Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hold Up People...

P0TAT0CANN0N

I got a bone to pick with some people's behavior on this forum. Namely the people that simply dismiss others comments as meaningless. 

Their comments are not meaningless and passing off the person in question as "salty", "crazy", or "greedy" is something that should not be done under any circumstance.

This a plea to all you people to at least be constructive if you disagree with someone. Don't go being intolerant jerks and instead please add to the argument or provide ideas on how to improve what may or may not be wrong with the game!

Seriously, I think most of the issues at hand would solve themselves if we all just worked together instead of hiding behind walls of hate. Let us not lock ourselves into one viewpoint and stay there just because we do not like what the other side is saying. Sometimes the truth hurts and we gotta face it and solve the problems at hand.

1. This is a meta-complaint which is a no no

2. This is a public forum with moderation. People can say as they wish as long as what is said isn't attacking someone in a particularly offensive way.

For example, I can make fun of someones blatant ignorance by saying "salty", crazy or greedy but I can't call them the "n-word", "derogatory-homosexual-term", or anything that is really offensive of the sort

Edited by ToxicTroublermaker

Probably shouldn't have made this. It would have been best to PM those players who are rude and try to reason with them or if they were being abusive or violating the rules then you can let an Admin/Mod know so they can handle it. I don't imagine this thread will last very long, but still +1

Edited by (XB1)TsK x BraVo

1. This is a meta-complaint which is a no no

2. This is a public forum with moderation. People can say as they wish as long as what is said isn't attacking someone in a particularly offensive way.

For example, I can make fun of someones blatant ignorance by saying "salty", crazy or greedy but I can't call them the "n-word", "derogatory-homosexual-term", or anything that is really offensive of the sort

I know of someone that called another a "fanboy" and got muted.

Your statement isn't entirely true my friend.

EDIT: clarity.

Edited by P0TAT0CANN0N

Probably shouldn't have made this. It would have been best to PM those players who are rude and try to reason with them or if they were being abusive or violating the rules then you can let an Admin/Mod know so they can handle it. I don't imagine this thread will last very long, but still +1

It isn't just those players I want to read this.

Y'know, when calling for a little decency and tolerance, in a respectful tone, is considered wrong.....while children -or childish "adults"- who spew arrogance and spite are actively protected, even by those with good will in their hearts...somebody somewhere has their priorities wrong.

Most people on the internet can't really speak about what is or isn't good for the game in an objective manner.  There will always be some bias no matter who you are, but sometimes, the ignorance is palpable, and reasonable people call them out on it, except ignorance has a hard time recognizing that it's being ignorant.  The ol' Dunning Krueger effect.  

Them's the ropes.  Welcome to the internet.  In the end, the only people that win are the one's that get their way.

Actually, if you look closer into the issue, you might notice some people who acting like they're ready to be ignored. Someone's lack of attention and absence of positive attitude and sensible thoughts are suddenly become reasons for somebody to publicly show their ignorance against the pointless rants. Because, you know, if you came to criticize something being really negative and not giving any thoughts - you're salty, so yeah. It just makes certain people to see other people creating problems for themselves literally from nothing.

I'm talking overall. I don't know what issue forced you to post this, so don't take it as a disagreement.

Edited by Enchillado

Actually, if you look closer into the issue, you might notice some people who acting like they're ready to be ignored. Someone's lack of attention and absence of positive attitude and sensible thoughts are suddenly become reasons for somebody to publicly show their ignorance against the pointless rants. Because, you know, if you came to criticize something being really negative and not giving any thoughts - you're salty, so yeah. It just makes certain people to see other people creating problems for themselves literally from nothing.

I'm talking overall. I don't know what issue forced you to post this, so don't take it as a disagreement.

I dont know about most people but most of the recent topics I have been on have had people that are indeed a little upset, however they have suggested ways of fixing the game too.

Wouldn't you be upset if a beloved aspect of this game that you liked was removed and replaced with something that was inferior in your eyes?

Cut them some slack. They are just as concerned about this game as everyone else here. They aren't complaining to make the game worse or complain for the sake of complaining. They just want this game to be the best it can be.

Complaining about users on the forum is not a constructive form of discussion.

It targets players and their actions, which is not condoned. Rather, should you see a player who is being abusatory, targeting others with insults, name-calling, and being overall non-constructive and baiting, please report them to the Report Center so us mods can take care of it, as these actions violate our Code of Conduct.

Thank you.