Purple Critical Hits

D4RKCREEP3R

Question

purple is over shield damage.

It's strange tho how he even managed to have an overshield tho as a Valkyr in the dojo. They fixed being able to place gear in the dojo if it was set to a hotkey so they shouldn't have been able to place shield restores.

And also, it can't be a red crit judging from the other damage numbers.

Edited by Gravalite

Pretty sure they are red. :p

It's basically critting crits. If your weapons reach over 100% crits, you can deal red crits that deals twice the crit damage.

Where? Certainly not the ones for getting over 100%, is there something for getting over 200% I don't know of?

Just updated the pust refresh

As far as I'm aware there's no accounting for, nor any possibility of over 200% crits yet.

It's most likely dodgy colour settings in your GPU panel, or as happens with my monitor, dodgy monitor colour profiles. My monitor's own profiles turns white to cream, using windows' own settings fixes that.

That or you are actually colourblind but somehow I think you'd be aware if you are or not.

Out of curiosity, what colour does this appear?

f249fd8616.png

Edit: NVM, i see you updated your post while i was writing with an image, I concur with the posts below, its likely overshield damage.

Edited by Jag272

My friend said he saw some purple numbers as well. I didn't buy it until today, I was doing a T2 surivival with Oberon, one of the Corrupted Lancer got hit by Reckoning and it showed purple damage as well. It was too fast and I coudln't screenshot it in time though.

You probably have colourblind mode on.

The HP at the top right is red. Same with the reticle and Valkyr color scheme.

Edit: Also, colorblind mode is not enabled by default, and I doubt this person changed it.

Edited by KritikalOverkill

It's strange tho how he even managed to have an overshield tho as a Valkyr in the dojo. They fixed being able to place gear in the dojo if it was set to a hotkey so they shouldn't have been able to place shield restores.

yeah he had not overshield.

The HP at the top right is red. Same with the reticle and Valkyr color scheme.

Edit: Also, colorblind mode is not enabled by default, and I doubt this person changed it.

Yup no colorblind assist or anything

Pretty sure they are red. :p

It's basically critting crits. If your weapons reach over 100% crits, you can deal red crits that deals twice the crit damage.

So what about if it's a from the warframe itself ? I get these from time to time with frost 2.

Edit: on second thought you're night form Equinox using your third ability right? It drains energy from enemies. Maybe the purple is actually energy damage and I was mistake about OS damage.

No that actually my second ability and only stuns

Don't listen to these people saying it's not purple.  I have seen them too.  Multiple times.  It's not as if yellow crit numbers are replaced by purple.  You'll still see both.  However, purple numbers are far less frequent.  I've seen them come from Grineer as well so saying it's from shields doesn't make much sense.