Melee Hitbox Problem

Brahkest

Question

Hello fellow tenno, I've got some issues with melee that I'm not sure if it's just a bug or me just being terrible at the game lol.

So far since U17, I've noticed that my melee hits are just not hitting enemies. Is anyone experiencing this as well?

I normally use the dual cleavers and I can't seem to hit anything with them, using melee stances or not. I've done some testing, using loki invis so I can get up close to enemies, and I just absolutely can't do damage. I can make stealth kills, but hitting them normally by spamming my attack doesn't seem to do anything.

I've run in front of enemies, to the side, and behind but can't do damage whatsoever. Occasionally, very rarely, I hit them but it takes another 20 hits of spamming E just to do another bit of damage. Are the hitboxes off or am I just missing really badly somehow?

I've run some tests with my scindo, tonbo, etc, with reach and I can't manage to hit them using normal attacks. Jump attacks and stealth work fine however. I haven't had any problems prior and it just seems really weird. A friend of mine is having the same issue as well but not as often.

I'm thinking of making a video for this because it really looks like I'm just clipping through enemies.

Edited by Brahkest

8 answers to this question

Hello fellow tenno, I've got some issues with melee that I'm not sure if it's just a bug or me just being terrible at the game lol.

So far since U17, I've noticed that my melee hits are just not hitting enemies. Is anyone experiencing this as well?

I normally use the dual cleavers and I can't seem to hit anything with them, using melee stances or not. I've done some testing, using loki invis so I can get up close to enemies, and I just absolutely can't do damage. I can make stealth kills, but hitting them normally by spamming my attack doesn't seem to do anything.

I've run in front of enemies, to the side, and behind but can't do damage whatsoever. Occasionally, very rarely, I hit them but it takes another 20 hits of spamming E just to do another bit of damage. Are the hitboxes off or am I just missing really badly somehow?

I've run some tests with my scindo, tonbo, etc, with reach and I can't manage to hit them using normal attacks. Jump attacks and stealth work fine however. I haven't had any problems prior and it just seems really weird. A friend of mine is having the same issue as well but not as often.

I'm thinking of making a video for this because it really looks like I'm just clipping through enemies.

Turn off melee auto-aim in settings and try again to see if thingsare better. If so the problem is more than likely related to that option.

Yeah, a few people have been reporting similar, the dual cleavers especially seem hit by it really bad.

That's good to know. Most of my weapons can't hit anything recently so I thought I broke the game or something haha.

Turn off melee auto-aim in settings and try again to see if thingsare better. If so the problem is more than likely related to that option.

I'll try that. I've always had auto-aim on and had no problems but if this fixes it then that would be great. Thanks for the tip :)

Edited by Brahkest

I've tried it with it both off and on, and with camera tracking both off and on, 2 out of 3 attacks with Dual Cleavers pass harmlessly through the target.

It is happening with the redeemer as well the first shot can't be shot now you need to do a swing and only then you shoot and hitboxes have messed up with dragon nikana and redeemer as well. Tipedo funnily enough is having no problem.

So here is what I found out so far. The problem seems to be with hitting enemies directly in front of the frame. I tested it out by doing melee just off to the side and they would die as they should. Spin attacks and jump melee have the same problem. Hitting storage containers works as it always has so its just an issue with enemies as far as I can tell.