Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unintentional Insane Buff To Snow Globe

superbot34

I feel you fam

Feel me in a certain aspec tho.

Frost fans raged about rework rework rework.

Happy Birthday Frost fanboys.

Wait, you dont appreciate your OP gift?! 

Only complaints should come from players who dont own Frost.

Cant wait for my Hard drive to arrive tomorrow. i missed 2 months of gameplay.

Hopefully Excals EB doesnt get nerfed and Frost either.

Guys lets leave him OP and enjoy it.

BUFF ALL FRAMES!  Koga approves of it x)

Playing something that's seriously OP is not fun. Watching enemies freeze and smash to bits against walls is funny for an hour or so, but without any challenge it becomes mundane and boring.

It needs to be nerfed, I can just get a range/efficiency build and run around insta-killing everything. not only is it overpowered, it's annoying to other team-mates trying to shoot other enemies when there are like 5 globes constantly being cast blocking their bullets.

You'd have to be insane to think this is balanced. People think its okay for everything to be insanely overpowered just because this is a PvE game and then say that it's too easy.

well most of the people in this thread are always sweating profusely and getting defensive for me pointing that A. this was in the patch notes, so it was supposed to happen, but the damage they are dealt is too high, and B. they are already working on nerfing it anyway, so the cires to keep this overpowered garbage in the game is pointless. 

oh, but these people are fine with radial blind not blinding enemies through walls ;) haha 

Edited by superbot34

it literally says frozen enemies will shatter idiot. what a fool. 

Enemies that are frozen solid can be shattered by colliding with something if they are moving fast enough.

Enemies that are frozen solid can be shattered by colliding with something if they are moving fast enough.

I shouldn't have to spell it out.

They're being pushed out of Snow Globe faster than intended. With or without Chilling Globe. This surprised the game's lead programmer when he first encountered it live on a public stream. He said it was unintended and would be looked into. That is the entire point.

Also, whether or not I'm a "fool", at least I don't randomly attack people for disagreeing with me.

I shouldn't have to spell it out.

They're being pushed out of Snow Globe faster than intended. With or without Chilling Globe. This surprised the game's lead programmer when he first encountered it live on a public stream. He said it was unintended and would be looked into. That is the entire point.

Also, whether or not I'm a "fool", at least I don't randomly attack people for disagreeing with me.

well keep digging yourself a hole after i just proved you wrong with the patch notes that enemies breaking while frozen was intended, which you said it was a bug. 

well keep digging yourself a hole after i just proved you wrong with the patch notes that enemies breaking while frozen was intended, which you said it was a bug.

I see reading comprehension apparently isn't part of your skillset.

The bug is the speed at which enemies get thrown out if the globe. Just that. You just dreamt somebody said the freezing part was a bug and now you're so speshul you can't even admit it.

Jeez these forums sometimes.

EDIT: typo.

Edited by Autongnosis

That's... Not at all what he said. Are you intentionally taking his words blatantly out of context or are you illiterate? 

The velocity of the snow globe's launching is getting fixed, it was always intended that enemies shatter when they hit nearby surfaces, which Felis made clear. What he made clearer is that the speed at which enemies are launched is what is bugged He has explicitly stated this.

Yet you've been overly focused on attacking him. Why? Because he disagreed with your idea. 

Chilling Globe didn't even have anything to do with this, but okay. 

TL;DR: Snow Globe is getting slowed down a bit but shattering shall remain provided it's used properly. The only bugs here are the speed at which enemies are pushed away. 

It is an unintended buff, not a bug... if you think about it it makes perfect sense. If enemies can slide when there frozen, then the problem lies within the order of affects. Snow Goode freezes the enemies first allowing them to slide if pushed. Then the second part of the affected kicks in and pushes them. Which, since they are now frozen, causes them to slide into walls and die.

So it is unintentionally working as i tended... LOL

Edit: i still dont think that you can count the speed that the icebox pushes them as a bug. It seems like more of an oversight than a glitch in the system

Edited by YBD215