Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dragon Nikana The Most Op Melee ?

saintsspider

Question

I wanted to ask from you guys which melee weapon is the most OP in terms of damage

from my dragon nikana i can get 38k finisher damage (33k normal critical damage) thought prisma Skana would be nice too but the max damage i have gotten from that is 3k(noobest melee weapon ever) ... did i mention it also looks sexy as hell

What melee weapons u guys using fore late game based solely on the damage output. 

EDIT: Prisma Skana not prisma darka LOL...noob me :(

Edited by saintsspider

Dragon Nikana was the king of melee along with Dakra Prime when Melee 2.0 was introduced. It was the signature weapon signaling the new era melee 2.0. It still does decent damage, but it has been dethroned for a while even with the new Blind Justice stance.

Edited by Acidulant

Dragon Nikana with just berserker and life strike is a total beast

Though I've been enjoying the Karyst quite a lot recently with the covered lethality mod (pretty sure I've hit a couple of 182k crits in the void)...but I did spend plat on that Dragon Nikana sheath so :T 

Edited by osheroth

If it comes to numbers and high level, killing a single lvl 100 eximus bombard is so far the easiest with Prisma DC and Dragon Nikana. Scindo P slightly lacks behind due to the slower ramp up with berserk and procing corrosive, but once you can keep up the 3rd gear berserk it's as good or better! Ninkondi lacks damage after taking down the whole armor so that it changed to flesh. 

the best melee weapons are all those weapons wich can make use of berserk and have either high crit chance or base damage, namely: d.nikana , dakra prime with crimson dervish, jat kittag with crushing ruin (spam the block combo) scindo prime with tempo royale/cleaving whirlwind and prisma skana/prisma dual cleavers with the augment and crismon dervish  

on a side note i've found the nikondi with 100% status chance and blast/corrosive(blast/toxin against corpus) but  to be effective even if not berserk viable against high level infested and grineer (no big problems up till lvl 90), still have to check them out at high level void runs thought so i wouldn't swear by them just yet, also a build with finishing touch might be intresting

Recommend not using the term "over powered" like ever again... Usually results in a nerf in the next month, and I swear if my Dragon Nikana gets nerfed, I would upright quit this game... And I'm sure many others would follow suit. The Dragon Nikana isnt over powered, why? one might ask? because it requires a mastery rank 8 to aquire, meaning low level plays cant just slap it on and expect to cut though everything on the get go. Becides it actually takes time to learn the Nikana, you just dont swing it around, and think you can beat anything infront of you, use it wrong you will die, use it right, and everything dies.

So, Over Powered? No, balanced? yes. Are there better weapons? maybe, but it is based on preferences.

and EB isnt a mele weapon either, its a skill.

Prisma cleavers/ dual cleavers.

They're awesome with a crit build, swirling tiger, and the augment.

EB is actually a skill and a melee weapon.

More accurately, EB is a skill that, upon activation, gives Excalibur a melee weapon of the same name, along with its own unique stance, the skill itself then restricts the player from using any other weapons as long as it is activated.

Not including Finisher Damage:

Any chainable Ragdoll weapon/stance (when melee hitboxes are working)*:

Obex/Kogake -Brutal Tide; Ankyros Prime - Seismic Palm; Hammer - Shattering Storm

If Pits or cliffs.....Kestrel charge throw

Ragdoll chaining: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/496126-ragdoll-melee-chaining/?view=findpost&p=5548570

11157518_10204649357813885_1767291982009

11289486_10204722606645060_5356243854485

11036601_10204643194219799_1106074357943

Obex build please c: