Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet Another Rhino Rant?

WARLOCKE

So here is my question. Rhino's Iron Skin received a change in version 8. The new interation is horrible and useless ( read the threads in warframe feedback to know more). Now what im suprised is the lack of rant threads on this subject. Did Rhino players just give up? Or is it the case that everyone is to busy with the new bling to notice/care? 

So I'm guessing it doesn't scale off armor?

It does not. But that is not the main problem Rhino users have with this change. Its the fact that it does not scale. The last fix was fine except for immunities bugs.

Not worthy of getting my blood pressure up. I will wait, I am playing it and learning to be more productive with less. Doing more with less.

Kantazo. How does Rhino feel? He's going to finish in the foundry for me in less than two days. In what situations do you find Rhino at a disadvantage? Please more detail.

I keep seeing posts complaining about how Rhino is bad now (not directed at you Kantazo), but can we elaborate on it a bit more constructively by giving more of the facts and observations? More importantly our experiences so that DE will take this feedback more seriously and probably make better use of it?

In what situations have you all encountered as experienced Rhino players have you found a certain ability to not be helpful. How low does your health go, what were your starting health and shields and how quickly were they drained? What level enemies were you facing? What types of enemies? How many? Were you cornered? Was it a close quartered fight?

Edited by sushidubya

With the other skills buffed up now, I will have to do more testing, before Rhino was like this unstoppable destruction machine that could faceroll even the toughest boss, now you have to play it more smart and use more the other skills that supposedly have been buffed after this patch, yesterday I was able only to play for a little bit and noticed in the missions I was doing that my skills were behaving like normal but my Hek was doing less damage in comparison before patch 8, not sure have to check it again.

So until I have checked the other skills cannot say happy or not, I got very upset with the prior patch and only brought grief to me, right now I am just testing.

With the other skills buffed up now, I will have to do more testing, before Rhino was like this unstoppable destruction machine that could faceroll even the toughest boss, now you have to play it more smart and use more the other skills that supposedly have been buffed after this patch, yesterday I was able only to play for a little bit and noticed in the missions I was doing that my skills were behaving like normal but my Hek was doing less damage in comparison before patch 8, not sure have to check it again.

So until I have checked the other skills cannot say happy or not, I got very upset with the prior patch and only brought grief to me, right now I am just testing.

Please keep updating with your findings over the weekend. I don't usually follow pure complaint threads, but I want to know for myself as well. Happy gaming man.

So here is my question. Rhino's Iron Skin received a change in version 8. The new interation is horrible and useless ( read the threads in warframe feedback to know more). Now what im suprised is the lack of rant threads on this subject. Did Rhino players just give up? Or is it the case that everyone is to busy with the new bling to notice/care? 

i just gave up.  each uptade is more and sadly really great content meanwhile they ruin yours weapons and characters....i'm happy i just invested time and not money in this game.

Kantazo. How does Rhino feel? He's going to finish in the foundry for me in less than two days. In what situations do you find Rhino at a disadvantage? Please more detail.

I keep seeing posts complaining about how Rhino is bad now (not directed at you Kantazo), but can we elaborate on it a bit more constructively by giving more of the facts and observations? More importantly our experiences so that DE will take this feedback more seriously and probably make better use of it?

In what situations have you all encountered as experienced Rhino players have you found a certain ability to not be helpful. How low does your health go, what were your starting health and shields and how quickly were they drained? What level enemies were you facing? What types of enemies? How many? Were you cornered? Was it a close quartered fight?

Rhino is "bad" because he cant perform his primary role. Sure, they new change rocks on Toljoi in Mercury. But on Wave 10+ of Xini or greater, dont even bother using it. The ability must scale. The only way to scale it is turning back into percentile. Untill that happens Rhino users will no longer be Rhino users.

It does not. But that is not the main problem Rhino users have with this change. Its the fact that it does not scale. The last fix was fine except for immunities bugs.

Ya last fix was really good for him in general. They could have buffed his other skills. But because of all of the uninformed masses demanding more change it was changed again :P

The rhino will be useless for a long time, the changes made it even worse.

This saddens me as a once avid rhino user

Rhino was useless when Frost came out and Rhino is the one that got nerfed .

For those who do not know. Rhino's iron skin ability which use to give 15 seconds of invincibility I believe. (Pretty sure that was the duration) was previously nerfed to only do 80% damage reduction for the same duration I believe. But has recently had what I would call a nerf for any locations with enemies above rank 20. The ability is back to invincibility for 15 seconds but has a damage cap of 600. Once you exceed that limit it turns off. So now instead of being able to run out and perform the tank roll (of being a tank..) You have to watch your back cause if you get more than a few enemies shooting at you of above rank 30 then your damage cap will run out in only seconds. 
I feel this 'tank' is in dire need of a little buff. Bring back the original iron skin and maybe double the energy use or change it back to a % reduction for the 15 seconds but get rid of the damage cap.
Just my opinion. Hope some others share the same one.

People still do consider him weak? Wow, talk about add every best part of all the Frames. Ok joke is a joke, but I did not see any bad sides in him, in fact after the patch he seemed a lot better than some Frames I have played. I did not see Rhino as bad as many did but now, he is some of the strongest ones I have and he is still weak in communities opinion? Ok, I'm fine with it then I guess. Can't wait till I have full god mode and I am invincible force to reckon with.

I got rid of my rhino a while ago.. Still waiting for 1 more alert to get the chassie for the new frame that just came out... I looked at update 8 and saw what they did to the rhino's singature ability (Iron Skin), lol... They added taunt to it because we all asked for it but we asked for it when we had invunability but they give it to us after they change Iron Skin to damage absorption, lol... It doesn't even scale... doing any high lvl content will melt this damage absorption in a sec.. Who in there right mind want a taunt on this ability lol.. Its instant death with it lol.... I can't stop laughn.. Some of you devs clearly don't play the rhino.. If you did you would have never added the taunt to this version of iron skin...lol

I got rid of my rhino a while ago.. Still waiting for 1 more alert to get the chassie for the new frame that just came out... I looked at update 8 and saw what they did to the rhino's singature ability (Iron Skin), lol... They added taunt to it because we all asked for it but we asked for it when we had invunability but they give it to us after they change Iron Skin to damage absorption, lol... It doesn't even scale... doing any high lvl content will melt this damage absorption in a sec.. Who in there right mind want a taunt on this ability lol.. Its instant death with it lol.... I can't stop laughn.. Some of you devs clearly don't play the rhino.. If you did you would have never added the taunt to this version of iron skin...lol

These kind of posts infuriate me. "do you even play rhino lololololololol"

Do YOU even play rhino? Or you just read the patch notes and assume things?

Well my review, I played Rhino yesterday and see some improvement, but noticed I am taking more damage than in the past. I still can dish some damage, but I have to use more energy because the same ramming I used to do in 1 pass now I need to do it 2 times to achieve the same result, I noticed new locations (NIce DE) for lower missions. Also noticed my Hek shotgun is not doing as much damage as before, so did the mob got a boost?