Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma. The Current Dojo Issue

Zurakci

I am reeeaaally happy with the 8 patch. Dojo is fine looking thing, the Grineer ships are awesome. But one thing is bothering me.. the FORMA

(my opinion... So say what you want.. I dont like it one bit xP )

Currently right now Forma can only be obtained from random login reward (which we all know is pretty broken) or be bought for 20 Plat. It takes about 4 or so FORMA for 1 room in the Dojo. Something tells me that this is their nr 1 cash wall for this game and of course it would worked on me if I werent broke. 

But why cant you craft these out from the shop? or even buy them? This is a reeeaaal dirty trick. I dont really like that idea at all.

Anyone else who think that FORMA should be easier to obtain, or atleast be a blueprint buyable?

Currently you can get Forma by:

Platinum, Login Rewards, ? Alert Rewards, or possible Mission Complete Rewards for missions in "The Void".

It is indeed rare, but can be obtained several ways...

good to know

btw: can you pls lock the old alerts now?

Platinum, Login Rewards, ? Alert Rewards, or possible Mission Complete Rewards for missions in "The Void".

So rebecca hows those vaubin alerts going. We gonna see a second piece ever?

I wish I could have seen a forma from the void instead of the glitched reaper bps and the giant pile of latron prime stocks and blueprints.

The problem is forma is not just used for clans its also used for personal progression which makes it difficult for medium to small clans to get their members to contribute in proper amounts. A 5 forma hallway to get started is a big hump and getting people to contribute when you have to go 50 forma before you can even start your first research is difficult. Your asking most of your clan to give up personal progression for a unknown large amount of time for the ability to even start research for a blueprint.

Edited by Meltina

this game is becoming more p2w . A soloution to this could be completly removing the forma requirement or making it more easier to obtain

You don't become "more" p2w, your either p2w or your not.

p2w isn't quantifiable.

several absurdly dumb ways, yes

Egg on your face. The helm alert was 2 hours ago.

1 per week is more rare that potatoes. DERebecca said they wouldn't be that rare; I didn't realize she really meant they wouldn't be as common as potato alerts.

So how common do you think Forma will be? At least as rare as potatoes. Void keys seem to be the only way people can farm them, but you have to farm the keys, then you have to farm the missions and hope the RNG there gives you forma. And if you get the wrong BP instead, it wipes your progress for that mission out and eats the key (which I do think is a bug).

But someone said that his 20 person clan picked up 4 already... 4 total for 20 people over a 12 hour timeframe.

No matter how many ways you can obtain it, it still doesn't change the fact that it's very rare.

1 % chance getting it over here, 1 % chance getting it over there...so on and so forth.

Platinum: wich I have but thought to spend them wisely enough, because 50 € are still 50 €. It was my idea to spend such an ammount of money because this game is made as any other game on the market and deserved to receive its right support from everyone. I didn't need any platinum because this game was balanced for everyone. There was farming, now we all know where this is going.

Login Rewards: Don't want to make a fuss about it, but we all know that is rare as World Peace.

? Alert Rewards: "Did I get some For... ah! Ok... Just some Sniper scavenger, AGAIN!"

Possible Mission Rewards: I'll have you know that I took a break from work today, told them I was sick. because I wanted to play this Update 8 and everything. This was my devotion for WF. After 35 games today I haven't farmed ANYTHING. Plus in those 35 games there were some ? Alerts. Although one of them gave me Vauban Helmet bp.

So in the end you failed me. Really bad. I was happy to share this game with my friends and all. Even though someone ranted about how hard was crafting without plats I praised their "Patience". Now I'm gonna teach their grandsons about patience.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. Using Forma for weapons is right, promoting bp is fair (keep them busy until there are more contents), putting a Ultrararetoget WF that costs 300 plat- I can understand that-, I can try to set my mind to an extent and understand the whole Void key mental process you guys made, but farming materials for the Dojo is hard as it is already! Putting that forma trap was cheap.

Edited by Zantestsuken

"Well, you cant get a toptier weapon without waiting for the RNG in alerts or paying for a potato... but oh boy DE Just announced a POLARIZING feature! That means I can simply farm my weapons to a high capacity instead of pay for them."

That was me post Livestream #3 or so.

Then Forma costs exactly like a potato.

Otherwise, you can get it from:

RNG, RNG, Payment + RNG (Buy a void key, get a lucky reward), Payment, and RNG + RNG (Find a void key and get the random reward?).

I don't know what to believe in anymore.

Edited by Feam

people have found forma in a defense mission as a reward, but that is still rare. i think DE needs to remove forma from hallways/connectors or make them only require 1 forma. even my 200+ clan is having trouble finding forma. Atm its a bit too rare and adding more things into the alter system makes it even rarer since alerts are randomly generated.

I agree with the current Forma costs being a problem. That is why I have a max Forma cost of 1(or 0 for corridors) for Low tier rooms in my idea thread here:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/50238-a-dojo-solution-make-current-rooms-top-tier-cosmestic-upgrades-add-much-cheaper-and-worse-looking-versions-of-rooms-for-smaller-clans/

I don't see a problem with cosmetic Dojo upgrades costing Forma since it would not be mandatory.

Update 8 has only been here for 1 day. It seems people are getting impatient and don't feel like farming at all. Sure, it takes a lot of formas to expand the dojo, but considering clans are capable of contributing to the cause, it really isn't that much work. Some clans have 50+ members, so 5 forma is really not that big of a deal. 

I think scaling the material requirements to clan size is much more important.