Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Exilus Slot Shouldn't Consume Any Mod Power.

RavenCorella

It would persuade some players to actually start using it on more Warframes.

Currently it requires 2-3 Formas to just fit it in. 

It would increase the sales considerably.

^

Now, this has been suggested along the lines on other topics that were mainly complaints, but I thought the idea deserves a topic of its own. 

Edited by RavenCorella

Or, you could just actually use the formas, and use the slot. I have no issues using it on any of my heavily played frames. itll soon be on every single one of my frames. 

Also, yes it should.

Edited by armedpoop

I agree, the slot takes 2 forma to make and then you need the mod space to make it usable its a bit insane, it also makes some frame builds require 5-6 forma to be top tier locking people into a specific build, meaning they cant make tons of diffrent builds.

i don't think it's supposed to work that way.

You gotta remember that we had 2 mod slots that were taken out. We were all getting an easy pass with the builds from that time til now.

It's just 1 mod slot. If you want that slot, you gotta work for it.

Edited by _Rue_

Free :\. Maybe lower drain on the higher ranked mods I mean putting on the elemental ones is like putting on another Vitality. Luckily the majority of worth using utility mods are a - polarity so formaing it for - is an option.

Edited by rawr1254

I don't know about using sales as an argument for changing the way it uses mod capacity, but i agree that in general it is ridiculous to to have to limit your warframe builds for the addition of a utility slot. I mean, it is just utility. If you want more utilities on warframes then you should be able to put them on in normal slots for the loss of mod capacity.

Edited by SmokeyJesus

I agree, the slot takes 2 forma to make and then you need the mod space to make it usable its a bit insane, it also makes some frame builds require 5-6 forma to be top tier locking people into a specific build, meaning they cant make tons of diffrent builds.

Well they can... they will simply need several Warframes of the same kind, which are focused on one specific build.

Well they can... they will simply need several Warframes of the same kind, which are focused on one specific build.

"simply"

Yeah...cause THATS practical. While I disagree that it shouldnt take mod slots or extra forma, this is just one of the worst responses you can give in support. 

"simply"

Yeah...cause THATS practical. While I disagree that it shouldnt take mod slots or extra forma, this is just one of the worst responses you can give in support. 

Actually this is the only option that is available right now, if you want to keep your build-diversity. And to prepare some spare Novas etc is not really hard - only a bit time consuming (2-3 Missions per Forma).

Veteran players have nothing to do anyway, and this is an easy occupational therapy.

Well if it's such a problem for you to polarize your warframe don't use this slot then. It won't kill you. You played without it before the update somehow, right?

I agree with this.  This is not a necessary slot to fill, and the limitations of the mod system are in place so that we can't have everything.  I'm sure many here played when we had 10 slots.  I wonder how those people would react if they had all the expensive mods we have now in the old 10 slot system?

Basically, nothing has changed in terms of build restrictions, and yet everything has changed in how we considering building our frames.  This mod slot shouldn't reduce the cost of the mod to zero points, it should even halve them without a matching polarity, because this would have been a problem today in the old 10 slot system, only we'd also be juggling fitting in our powers.  We're getting it easy right now.  8.3 slots + aura and all four powers.  Not a bad deal in my opinion.  Hey... we got our tenth slot back!

Edited by Littleman88

I agree with this.  This is not a necessary slot to fill, and the limitations of the mod system are in place so that we can't have everything. 

The whole point of the slot was to get people to use utility mods since no one ever does. If they are going to waste energy then people still won't use them.  People certainly aren't going to spend 20 plat on them if it involves having to forma your frame 2 - 3 more times in addition to it.

The whole point of the slot was to get people to use utility mods since no one ever does. If they are going to waste energy then people still won't use them.  People certainly aren't going to spend 20 plat on them if it involves having to forma your frame 2 - 3 more times in addition to it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Precisely my @(*()$ point.

This isn't a complaint about why I don't bother to forma my warframe 3 times when I still have 5 claimed warframes that are stuck at unranked. (Because I don't like to demi-AFK in draco for 3 hours when I could have some submersible archwing fun content to play).

This is a suggestion that would optimize the entire process and even increase their sales considerably, since more players would bother to buy the new slot.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Precisely my @(*()$ point.

This isn't a complaint about why I don't bother to forma my warframe 3 times when I still have 5 claimed warframes that are stuck at unranked. (Because I don't like to demi-AFK in draco for 3 hours when I could have some submersible archwing fun content to play).

This is a suggestion that would optimize the entire process and even increase their sales considerably, since more players would bother to buy the new slot.

This would fix the forma problem: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/482694-the-master-forma-solution/

In the meantime, making utilty mods not use energy when in the utility slot is the most reasonable solution.

Or, you could just actually use the formas, and use the slot. I have no issues using it on any of my heavily played frames. itll soon be on every single one of my frames. 

Also, yes it should.

However it will lock us into one build on that frame and frankly I don't want to re-forma just because I need to change ONE MOD.