Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exilus Slot Thread(Spoiler Alert)

GekkoBlitzscream

This is like the 4th thread on this...

IT'S NOT THAT IT'S HARD TO GET, IT'S THAT IT'S TOO HARD TO GET.

If you choose the option of not spending plat on it, it is too expensive, end of story. It's insulting. DE is saying that all this work you did is worth about this much.

And no, it's not "endgame". It's like saying maxing mods is endgame. Surely you can't be serious. Unlocking the capabilities of your gear is endgame? It would make sense in a game with one character but when I have every character in the game maxed or at least built to a point I'm happy with it, I sure as hell don't find it entertaining when they make it slower and then sell me my speed back.

Come on, have some balls and stand up for yourself. You're feeding DE money and you have a say and you know it could have easily not costed this much while still keeping some effort behind it.

If you have a problem with people complaining and seeing the numerous amount of threads popping up over this issue that is your own opinion. Just how everyone else is entitled to voice their opinion, so are you. People voice their opinion on here so they can be heard and recognized by DE and I for one agree that it takes too long and too much to build one of these exilus slots and I am not looking forward to it. 

This is like the 4th thread on this...

IT'S NOT THAT IT'S HARD TO GET, IT'S THAT IT'S TOO HARD TO GET.

If you choose the option of not spending plat on it, it is too expensive, end of story. It's insulting. DE is saying that all this work you did is worth about this much.

And no, it's not "endgame". It's like saying maxing mods is endgame. Surely you can't be serious. Unlocking the capabilities of your gear is endgame? It would make sense in a game with one character but when I have every character in the game maxed or at least built to a point I'm happy with it, I sure as hell don't find it entertaining when they make it slower and then sell me my speed back.

Come on, have some balls and stand up for yourself. You're feeding DE money and you have a say and you know it could have easily not costed this much while still keeping some effort behind it.

Well said.

You have to spend three days running around with your space camera taking pictures to buy a bandaid fix for a broken system, for ONE FRAME.

Yes, I think it's too much

Make BP reusable.

Hey, more lore from Syn is never a bad thing.

You have to spend three days running around with your space camera taking pictures to buy a bandaid fix for a broken system, for ONE FRAME.

Yes, I think it's too much

Make BP reusable.

Look, I hate the space camera thing too. I don't think it's fun. But I don't think the BP should be reusable. Either change the rep requirements or change the Simaris synthesis mechanic to actually be fun.  

Not directed at you but anyone complaining about Parkour 2.0 should take some time to learn it rather than moaning about it so soon after it's implementation. You just look silly.

Edited by EetNotErn

-snip-

If only Helios could use synthesis scanners....

Swapping from weapons to scanner and back is just infuriating.

And yeah, I actually like parkour 2.0. It needs LOTS of tweaking, but it's better than the old thing.

Either way, not a thread for this.

I for one wouldn't feel like the cost was such kick in the teeth if they hadn't robbed us all of speed at the same time as they added it. You apologists keep calling it optional, but it's only an option if your satisfied with the horrible new movement system. If you are at all concerned with recovering a portion of the speed they just yanked out of the game, you need that slot, and then you need to forma each warframe three times to get the points to use that slot.

If it were just a shiny end game feature for vets, that would be different. Unfortunately, the aborted fetus that is parkour 2.0 means we NEED a slot for those stupid elemental parkour mods.

I for one wouldn't feel like the cost was such kick in the teeth if they hadn't robbed us all of speed at the same time as they added it. You apologists keep calling it optional, but it's only an option if your satisfied with the horrible new movement system. If you are at all concerned with recovering a portion of the speed they just yanked out of the game, you need that slot, and then you need to forma each warframe three times to get the points to use that slot.

If it were just a shiny end game feature for vets, that would be different. Unfortunately, the aborted fetus that is parkour 2.0 means we NEED a slot for those stupid elemental parkour mods.

Bro, you went TOO far on this one. Really. Comparimng new movement system to the aborted fetus? Really? Go find some treatment for your mind, mate.

Edited by GekkoBlitzscream

Maybe if you spent less time moaning about Parkour 2.0 (I've seen you post all over the freaking forum whining about it) and more time practicing PK2 then maybe you wouldn't feel the need to rage all over it. And yes, I still don't have a utility slot and I'm playing the game just FINE and keeping up with everyone else in the game just FINE and the missions still are being completed at a fast rate. The game isn't broken and the sky isn't falling. 

Edited by EetNotErn

Maybe if you spent less time moaning about Parkour 2.0 (I've seen you post all over the freaking forum whining about it) and more time practicing PK2 then maybe you wouldn't feel the need to rage all over it. And yes, I still don't have a utility slot and I'm playing the game just FINE and keeping up with everyone else in the game just FINE and the missions still are being completed at a fast rate. The game isn't broken and the sky isn't falling. 

And I've seen your white knight posts all over the forum crowing about how great it is. I can use it just fine. It still feels awful, and it's still slow. You're free to have your opinion and share it all you want, I'll continue doing the same.

I wouldn't mind just utility mods if utility mods included stuff like natural talent, equilibrium and maybe augments too.

Then I would feel it could be worth while.

that raises a good point there sir, why isn't Natural Talent considered a utility mod? If you think about it being able to reduce cast time speed is in a form a utility, just like being able to increase sprint speed, I hope this gets implemented in the future as NT sounds way more like an utility mod than it does a regular mod

And I've seen your white knight posts all over the forum crowing about how great it is. I can use it just fine. It still feels awful, and it's still slow. You're free to have your opinion and share it all you want, I'll continue doing the same.

White knights, apologists and aborted fetuses. I don't think you're really fine in others' opinions when you use such comparisons.

One of my opinions happens to be that your opinion is wrong. You don't really get to gripe about that when you just got done calling me a whiner.

I'm just giving back what you gave. Anyway, in all of the arguments I've seen, neither you or anyone has been able to prove or explain how the little bit of speed loss from coptering has hurt the game at all. In fact, the increased vertical mobility of PK2 has made it a lot easier to move around on a good chunk of maps. Hell, PK2 has made the obstacle courses so trivially easy. 

With so much that we've gained, you're way too focused on moaning about coptering. It was never intended so get over it.

I'm just giving back what you gave. Anyway, in all of the arguments I've seen, neither you or anyone has been able to prove or explain how the little bit of speed loss from coptering has hurt the game at all. In fact, the increased vertical mobility of PK2 has made it a lot easier to move around on a good chunk of maps. Hell, PK2 has made the obstacle courses so trivially easy. 

With so much that we've gained, you're way too focused on moaning about coptering. It was never intended so get over it.

It has slowed the pace of the entire game, and that vertical mobility is only useful if there's some need to go there. So far the only thing I see as an advantage is getting to some of the vertical void vaults. For the most part, you can fly vertically all over the place for no reason whatsoever. I understand that the loss of pace doesn't bother you. It does bother me. It bothers me a lot. It feels slow, and floaty, and weird. I said in another thread that I feel less like a ninja and more like a balloon. Coptering may not have been intended, but it felt good to me and plenty of others, and weird low gravity slow mo flying bullet jumping doesn't. Then when I say that it doesn't feel good, someone says "then don't use it" which ignores that it's weird floaty strangeness is the only way we have left to try and keep the pace of the game up, which is important to some of us. I'm not moaning about coptering, I'm fine with coptering never coming back, but would it hurt that much to take out the weird slow mo crap and speed parkour 2.0 up some? Add some more feeling of weight and inertia to it until it feels good to use? And how about not locking the only way of modding to speed it up behind this grotesque exilus wall that means I need to forma all my warframes three times after I even bother to unlock it?

It does seem steep at first, but I think it is totally okay like it is. Exilus slots are supposed to be a type of high end min-max elite gear. You put it on your best frame(s)...not all of them. 

(Unless of course you are very dedicated in the long term.) 

Personally I don't plan on getting it on anyone but my one favorite for now...not to mention you need to take into account that most Warframes will need 1 extra Forma minimum just to properly use this slot. This is definitely not a feature for your "disposable" Warframes....you are really only meant to get it for your "loved ones". 

90+% of the content of the game is already so easily gotten by every single scrub in the game, and I even think that the Exilus Quest is available WAY too early...but at least the steep resource and point requirements (Since Simaris Points are harder to earn) will make people think twice before spamming it on every frame. 

Unless of course they got tons of Plat.

Edited by IcyNinjaBear

I'm on console so no access yet but 20p is nothing sell 1 maxed heavy caliber outfit all my warframe's. As for the extra points needed I got six weeks to kill before u17 comes to console, ill have all my frames Rdy. I mostly planning to run rush on everything to compensate for the loss of copter speed.

It has slowed the pace of the entire game, and that vertical mobility is only useful if there's some need to go there. So far the only thing I see as an advantage is getting to some of the vertical void vaults. For the most part, you can fly vertically all over the place for no reason whatsoever. I understand that the loss of pace doesn't bother you. It does bother me. It bothers me a lot. It feels slow, and floaty, and weird. I said in another thread that I feel less like a ninja and more like a balloon. Coptering may not have been intended, but it felt good to me and plenty of others, and weird low gravity slow mo flying bullet jumping doesn't. Then when I say that it doesn't feel good, someone says "then don't use it" which ignores that it's weird floaty strangeness is the only way we have left to try and keep the pace of the game up, which is important to some of us. I'm not moaning about coptering, I'm fine with coptering never coming back, but would it hurt that much to take out the weird slow mo crap and speed parkour 2.0 up some? Add some more feeling of weight and inertia to it until it feels good to use? And how about not locking the only way of modding to speed it up behind this grotesque exilus wall that means I need to forma all my warframes three times after I even bother to unlock it?

I saw the other post as well, RedDirtTrooper, and I disagree with you fairly strongly.  I, for one, am fine as it is.  Why?  For me it feels more cinematic, that float that you report is a matter of how you're using it.  The exilus slot seems fairly priced to me as - for a reward from the quest - you get one, and then can produce them.  After a certain point, Forma do not matter, Orokin cells do not matter, Argon crystals either.  For someone that should be producing such things, the resources are trite.  

That said, the biggest issue here is how you're trying to communicate your point.  Honestly, for what it's worth, the other side of the argument is willing to be convinced, if you try to convince us.  Convincing us requires bullet-proof fact and logic.  We've the weight of inertia on our side - it is the way it is, and it will be fine tuned.  It's a tough fight, and a struggle to be both persuasive and rational, but it's doable.

I will give you that by the end of that rant, you start positing ideas vs foaming at the mouth, but fall apart quickly. As you said, what's good by yours may not be by mine and so on.  

Shaking your fist impotently about either of these things by comparing it to feeling like a balloon, and ranting how horrible it is doesn't help.  Speaking of the relative speed hits a point, but in the same regards 4 days is not enough time to master anything that's nuanced like this is.  In that, arguing toward emotion doesn't work, and poisons not only yourself but those around you.  

To be honest, even the side that's 'white knighting' as you so crassly call it, has been lack luster in spewing insults.  Voicing an opinion is well and good, but ripping each other down like that?  Though, I suppose I've already gone too far, this is not the place for that conversation.

Which brings me to the thread topic:  I tend to agree with IcyNinjaBear, it's good that it's a limited use/limited access upgrade. Could it be reasonably made a bit easier to access? A little bit, I think the 50k rep is a bit steep, but in the same regards it's not unfair.  It is an upgrade, a big one at that and will require a Forma or two to make it function to its utmost, which inherently makes it late tier activity.  A new player (unless they stopped at that point for one reason or another), will not have the resources to deal with the requirement there.  It's not an issue that they should wait - more advanced players that want this, now have a goal.