Allowing Free Access To The New Boss Tyl Regor Was An Excellent Idea

UndeadGhostWarrior

Really. Compared to eg Infested Alad V where u would need to farm the parts this is 100x more entertaining. Only in alerts would you see 100+ squads playing a single mission.

iv already got all the equinox parts and done the quest and i still find it fun to go back and play the mission. Compared to Alad V where after i got all the mesa parts i didn't bother going back as the pain in having to farm and build the keys.

Having open access like this makes people want to play the mission more instead of farming the parts and never going back again which is really waste since so much time and effort went in to making the new level and boss fight. A major example : Alad V

+1 to whoever made this happen

Crazy how we appreciate what used to be normal to us for so long once they go back to it.

I'll give them props for it if they do it for the next frame that only has the standard helmet/chassis/system. Bit telling for me that they let the frame that takes the longest to build drop from a planet boss.

Crazy how we appreciate what used to be normal to us for so long once they go back to it.

I'll give them props for it if they do it for the next frame that only has the standard helmet/chassis/system. Bit telling for me that they let the frame that takes the longest to build drop from a planet boss.

i dont even mind the 6 and a half day building. being able to play when u like makes it worth it

Transition between Archwing and Land is a bit wonky when getting to the room, but I appreciate.

Otherwise, the mood is fantastic, the enemies are cool and interesting. The boss has amazing lines and is funny, has interesting moves and is not easy unless you cheese it (MPrime, Invisibility, Chilling Globe) what with his insta-kill Rocket Fist.

However, the Archwing and Land transition is very fun and interesting in the boss room itself with the electrical trap, and the transition between stages is fantastic. I really like it. Plus, they found a way to make the manics in the boss fight make sense and not be an overall nuisance as much as a mechanic itself.

The Uranus Tileset, most specifically the boss fight is fantastic. The rest of the tileset is great, as you may see from Ophelia, on which I ran a solo survival run for fun, something noone does anymore. Simply because the mood is fantastic and the verticality and overall size of the rooms are spot on. The pop-up cover allows them to not stuff a room with random crates for absolutely no reason which kind of took away from the game, by having a more empty and clean room but the enemies themselves provide cover for eachother. Besides, it has the Archwing AND Uranus drop table, which means you can go there to a Submersible mission and farm Tellurium. While having fun.

TL;DR: They did everything right. 10/10. The grind for Equinox doesn't feel like a grind because it's actually fun. Everything is fun and even if you're done with Tyl you may feel like repeating it still afterwards.

Edited by HunterHog