Dragon Nikana The Most Op Melee ?

saintsspider

Question

I wanted to ask from you guys which melee weapon is the most OP in terms of damage

from my dragon nikana i can get 38k finisher damage (33k normal critical damage) thought prisma Skana would be nice too but the max damage i have gotten from that is 3k(noobest melee weapon ever) ... did i mention it also looks sexy as hell

What melee weapons u guys using fore late game based solely on the damage output. 

EDIT: Prisma Skana not prisma darka LOL...noob me :(

Edited by saintsspider

I wanted to ask from you guys which melee weapon is the most OP in terms of damage

from my dragon nikana i can get 38k finisher damage (33k normal critical damage) thought prisma darka would be nice too but the max damage i have gotten from that is 3k(noobest melee weapon ever) ... did i mention it also looks sexy as hell

What melee weapons u guys using fore late game based solely on the damage output. 

So uh, you meant Prisma Skana or Dakra Prime? xd

Also, I find that Scindo P has the highest damage per hit, while Dakra P whilw channeling has the highest damage per second. Mine just obliterates anything, not to mention it oneshots easy enemies up to level 50 and heavies up to lvl 42 (unless crit, then add like 15+ levels to those).

Dragon Nikana is the most powerful weapon you can obtain without the need for void trader/ prime part hunt.

Clan dojo research Nikana, and market bp for the upgrade.

It is a decent upgrade over the skana/ cronus which you most likely got the cronus from fighting Vor.

Which it's existence kind of spits on the Prisma Skana, since it was sold in Pluto Relay which
by the time you can enter the MR8 relay, people would be using Dragon Nikana as their basic tier melee if there is nothing better.

If only there was something in game called range or utilities like ground slam that matter....oh wait, there are.

I have seen people running all melee in a little Dragon Nikana, vs Galantine, Orthos P, Scindo P, Jat Kittag, Tonbo, etc contest and losing the damage done and opponents killed race badly during several attempts. The DK still loses the damage race vs Dakra P+Crimson fury often enough despite the clunkiness of CF's movements. It is a good weapon but hardly the best or most powerful and certainly not OP.   

I'm not a huge fan of the Nikanas simply because they are mostly single target. With the Scindo P and Tempo Royale for example your first attack is always an AOE attack that hits all enemies around you even when you have a primary weapon in your hands. That means that with just a single attack you can kill whole groups of enemies with Primed Reach (well not atm since melee range is completely broken since U17) which is really really useful in a game that throws hordes of enemies at you most of the time.

I'm not a huge fan of the Nikanas simply because they are mostly single target. With the Scindo P and Tempo Royale for example your first attack is always an AOE attack that hits all enemies around you even when you have a primary weapon in your hands. That means that with just a single attack you can kill whole groups of enemies with Primed Reach (well not atm since melee range is completely broken since U17) which is really really useful in a game that throws hordes of enemies at you most of the time.

OMG Y did i sell that stance .... f*********

now i feel sad as my Scindo prime is being built in the foundry as i speak

Scindo Prime, easily. 

Build it with a Berserker-crit build, toss on an Arcane Strike syandana, and use Rending Crane. The damage multipliers are insane, and the speeds are ungodly. 

If there's something that needs to die, and die quickly, I use Scindo Prime. It's a freight train.