Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Side Roll Shorter On Melee Only?

Pavelord

With the recent adjustments to roll distance, I find it curious that the one with guns equipped is rather long, the one with melee only is rather short, making maneuvering in melee practically pointless, has it happened to someone else?, I don´t remember this being on U17 launch.

I would assume it's because while in melee stance, they'd expect you to run back to the enemy & slice him up afterwards, hence the shorter side roll. Idk. 

Edit: That's not to say I've experienced what you're talking about, I'm just throwing out an idea as to why (if what you say is true). 

Edited by Rexlars

I would assume it's because while in melee stance, they'd expect you to run back to the enemy & slice him up afterwards, hence the shorter side roll. Idk. 

That was my first thought, but on further thinking, what about the shotguns then? They do need closer range to deliver as much pellets towards an enemy or a small group of enemies as possible, although maybe not as much after their falloff distance has increased. 

Edit: That's not to say I've experienced what you're talking about, I'm just throwing out an idea as to why (if what you say is true). 

It was practically a 5 foot side step, completely useless if you react to a bombard missile, which kills the idea of making them longer in the first place, so I´m not sure it is intended.

• 2 weeks later...

It might be a bug.   Coz i cant find any reason behind it.  Its uncomfy....and pointless. At least to me.    All side "dodges" are kinda sucky...Mainly because its easier to just run sideways and shoot stuff instead of wasting time on rolling.