Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: P2P Idea.

EternalOdyessy

To start right off the bat, no, this isn't originally my idea. This is "Kill-Cam Celebrity"s idea. I like the idea a lot, though, and wished to share.

EDIT: I completely forgot about platnium and the PA.

Now that I do remember them, I've changed my opinion. There's hardly any way this could be implemented into the game without damage and terror. I'll leave the thread up so people can discuss it (Doesn't seem like it's needed, though) if needed.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/230410/discussions/0/541907867759884973/?tscn=1438627042

To quote what he/she said: 

"How would people feel about a P2P DLC?

I like this game a lot, and to be honest, it's one of my favorites on Steam. Still, one of the biggest things that takes away from this game are the F2P elements. No, I'm not talking about grinding, hear me out.

What I mean is some of the wait times and other BS that pressures you into paying up. I get it, I'm getting this game for free and they need to make money off it somehow (with slots being a nice little way to restrict F2P's without being unfair), but there's no way to clear out wait times.

Does anyone else like the idea of a $20-30 DLC that basically turns the game into a P2P? Here's what I mean:

• Overclocked Foundry [No more wait times for building, or a minute tops]
  • Overclocked Incubator [Pups hatch instantly in a 15-second animation, only takes one day to mature, recovers from stasis instantly]
  • Expanded Closet [infinite weapon/frame slots, or at least a good hundred slots of each]

I know, it's a rough idea, but I think a Grinder's Pack such as this (best name I could come up with, sorry) would really make the game more enjoyable for people who don't want to wait it out when they've already done enough grinding for their new gear. A P2P edition of Warframe would be excellent.

And I personally agree. For heaven's sakes, in my first TWENTY hours of the game, I wished I could out-right buy it.

She/He didn't cover it, but assumed it most likely, and I'll clarify here. This wouldn't be "Membership". One-time pay.

What do you think, fellow Tenno?

Edited by DampEternalSoul

The Foundry is getting an update and we already have an Incubator Segment Upgrade. Plat can be traded so you can buy slots. Besides, all of this costing less than a PA? Doubt it. These suggestions are pretty outdated/irrelevant.

What? The foundry is getting an update?

I would be cool if we could speed up build times with credits, kind of like the upgraded incubators. Though it would not be cheap. That way, there would be a way around things like the 7 day build time of equinox. (Why, DE!?)

1) You double posted.

2) Copy things into a notepad before pasting them in the edit box on the forums.

3) No thanks, the monetization is fine as it is.

I don't see a doublepost.

Nah bro.

Just nah.

The Foundry is getting an update and we already have an Incubator Segment Upgrade. Plat can be traded so you can buy slots. Besides, all of this costing less than a PA? Doubt it. These suggestions are pretty outdated/irrelevant.

From my understanding DE wants to make everything avaible to f2p gamers so they most likely won't do this.

I completely forgot about platnium and the PA.

Now that I do remember them, I've changed my opinion. There's hardly any way this could be implemented into the game without damage and terror. I'll leave the thread up so people can discuss it (Doesn't seem like it's needed, though) if needed.

Why would they sell it for less then even one prime access?

This.

Company doesnt choose f2p model because it attracts more ppl or it doesnt block players who dont want to pay.

Company chooses f2p model because no one can set a limit on how much can single person spend.

Then you just need to avoid backlash and attempt to increase grind as much as possible so every player will pay, generating multiple times as much money per active player as paid titles.

Avoiding backlash isnt that hard when community does expect worst pay2win and grind from f2p game.

Then you need to occasionally implement feature that community proposes and throw off event once in a while and ppl will not only accept your S#&$ but even defend buisness decisions harmful to them.

And if ppl defend any of your decisions then you can get away with anything.

Welcome to warfarm.

Edited by Davoodoo