Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blocking Should Prevent Physical Status Effects.

Lukap99

The idea is pretty simple.

Blocking, in my opinion, should prevent physical status effects (puncture, slash and impact) from affecting you, but not elemental status effects. Since you can't exactly parry a flamethrower, can you?

Except for the sword 'n' board, which should be able to prevent all status effects, for obvious reasons.

What say you? Yay or nay?

Edited by Lukap99

The idea is pretty simple.

Blocking, in my opinion, should also stop physical status effects (punct, slash and impact) from affecting you, but not elemental status effects. Since you can't exactly parry a flamethrower, can you?

Except for the sword 'n' board, which should be able to block all status effects, for obvious reasons.

Sorry for asking, but do you mean "blocking should prevent physical status effects from affecting the player", or "blocking should stop existing physical status effects from affecting the player", or both of them?

Same question goes for the sword and shield weapons. 

Sorry for asking, but do you mean "blocking should prevent physical status effects from affecting the player", or "blocking should stop existing physical status effects from affecting the player", or both of them?

Same question goes for the sword and shield weapons. 

*prevent

Editing title now.

Been saying this since Damage 2.0 was first introduced-- if the attack doesn't damage your health, it shouldn't cause your frame to bleed. Procs like Slash should not be happening at all if your shields are active or if your character is literally deflecting the attack entirely (i.e. blocking).

Impact procs have no effect on players and I can kind of understand puncture procs going through both shields and blocks (because, well, puncturing), but slash procs while shielded and/or blocking SERIOUSLY need to go.

Edited by SortaRandom

• 1 month later...

Or maybe... Reduce chance of status on player when blocking (e.g 40-60% less)?

^ This.

Possibly give sword and shield types a better immunity rate because, well, shield. But absolute immunity... naw.

If you want that, an Exilus mod could easily do the same thing. Perhaps  a channeling mod that outright prevents statuses while blocking with a small drain on energy only when a status is prevented—not from every blocked attack.

Edited by DiosGX

Or maybe... Reduce chance of status on player when blocking (e.g 40-60% less)?

Reducing the chance doesn't magically mean that it'll no longer be a problem. It'll still be a problem, only less common.

Imagine if Grineer Heavy Gunner bullets had a 3% chance of instakilling the player regardless of current shields/health. Reducing the chance to 1% or even 0.01% is nothing more than a crappy bandaid solution because it just eases the pain of Heavy Gunner combat without actually solving the problem.

The RNG-based effect will be much rarer, yeah, but when it DOES happen, it'll be every bit as frustrating, unintuitive, and (above all) unavoidable as it always was. The only times I'm okay with RNG-based bleed procs and such are with telegraphed attacks that we can reliably avoid with skill alone (e.g. Manic pounces, Lephantis slams).

Edited by SortaRandom