Exilus Slot Thread(Spoiler Alert)

GekkoBlitzscream

Okay guys. Lets start it from this point.

You all got new UTILITY SLOT, that can't even give your frame ANYTHING except UTILITY MODS.

Really? You got you brand new OPTIONAL slot, and you say that it costs too much? 

It costs 50k rep for one not reuseble thing from Simaris. Look, just don't want to be harsh with it, but it makes sense - it's sacred tenno technology found on the SENTIENT ship. It should be only to Cephalon Simaris, not all of the syndicates like one of the thread asks for because of abvious lore reasons. 

2 crafted forma - "It's too much! I still will need to forma my OPTIONAL slot!", and yet when you get forma blueprint or crafted forma on Void most of you scream that they hate this drop and they have over9000 of it. It takes 2 days to craft 2 formas for one adapter, and something close to 4-5 days to get ones blueprint from Simaris, thus you have 4-5 formas for it, i don't see any reason to judge it. It's ENDGAME item, not for newbies that can't get one forma to craft Nikana.

1 cell and 1 argon - just really? It's nothing. From one T1D you get like 2-3 argons, sometimes even more. Sargas Ruk for the cells.

Guys, really you got possibility to craft your OPTIONAL slot, yet you say that you need to put too much effort into it. Maybe you will say that Tonkor and Boltor need to be buffed, yeah? This game has to me hard, and there will be nothing ever that you will get in easy way without money. If you want to get this OPTIONAL slot - put effort into this OPTIONAL ENDGAME SLOT.

And yeah, stop making over9000 threads that DE are bad cuz you can't craft Exilus Adapters like energy pods(10 pods/minute reuseble bp), cuz of reasons stated higher.

Peace out.

Edited by GekkoBlitzscream

You have to spend three days running around with your space camera taking pictures to buy a bandaid fix for a broken system, for ONE FRAME.

Yes, I think it's too much

Make BP reusable.

Edited by Shifted

+1

Give them a hand and they'll complain you didn't give them two arms.

Give them a thing they wanted for years and they'll complain it isn't for free.

Besides, to the people who really think that two formas per frame will kill their finances, 20 plats per Adapter from the market is a pretty nice deal. It's actually really cheap, thinking that come raw resources (looking at you, Orokin Cells) cost nearly that much.

Yes, I think it's too much.

Fine. Don't use the Exilus slots. That will teach DE.

This: 

You have to spend three days running around with your space camera taking pictures to buy a bandaid fix for a broken system, for ONE FRAME.

Yes, I think it's too much

Make BP reusable.

Also, this:

I wouldn't mind just utility mods if utility mods included stuff like natural talent, equilibrium and maybe augments too.
Then I would feel it could be worth while.

Edited by timerwin63

Clearly you don't have every frame in the game forma-d and modded out. Cause if you did and you looked at the 4-5 day time wall per frame you'd probably think differently. 

Not to mention the fact that to even fit on the damn utility mods I'll have to add even more forma to my frames. 

no way

I can trade for 20p faster than any noob that thinks the build requirements are fine. 

I like the system implemented to unlock Exilus slots, and i wouldn't see obtaining them in any other fashion.

Also, buying Exilus for 20p is an alternative in the market; that's equal to the price of a potato, which sounds about right to me.

Those of you that enjoy crying, there's a nice excavation mission on earth. Maybe cryotic will freeze your tears away.

Clearly you don't have every frame in the game forma-d and modded out. Cause if you did and you looked at the 4-5 day time wall per frame you'd probably think differently. 

Not to mention the fact that to even fit on the damn utility mods I'll have to add even more forma to my frames. 

no way

I can trade for 20p faster than any noob that thinks the build requirements are fine. 

just because someone has ludicrous amounts of patience shouldnt make them a noob

some ppl will suck up to anything even if its killing them, might aswell pay the 400p and unlock it for all frames but then again it makes no significant difference with or without the utility slot.

Edited by ranks21

+1

Besides, to the people who really think that two formas per frame will kill their finances, 20 plats per Adapter from the market is a pretty nice deal. It's actually really cheap, thinking that come raw resources (looking at you, Orokin Cells) cost nearly that much.

The 20 plat cost is insulting, it IS stupidly cheap compared to the 9 billion hoops that DE wants you to jump through to get it if you aren't willing to trade for plat or purchase plat. 

If DE just wanted to make it like a Catalyst or Reactor that'd be fine. But it's a joke to say "Buy it for 20p, or spend a week farming and building it for each frame you own."  I'm not planning on spending 24 weeks upgrading each frame. 

And the "you don't like it don't use it!" argument doesn't do much. That's why we POST our angst on the forums. 

Edited by TennoMordant

The ONLY thing I use Exilus for is to equip the elemental Parkour mods. So, visual fluff I guess. Seeing as how this is completely and absolutely optional, I see no reason for the build requirements NOT to be as high as they are. In the end, few people other than min-maxers actually *need* the damned thing.

Edited by Gale47

I wouldn't mind just utility mods if utility mods included stuff like natural talent, equilibrium and maybe augments too.

Then I would feel it could be worth while.

in the devstream that they said "utility mods" the first thing i thought was "natural talent"

just because someone has ludicrous amounts of patience shouldnt make them a noob

agree, but 

The problem is it is much easier and faster to farm void for plat than it is to grind 50k rep for Simaris and wait for formas to build and such.

and I've done it, so many times and the big big problem of this is THE DAILY CAP, getting 20k per day seriously hurt, especially when there are a lot of people that can't play all the days, and perhaps have a weekend to grind

I like the system implemented to unlock Exilus slots, and i wouldn't see obtaining them in any other fashion.

Also, buying Exilus for 20p is an alternative in the market; that's equal to the price of a potato, which sounds about right to me.

Those of you that enjoy crying, there's a nice excavation mission on earth. Maybe cryotic will freeze your tears away.

you like it, I don't, can we move on to something constructive instead trying to insult the rest of the community that are trying to find another way to fix something they think is implemented wrong or just in a bad way ?

+1

If they making choices that get the majority of the community unhappy, eventually a lot of players will stop playing, then what would happen? they will need to increase they way to obtain money to pay the developers, programmers, etc, etc, and in among other this the game can become pay to play, I have no problem putting my money long ago when I start to play, because I liked the game, now is the use of that money long ago that keeps me playing, and a RNG (unfair rng I may add) based quest piss me off so much that I consider once again, going back to thing as POE, LOL, but I take the easy way and play DOTA 2 for 2 days, we have to find a middle ground, DE has a long history of listen to the feedback, I dont want the utility mod for free, but also I don't want have to grind a restricted resource for 2 days straight (as a side note, im considering changing syndicates, and it will take me 44 days if I remember correctly because of all the restrictions to rep farm, and the a 5 days to get the other 2 syandanas), perhaps when we reach mr30 this wouldnt hurt so much (take so much time I mean) but once again I (and a lot others) may stop playing long before that.

I think that the purpose of this thread is to give some feedback to DE, in a good way, don't ruin it trying to white knight it, or insulting the rest of the people that agree that something is wrong, write your opinions on the matter, why do you think is implemented correctly, or not, and what would you like to change, and what should remain the same

Edited by Jyro-Blud

The ONLY thing I use Exilus for is to equip the elemental Parkour mods. So, visual fluff I guess. Seeing as how this is completely and absolutely optional, I see no reason for the build requirements NOT to be as high as they are. In the end, few people other than min-maxers actually *need* the damned thing.

Yup, that's the point.

in the devstream that they said "utility mods" the first thing i thought was "natural talent"

agree, but 

and I've done it, so many times and the big big problem of this is THE DAILY CAP, getting 20k per day seriously hurt, especially when there are a lot of people that can't play all the days, and perhaps have a weekend to grind

you like it, I don't, can we move on to something constructive instead trying to insult the rest of the community that are trying to find another way to fix something they think is implemented wrong or just in a bad way ?

If they making choices that get the majority of the community unhappy, eventually a lot of players will stop playing, then what would happen? they will need to increase they way to obtain money to pay the developers, programmers, etc, etc, and in among other this the game can become pay to play, I have no problem putting my money long ago when I start to play, because I liked the game, now is the use of that money long ago that keeps me playing, and a RNG (unfair rng I may add) based quest piss me off so much that I consider once again, going back to thing as POE, LOL, but I take the easy way and play DOTA 2 for 2 days, we have to find a middle ground, DE has a long history of listen to the feedback, I dont want the utility mod for free, but also I don't want have to grind a restricted resource for 2 days straight (as a side note, im considering changing syndicates, and it will take me 44 days if I remember correctly because of all the restrictions to rep farm, and the a 5 days to get the other 2 syandanas), perhaps when we reach mr30 this wouldnt hurt so much (take so much time I mean) but once again I (and a lot others) may stop playing long before that.

I think that the purpose of this thread is to give some feedback to DE, in a good way, don't ruin it trying to white knight it, or insulting the rest of the people that agree that something is wrong, write your opinions on the matter, why do you think is implemented correctly, or not, and what would you like to change, and what should remain the same

Once you will get that RNG quest - you will get it why it's RNG based. That's all i can say.

You just spend 30 min doing two spy missions each day. You get a lot of EXP for your weapons, a chance to get Covert Lethality which sells for a lot of plat, and a nice break from the boring void missions.

Then you do two 20wave T4D/T3D to get some forma BPs. You again get a ton of EXP, ducats, and possibly Ash P BP.

Really not much grind involved. Basically you just have to play the game a little.   

Yup, that's the point.

Once you will get that RNG quest - you will get it why it's RNG based. That's all i can say.

No. Doesn't matter if it's the best quest in the game (and it's not all that amazing really), it has no job being RNG to even start.

and the quest has already been spoiled for me, why because I have bad RNG

It's not optional if it is made to compensate for a poorly designed movement system.

Excuse me? It's miles ahead from what we had before. And that 20% bonus you get from the mods is completely unnecessary. If you really NEED that slight bonus *that* much, replace one of your already used mods. The Exilus is an optional feature, whatever you might want to believe.

Besides, a simple farming session can now be turned into something fun rather than a mindless button-mashing camping sequence. Then again, that IS what some people prefer, right? 

Edited by Gale47

Besides, a simple farming session can now be turned into something fun rather than a mindless button-mashing camping sequence. 

You will need to explain me this one ... How does PK 2 change anything to camp farming ?

Instead of coptering, we now have the same button-mashing  than before (just different buttons), bullet-jump double-jump, bullet-jump double-jump dodge-roll, repeat and repeat again, so much funnier indeed ...

The only difference is that's it's slower (it doesn't look particularly better imo, but that's subjective). To compensate for it being slower, we have a brand "new" slot that we have to pay for ... Or we can give an arm and a leg to get the free version, not mentionning the super fun simaris standing farm (Who doent like scanning the same target 5/6 times to get to the daily cap ?) And the best, you have to pay/farm that for every warframe for which you want to unlock the slot ...

If some prefer this, I can't dissuade them, but I don't.

You just spend 30 min doing two spy missions each day. You get a lot of EXP for your weapons, a chance to get Covert Lethality which sells for a lot of plat, and a nice break from the boring void missions.

Then you do two 20wave T4D/T3D to get some forma BPs. You again get a ton of EXP, ducats, and possibly Ash P BP.

Really not much grind involved. Basically you just have to play the game a little.   

Well first they have nerfed the XP in the void so add another run of that. Add in the fact that they add the worst targets to scan. A infested runner. Really. Factor in that you have a minimum of 3 days to acquire the 50K(figure it out before you ask.....Rank)  Spy is a great idea but not everyone is good or cares for spy missions. To me it will be easier to farm the new mods sell them for 20 plat and buy it if I can ever figure out why I need to slide farther or not use the new AI mod on my dog or sentinel. If they(DE) ever decide to make true utility mods useful maybe I can see the grind but as of now the grind will be the new tileset and the BS associated with the trade chat channel

You will need to explain me this one ... How does PK 2 change anything to camp farming ?

Instead of coptering, we now have the same button-mashing  than before (just different buttons), bullet-jump double-jump, bullet-jump double-jump dodge-roll, repeat and repeat again, so much funnier indeed ...

The only difference is that's it's slower (it doesn't look particularly better imo, but that's subjective). To compensate for it being slower, we have a brand "new" slot that we have to pay for ... Or we can give an arm and a leg to get the free version, not mentionning the super fun simaris standing farm (Who doent like scanning the same target 5/6 times to get to the daily cap ?) And the best, you have to pay/farm that for every warframe for which you want to unlock the slot ...

If some prefer this, I can't dissuade them, but I don't.

I have more control over my jumps and acrobatics with this system, copter just threw you in the general direction you aimed, and that's it, whilst it was bugged fast, at least now when you do multiple jumps, you can actually parkour a bit (when it works, or if you're decent with it). Not to say I don't miss the copter, because I do to some extent, but I really don't see a reason not to code it back in in a fixed state, where it just gives you speed, independent of the melee weapon you're using. 

The insane speed of the bugged movement, was fun, if they can reproduce it in the future with this new system, more power to them. I do believe parkour 2.0 is going to get adjusted through time, but so far, it's already pretty fast and you feel more in-control of your movement, so I like it very much.  

Edited by F-Minus