you like the Syndicate Effect, and the Damage is close).

single Secondaries are often my preferred cup of tea as well.

that being said, the performance of these as a dual is quite good as it is. i'm not sure a single is called for for this Weapon. just like with Twin Gremlins, a single wouldn't be particularly useful.

on a different note, would like to have their Kick reduced tbh, because i MUST use Steady Hands or my head starts hurting when i use the Weapon. violently shaking the Player's Camera around is not a fun time. in the long run, we should look into balancing Accuracy without shaking the Camera. Battlefield 4 has achieved this perfectly. your point of aim is always the same, your Camera doesn't shake around at all. your Weapon has Spread and Recoiling forces ofcourse that you must use Skill to account for, but Accuracy isn't based around just shaking the Camera as if you're in a 'war simulator' where someone just grabs you by the shoulders and shakes you around to simulate everything.

(*ahem* it's commonly said that Jagara are terrible, which is absolutely ridiculous, because if you're looking for a Semi-Auto Dual Secondary, AkJagara is absolutely the best. highest Damage per Ammo of any option. Telos AkBolto is a close contender, if you like the Syndicate Effect, and the Damage is close).

I disagree that a single wouldn't be useful. Even at half size, it would have 12 round mags, even at half firing speed, it could be spammed(particularly with lethal torrent), and even a modest reload reduction to 1.4-1.8 would leave it in a good place. And, of course, The reduced recoil would be one of the benefits of the single model, I feel.