Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Submersive Sharkwing Too Sluggish And Slow

Sunshrike

Hey and congratulation on update 17, love the new features of the game and the lore is taking an interesting turn :)

Lots of good things happening to the game and its exciting to watch how the game developes.

One thing though, i want to point out. The new Submersive missions. Love the concept and the environment, great job, but i think the movement underwater is too sluggish and slow. It feels to me while controlling the sharkwing underwater that the movement is unresponsive, and that everything is moving in slowmo. I know, its underwater, the drag is heavier, etc, etc. But i think the overrall experience of being underwater would be better if you tuned up the speed a little, not much, but juuust a little.

One thing that made the archwing soo fantastic from my point of view is the immense responsiveness of the archwing, quick turns, cutting corners, and so on. If you could transfer some of this agility underwater it would be great. Even from a land based point of view, i feel the underwater movement is slow compared to running, jumping and sliding. 

After all, we're packing freakin' jetpacks on our backs, so some forward movement thrust would be justifiable.

PS:

Also, side note, it would be great if there were some kind of borders from the underwater environment, to the outer oceans, so that we dont continually "fall off the map" and respawn. I guess you could say that the grineer dont want large and dangerous sea-creatures interrupting with their work? soo they put up some sort of perimeter with fish nets or whatever :)

Great game!

Love

/sun

I have to agree with this. I do think water should be a lot slower than space, but I really miss the quick side rolls and shifts you could do in space. Perhaps DE could introduce a mod that increases mobility (not speed) under water.

A possible reason as to why archwings are terrible underwater is because they're more designed for outer space? So maybe a true "sharkwing" will be introduced in later updates that can more easily outmaneuvre the others? Probably not the best idea but just sayian :) 

Agree on all points :)

Absolutely love the combination of normal missions and archwing missions. I hope they add that to space missions.

Sharkwing does feel a bit sluggish now, so I hope they increase the speed a tiny bit as well.

I too feel underwater Archwing needs about a 10-20% speed boost.  It should feel like Archwing, just properly scaled to 1:1 ratio, as opposed to whatever horror starside Archwing is set to.

I will have to say no to suggestions regarding underwater specific archwings or mods - I expect this kind of seamless archwing-warframe play to find its way into the other already existing tilesets.  Moving from Grineer Galleon to Grineer Galleon, leaping off a cliff from one end of a desert canyon and flying down it towards another base, or even under water portions on Earth and Europa.  Even between cities on Jupiter.  Shoot, run a Grineer Asteroid sabotage and hope to find that huge hangar room - perfect launching/landing point for Archwing, Dagryns, and Ogmas.  DE has some good excuses to go back and touch up and add to older tilesets to integrate archwing play seamlessly, and they really should jump at them while this forum is back to rumbling about what the next issue DE should crack down on will be (it could even be Archwing.)

I too feel underwater Archwing needs about a 10-20% speed boost.  It should feel like Archwing, just properly scaled to 1:1 ratio, as opposed to whatever horror starside Archwing is set to.

I will have to say no to suggestions regarding underwater specific archwings or mods - I expect this kind of seamless archwing-warframe play to find its way into the other already existing tilesets.  Moving from Grineer Galleon to Grineer Galleon, leaping off a cliff from one end of a desert canyon and flying down it towards another base, or even under water portions on Earth and Europa.  Even between cities on Jupiter.  Shoot, run a Grineer Asteroid sabotage and hope to find that huge hangar room - perfect launching/landing point for Archwing, Dagryns, and Ogmas.  DE has some good excuses to go back and touch up and add to older tilesets to integrate archwing play seamlessly, and they really should jump at them while this forum is back to rumbling about what the next issue DE should crack down on will be (it could even be Archwing.)

I couldnt agree more, they've opened up alot of options for further development, and its gonna be exciting to see which way they take it next. As of now, i feel the underwater-parts of the missions could be a bigger part of the mission in general, even completely submersive missions would be cool. Exploring the depths of the pasific ocean on earth or digging through the ice on europa, to find an ocean beneath. Further development in space are just as exciting, sabotaging ships and escaping with your archwing before everything blows to pieces.

The sharkwing speed issue will become more prominent on missions were the submersive parts play a bigger role in the mission.