Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Glitches; Reasons Why Stealth Is Mostly Dead In Warframe

(PSN)L-B-H-100

before i posted this topic i tested stealth a few times before than. i ran into MANY glitches in the process that is worth talking about.

these are the glitches i mostly ran into that the developers MUST fix in order to resurrect stealth in warframe, cause right now, its a dead mechanic.

Drahk enemies can detect you as you enter the room.

though this does not alert other enemies, the Drahk enemies seem to throw you off balance, as their masters are always in the middle of the room out in the open. if you kill the master, it usually alerts enemies who can see him. this could be resolved by leading him to another room, but that takes a long time as the masters like to keep their distance.

spinning enemies

some enemies just don't know how to keep a proper patrol. we often see these enemies spin around in circles to find which way they are going next. as they spin, their line of sight increases by 360 degrees, making them almost impossible to assassinate with a sword alone.

in the next room, after alerted by alarm, enemies will not let go of cover and resume patrol.

this is probably one of the most known problems when it comes to stealth. though it may not sound like a big deal, its a really BIG DEAL. if the alarms are set off, enemies will take cover by the door in the next room. after you disable the alarm, enemies will not let go of their cover and will keep their eyes on the door. this makes it almost impossible to go through the next door undetected.

enemies vision is insanely increased when in cover

(refer to recent glitch) say you successfully enter the room without being detect, there are still enemies in cover. realistically, they cannot see you when they are in cover......NOPE! the enemies sight is INCREASED! if you are in front of there cover in any angle, you will be spotted.

scanners cannot see through the next room

scanners are probably the only useful things to make stealth a little easier. they do have limitations though as you cant see on the other side of doors. i do not know if this is actually intended by the developers or a common glitch.

Console can not switch camera angles.

please tell me if there is a way to switch camera angle on console cause i cant so so now. switching camera angles can be a useful feature when using stealth, however for console this is not a helpful tip.

EDIT: attention console players, you may change the button and control layout in the games options. it took me a while to find the option in game, as i probably have chosen the wrong button to set the reverse camera. try replacing the R3 button from "activate selected power", to "reverse camera". this should really be a default option so that's why i included it in the list.

huddled enemies

unless you are lucky or prefer silent firearms it is incredibly impossible to kill these huddled enemies without being detected. either your stealth kill animation magically lunges your target forward, or the enemy next to your target sees you kill his buddy, via inadvisability.

some enemies have a chance to spawn behind the door you have just left. added by MagnusFury

sometimes when you exit a room, it doesn't take long for more enemies to spawn behind you, most of which just so happens to be facing perfectly toward the door. sometimes in a distances that make it not possible to go around them or just camp beside the door. this disturbs your plan of an escape route to think of a strategy.

too many enemies often spawn in small rooms added by Crimson_Judgment

we sometimes see too many enemies in close quarters, making it hard for us to plan out a strategy without being detected.

some stealth kill animations carry your target forward added by DoomFruit

the title speaks for itself. a good example would be the sword and shield stealth kill that gives a three strike combo to your target, carrying him forward to about 3 meters. this makes it hard when dealing damage to large groups.

please note that I've tried everything to have a good stealth round with the reward of extra affinity. all of witch i have been detected once in the mission, making it a total bust to to some of these glitches listed above.

using Loki, using Ash, using my scanner, using a shade, using a bow, using cover, everything. or at least most of everything.

some of which SHOULD NOT EVEN MATTER if a use them or not. i want to have the freedom of choice, so what if i wanted to bring my rhino, or my Chroma!? what if i don't have an ash, or a Loki?

these features NEED to be fixed if this game has any chance to be a good stealth game.

made a stealth 2.0 fan concept on to how the developers could fix stealth in simple ways.

click here to check it out!

ITS A GAME ABOUT NINJAS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

EDIT: some of you throughout the comments think that stealth is fine the way it is and have a been telling me a few tips and tricks to "bypass" these glitched. everything from using the edge of the map, to waiting 60 seconds for enemies to calm down.

i for one think that these tips are helpful, but as i mentioned above, I've tried them all. thank you for trying to help though, i really appreciate that.

however, i do not think that these tips and tricks "should" be in the game. us using these helpful glitches to "bypass" the games stealth glitches is all the more reason why stealth needs to be fixed. we shouldn't have to go through so much effort to kill enemies in weird ways without being detected.

my point is, THESE ARE GLITCHES and its better for a glitch to be fixed than putting in all the work to "bypass" it in ridiculous ways.

and these glitches NEED to be fixed.

Edited by (PS4)L-B-H-100

1: Only the pets.

2: if you're quick enough, it can be avoided.

3: Learn to shoot around.

4: PS4 bug.

5: PS4 bug.

6: that's why you don't do it out in the open.

7: Punch through.

your basically giving me a  "git gud" statement. one that i find highly offensive. so....

1)no, not only the pets, study carefully.

2) "If" you are quick enough. please note that i have used ash prime and loki prime with speed mods. if thats not "quick enough" i dont know what is.

3) don't give me stupid tip like that, i know how to shoot very well in warframe and my accuracy is at its peak.

4) 5) tried to leave the letters and number "PS4" out of my topic sense i knew other console players may have this problem as well. im not getting a PC anytime soon. so no, i cant just deal with it.

6) in case you haven't noticed they are permanently glued to that spot. so yeah, its pretty hard to, in a way, not kill them at all. good luck on extermination missions with that obvious tip.

7) yes, i could use punch through. hell, i can even bring my bow. but i already informed you in the topic that i have already tried that. though it did help me, it made the game less immersive than it should be, as i found myself stuck with using this punch-through weapon just to be good at it. what if i want to use my sword to do the necessary work.

Edited by (PS4)L-B-H-100

I bet you're one of those people who just reply with "OMG JUST MELEE THEM" to nullifier feedback posts too.

Yeah I agree with OP, this sh!t needs fixing if I'm ever gonna play stealth with anything other than Loki...

Stealth is unpopular because it's slow and unrewarding.

i do agree with it being slow, but not unrewarding. the spy 2.0 update gives more affinity to your weapons and your warframe on a stealth kill. i was able to stack over 1000 points per kill because of it, and those were only grunt kills. this makes it much faster to level up your gear if you like going solo.

Aye, there are so many things with Stealth that need fixing.

To add to your list:

1. Enemies begin to spawn immediately after you leave a room.

2. Enemies have potential to spawn behind a door, the instant it closes. This means there is a chance that, when you walk out of a room, a guard will immediately spawn and detect you.

3. Post-alert disarming, alerted enemies will remain alerted for many rooms. If these enemies run into an unalerted area, that area becomes alerted.

4. OHKO weapons are the only way to go, as any other weapon will cause alert to a surviving enemy (or so I've experienced)

i do agree with it being slow, but not unrewarding. the spy 2.0 update gives more affinity to your weapons and your warframe on a stealth kill. i was able to stack over 1000 points per kill because of it, and those were only grunt kills. this makes it much faster to level up your gear if you like going solo.

It'd also be nice if all those lockers and chests contained something worthwhile, stealth or loud.

I mean, hell, there are secret rooms for god sake! What's the point in making those if the loot is inevitably crap!?

Stupid post is stupid. Most of his complaints are perfectly reasonable considering how utterly bad stealth is in Warfarm.

For me, the worst is that I just can't really tell how and where the enemies are looking. I often flung myself right over the heads of enemies.Not detected. But when I'm high in a perch. Spotted as soon as the guy steps through the door. And than the difference between unalerted and alerted enemies in term of detection is huuuge. You really have no reliable way to tell who can see you and who cannot.

With this there's the bane of my stealth runs. Instant detection. I see a lancers legs under a pipe. Suddenly he spots me with his knee, and relays to everyone that instant where I am, what I am, what underwear I wear, what I ate for breakfast and what I read in the daily newspaper. There's just no grace time to correct a single mistake. No way to escape any sudden scenarios.

Also, enemies still seem to "gravitate" towards you. In a capture mission, which I decided to do full stealth, after I killed the first target, as soon as I turned around I saw a whole army marching towards me from previous rooms. They spawn there which is already irritating, but they just seem to follow you despite they shouldn't even know you're there.

The system behind stealth is just bad in general.

Reading your post three times to get everything clear for me, I have the following responses to your points (do note that for almost all of my solo play, I play stealthily, so I am speaking from around 100 - 150+ hours of experience): 

1. An oversight that should be fixed. That I agree with. 

2. An AI problem that should also be fixed, although I did find out that I can time their rotations so that I can continue to chain the 500% Stealth Kill Affinity Multipler. However, that can only be done with a silent gun. 

3. Yes, that happens, even with this recent update. However, I discovered that once you switch off the alarm, and wait for twenty to thirty seconds or so, the enemies will become unaware and have their line of sight decreased back to unalerted distances, meaning you can, with some care and Enemy Radar, still continue to execute the stealth mission without activating the alarm again. 

4. I have not experienced that yet, so I am not going to comment further on this point. 

5. Yes, I do sometimes like to have the ability to see enemies through doors with the scanner, but on reflection, it might make stealth missions a bit too easy. You can equip Enemy Sense to help you check if an enemy is about to enter the door, or sneak up to the side of the door, which would open it, and use the scanner into the next room. That will work normally. 

6. I will trust that you are correct on this, and that should be fixed. 

7. Yes, that is also a pain and could see to be fixed, although I do know that I can just hide behind cover, and snipe the huddled enemies without being alerted whatsoever, as enemies, if they see one of their allies killed without any noise and without seeing their enemy, will go into searching mode, but not activate the alarms. I might lose the Affinity bonus by shooting the searching enemies due to them being alerted, but that is better than being spotted. 

Also its Downright impossible to stealth when Ordis had the Brilliant Idea to drop you right in the middle of 50 Corpus

(im not even exaggerating this has actually happened)

And When there are 20 Enemies in a single linear Room your stealth run is Pretty much over

Another bug i have encountered is killing a enemy activating the alarm and the alarm goes off anyway

i mean is the security code FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF to activate the alarm and he just lands on the F key when he dies lol

Stealth still gets killed by one major thing IMO:  Respawn.

I don't feel like I'm doing anything if I clear a room full of enemies just to walk through a set of doors, turn around, and have the whole room repopulated.

Its just like, "F***!  Why am I even wasting my time?"  

Aye, there are so many things with Stealth that need fixing.

To add to your list:

1. Enemies begin to spawn immediately after you leave a room.

2. Enemies have potential to spawn behind a door, the instant it closes. This means there is a chance that, when you walk out of a room, a guard will immediately spawn and detect you.

3. Post-alert disarming, alerted enemies will remain alerted for many rooms. If these enemies run into an unalerted area, that area becomes alerted.

4. OHKO weapons are the only way to go, as any other weapon will cause alert to a surviving enemy (or so I've experienced)

It'd also be nice if all those lockers and chests contained something worthwhile, stealth or loud.

I mean, hell, there are secret rooms for god sake! What's the point in making those if the loot is inevitably crap!?

thanks for sharing your experience, ive edited my post with one of you statements.

I will say one thing in a general, I have seen no problem with stealth. And as for hacking the alarms, I wasn't talking about moving them, I'm saying to get your clumsy guy In a room off to the side and do it.

but i never said anything about that being a problem, and you never said what you actually meant in your first post.

I'm not dumb, obviously i wont disable an alarm without killing all of the alerted enemies first.

before posting anything else about warframe stealth tips, it almost seems that every tip i've received so far on this post, is like bypassing something that could, and very well should be fixed in the first place. you saying that using weapon silence mods are the only way to go is like saying that all weapons that are already silent is pointless to use. you saying that i should use ash or loki, is like saying that using any other warframe for stealth is impossible. the thing is, it very well should be possible. all of these posts telling me to do simple things like wait for thirteen seconds for the enemies sight to decrease, is just not good enough. waiting for the enemies sight and awareness to decrees for thirteen seconds just sound ridiculous.

it just seems ridiculous to, in a way, "bypass" each glitch by using a certain warframe or weapon.

my point is, THESE ARE GLITCHES and its better for a glitch to be fixed than putting in all the work to bypass it in ridiculous ways.

and these glitches NEED to be fixed.

Drahk "seeing" us I can understand. I tend to do stealth-focused runs or at least try to until the rest of the PUG shows up in Public matches... anyway... 

I figure it's one of two thinks; Drahk are kubrow, so they don't use the same AI. I haven't tested it much - but someone should if there isn't actual data on it already - but my assumption is they are either in an alerted or unalerted state. Wild kubrow are "not alerted" when you're far away from them or haven't attacked their nest. Any mission I see kubrow, I avoid them and let them take out the Grineer... hence "I haven't tested it".

Second option is, much like the first, but since Drahk are kubrow, they can track and sense you regardless of line of sight. Drahk are alerted always, and thus attack just like wild kubrow would if you done messed with their nest, except there are no glowing eyes. The wild ones do tend to track enemies across the map if they're able.

It's annoying, but I always figured it was intended. Sure, I can hide from the troopers, but a dog is probably going to be able to sniff me out. I would prefer if they had a range limit and didn't come running from 4 tiles over, but it is what it is. It kind of serves as a foil - to me - for perma-Lokis and invisible rushers. I like that there is something out there that will attack me while I'm invisible, probably because of the added challenge, and because of the sometimes hilarity when I've already murdered the map then all it takes is a dog to make the few left aware of the cause. I mean, really, did they not notice all their buddies when silent?

Huh, I wasn't aware of that. I'll have to load up Loki and give it a shot. I thought it was only a +100% bonus?