Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Dojo Solution: Make Current Rooms Top Tier Cosmestic Upgrades, Add Much Cheaper And Worse Looking Versions Of Rooms For Smaller Clans

Unknown924

One of the ideas going around the forums is letting smaller clans have cheaper rooms that are worse looking. This thread is my proposal for that idea.

Room Tiers Appearance:

Low - things such as rust, low/flickering light levels, evidence of construction/ construction materials visible.

Medium - no rust, very plain walls, most evidence of construction gone, still some material piles, shipping crates that need to be unpacked.

High - what we have currently

Prices:

Low - a tenth or less of current material prices. Half or so of the credit prices. Forma oly required in small amounts for most functional rooms, not corridors.

Medium - 1/4 to 1/2 of current material prices. Full current credit price. Forma required for all rooms in small amounts.

High - what we have now

Upgrading: Pay the difference between the tier you want and what you currently have.

Room Limits: Some rooms, such as clan/great halls not available below certain tiers. All rooms in the Dojo must be withing 1 tier of every other room - no cheap Low level reactors/ corridors and High level rooms at the same time. If a room may not be build below a certain tier, every current room must be that tier or better. If a room in the Dojo requires a certain tier, no rooms of a lower tier may be built.

------------------------------

Specific Examples:

Corridors:

Low -

Visual:rusty, paneling/siding missing from some sections of wall

Forma Cost: No Forma required

Medium -

Visual: no rust, paneling/siding on walls but very plain

Forma Cost: 1 Forma

High - what we have now

Elevators:

Low -

Visual: rusty, slower to go/up down, lurching sound/movement

Medium -

Visual: no rust, still slower movement but no lurching sound/movement

Forma Cost: 5 Forma

High - what we have now, perhaps a bit faster movement

Reactor:

Low -

Visual: cluttered construction equipment, smaller reactor, flickering lights on reactor, stuttering noise

Forma Cost: No Forma Required

Medium -

Visual: most equipment gone, slightly larger reactor than Low, no flickering lights/stuttering noise

High - What we have now

Labs/Oracle:

Low-

Visual: unpacked crates, evidence of construction, much less space to move around

Medium -

Visual: fewer crates, no construction evidence, not as much equipment visible as High version

High - what we have now

Clan Hall:

Low - not available

Medium -

Visual: Under construction, worse lighting

Forma Cost: 5

High - what we have now

Great Hall:

Low - not available

Medium - not available

High - What we have now

Dueling Room:

Low -

Visual: Much less room for spectators, evidence of construction - crates/boxes/etc

Medium -

Visual: Most clutter gone

High - what we have now

Main Dojo Room: Tier is equal to the lowest tier room currently in the Dojo

Low -

Visual: No furnishings/ low light level, rusty/ dirty

Medium -

Visual: Some furnishings / medium light level, no rust /dirt

High - what we have now

------------------------------

I believe the above idea would benefit large and small clans alike.

Smaller clans would be able to have access to research and items with a bit of work. They would also have a longer term goal of upgrading the Dojo to look better.

Large clans would be able to feel pride in how their Dojo looks. Also, by limiting some rooms to Medium or better large clans could access non-gameplay rooms that smaller clans would not be able to.

More cosmetic only rooms could be added that require Medium or High tiers so large clans can feel a sense of pride without limiting small clans from accessing gameplay related content.

EDIT ------- Cosmetic Room Ideas -------

Here are some ideas for cosmetic only rooms larger clans could build.

Observation Sphere: High only

Giant Sphere with transparent sides and walkways to access different levels. This would provide a view of space or the outside of other rooms in the Dojo.

Meditation Sphere: Medium, High only

Sphere with platform in center with walkway connecting it. Sides of sphere have slowly moving and changing shapes and patterns.

Aquarium Room: High only

Very tall room with a mufti-level aquarium in the middle and stairs to different levels. Has attachment points at different levels.

Water Sphere: Medium, High only

Medium sized room with floating sphere of water in the center. Moving lights of various colors inside the sphere influence the color of the water.

Basic Arsenal: All levels

Small room with weapon racks on sides.

Low - Partialy filled racks with Latos, Braton Mk-1s and Skanas.

Medium - Fully filled weapon racks Latos, Bratons, Cronuses, Struns

High - Adds more advanced weapons

Medium Arsenal: Medium, High only

Medium sized room with multiple aisles of weapon racks. Has a variety of different weapons.

Medium - Variety of weapons

High - Weapon Variety increased

Basic Clan Arsenal: High only

Large room with many weapon racks. Starts with empty racks which have weapons added to them as the clan researches them. This room will reflect the research done by the clan. More advanced version of the room can be created to hold new research only weapons when they added.

EDIT ------- Research Lab Scaling -------

This is an idea I got from discussion in this thread.

Research Time Scaling:

Effect - Lower tier labs have increased research time to reflect not having as much equipment.

Low - 4x Time

Medium - 2x Time

High - Current Time

Research Cost Scaling:

This is to reflect the fact that larger clans will have a much easier getting resources than smaller clans. In a 100 person clan each person only needs to give 1/100th the research cost while in a 4 member clan each person needs to give 1/4th the cost of the research. Even with the proposed scaling below larger clans would need less resources from each individual member than a smaller clan.

Effect - Reduces the amount of resources required to start research. Smaller labs will use less material and have to be more careful with the material they have than larger labs. Larger labs can use more material and have more material to take risks with.

Low - 1/8 to 1/4 cost

Medium - 1/4 to 1/2 cost

High - Current cost.

Any thoughts on Research Lab Time and Cost scaling?

Edited by Unknown924

My biggest concern is that if we are to consider that low tier rooms will look shabby, then it's not exactly appealing either to build them, right?

I'd like to kind of keep the rough layout of the rooms, just add more models to them as you "progress" through the tiers. Or perhaps add the ability to place the very same models on your own?

Edited by InfinitexL

My biggest concern is that if we are to consider that low tier rooms will look shabby, then it's not exactly appealing either to build them, right?

I'd like to kind of keep the rough layout of the rooms, just add more models to them as you "progress" through the tiers. Or perhaps add the ability to place the very same models on your own?

The main point of Low tier rooms is functionality > form.

Having them look shabby is intentional. If you can afford better looking rooms than do so. It lets small clans have a very basic Dojo with full functionality while letting larger clans that can afford it get better looking rooms. Better looking rooms also provide a goal for small clans to work towards without price locking them out of content.

Edited by Unknown924

+1, this is great for my 10 person clan

The recent update is leading me to want to quit and join a larger clan Zerg to simply access weapons

Same here.  Im sure i can get in to nearly any clan I wanted to and all I have to do is act honest and then after I get my weapons, I could go back to my clan.  Which brings up the idea, can you be apart of many guilds?  it would be nice to a personal clan for friends and another for actually makign weapons and stuff.

In the end, I think my small group is going to just stick it out and seehow far we can go.  We spent a lot of credits and resources as it is, so why quit now?

I don't know exactly how the labs work, but I think it would be perfectly fine if the inferior versions of the rooms were also inferior in other ways. That is, if it took longer to gain access to new blueprints, etc. I'm all for the larger clans to have more benefits, but would like to have more people have access to the content.

Edited by MisguidedGT

I don't know exactly how the labs work, but I think it would be perfectly fine if the inferior versions of the rooms were also inferior in other ways. That is, if it took longer to gain access to new blueprints, etc. I'm all for the larger clans to have more benefits, but would like to have more people have access to the content.

As long as smaller clans can research everything eventually I have no problem with it taking longer for them. Costs for research should stay the same though since it will be harder for small clans to come up with the resources than large clans, so large clans already have an advantage there.

Thoughts on that from other people?

The Warbros Dojo thread has a video that shows off research at around the 2:30 mark:

I am glad that DE did not put in the option to platinum rush research.

Although looking at the research costs, perhaps lower tier labs could cost a bit less in addition to taking longer because 500 of the new research resources seems a bit high for a small clan. It could be justified that smaller labs have to be much more careful to conserve the resources they do have while larger labs can afford to lose materials in experiments. Something like 1/2 cost for over 4x research time for low tier labs? The base time in the video of 3 days for a High tier lab would become 12+ days for a Low tier lab.

Ah, thanks Unknown. Ok, so research is a group activity as well. If the regular versions of the rooms take 3 days to do research, I'd be ok with a cheapo version taking 5-7 days. I think that would be fair.

Edited by MisguidedGT

I added a scaling research idea and some ideas for cosmetic only rooms to the end of my post.

This idea could add a lot to Warframe. Could everyone that likes this idea ask their friends/clan mates to take a look and up-vote/comment if they also like it? Getting a good amount of support behind the idea may get DE to give serious thought about it. It would be awesome if we could get the idea of cosmetic Dojo tiers as a hot topic or even on a live stream.