Logging Onto A Friends Account = Problem Or No Problem?

Devanor

Question

Greetings fellow Tenno. In a few days, I have a few things that I need to have done, but which I can't do since I will be away. As such, I ask: Can I ask a trusted friend of mine to log onto my account from his computer, and have him do the things for me? Will either of us get into trouble for this?

14 answers to this question

I am aware, but I wonder if DE actually cares if we do this. I mean, it's not like we do something bad with this... right?

They do if they find out, I've seen several threads from people getting banned after the fact complaining about it.  So like, making a thread on the official forums about it isn't necessarily advisable. 

It is not okay. Sharing account details violates the ToS/EULA, and can result in all involved accounts being banned.

Although some do it and never have a problem, that doesn't mean it's okay to do. It simply means they haven't been caught.

Reading through the terms of service it says "unauthorized" use so if a friend was authorized to use it, wouldn't it be considered an exception or is there a definitions explaining what is "authorized"? .-.

A plausible loophole?