Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make R3 Camera Change By Default

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

We don't need a 3rd button to activate our powers, especially one that is too easy to click by mistake.  Being able to change camera angles quickly is a nice feature, especially in things like spy missions, and it is an option a lot of PS4 players I have talked to don't even know exists.

Before someone mentions it, I do already have mine configured to use R3 as the camera switch.

Then there is no reason to change the default layouts. /thread.

Your post is pointless. It offers nothing to the discussion, and I just explained reasoning for the defaul layout.

The "/thread" thing is pointlessly rude, and you can't "/thread" your own posts anyway.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

the controllers are fully customisable anyway.... aren't they?

Op just wants to make this default button because most players don't know about it. I myself didn't know about it until I played on pc and accidentally pressed on H.

This is a nice idea. Another thing De should do is change the default "melee" button to R1. Never understood why they made it to be O.

Your post is pointless. It offers nothing to the discussion, and I just explained reasoning for the defaul layout.

The "/thread" thing is pointlessly rude, and you can't "/thread" your own posts anyway.

Your post is more pointless. Here is your post in a nutshell: "I had to change a control that didn't suit me, so it should be what I want it to be by default"

Hence why I deny your supposed change, and why this thread needs to cease to exist.

Your post is more pointless. Here is your post in a nutshell: "I had to change a control that didn't suit me, so it should be what I want it to be by default"

Hence why I deny your supposed change, and why this thread needs to cease to exist.

Thanks for sharing and for doing me the service of bumping my thread.  However, you are quite simply, "wrong".

As I said before activating a power with R3 is actually detrimental.

1.We already have have 3 ways of activating a power in addition to clicking R3 on the default layout.  There really isn't a reason to have that kind of redundancy. 

2. While aiming in a hurry, it becomes increasingly easy to click in the right stick, mistakenly, while adjusting the camera. And depending on the power you have selected, that can hurt you in a lot of ways (e.g. It can mess up your movement at a critical time, it can cause you to waste precious energy).

3. The changing of the camera angle is actually a useful feature in the game, especially now that stealth elements are being added to the game.  However, it is a feature that not many people know about, and it doesn't seem to be represented on the default layout at all.  Meaning we have one function repeated on 3 different controls (more if you consider each swipe direction it's own thing), while another function is not represented at all.

4. Accidentally, clicking R3 to switch the camera angle, isn't going to be a huge problem.

So there you go, 4 actual reasons why I believe this should be changed.  Now, do you have an actual counter-point besides, "nuh-uh!"?  If not then I thank you for your time, but ask that you move on from this thread. Thank-you.

Thanks for sharing and for doing me the service of bumping my thread.  However, you are quite simply, "wrong".

As I said before activating a power with R3 is actually detrimental.

1.We already have have 3 ways of activating a power in addition to clicking R3 on the default layout.  There really isn't a reason to have that kind of redundancy. 

2. While aiming in a hurry, it becomes increasingly easy to click in the right stick, mistakenly, while adjusting the camera. And depending on the power you have selected, that can hurt you in a lot of ways (e.g. It can mess up your movement at a critical time, it can cause you to waste precious energy).

3. The changing of the camera angle is actually a useful feature in the game, especially now that stealth elements are being added to the game.  However, it is a feature that not many people know about, and it doesn't seem to be represented on the default layout at all.  Meaning we have one function repeated on 3 different controls (more if you consider each swipe direction it's own thing), while another function is not represented at all.

4. Accidentally, clicking R3 to switch the camera angle, isn't going to be a huge problem.

So there you go, 4 actual reasons why I believe this should be changed.  Now, do you have an actual counter-point besides, "nuh-uh!"?  If not then I thank you for your time, but ask that you move on from this thread. Thank-you.

Activating a power with R3 is actually useful for directed targetting powers in warframe. It's much faster than swiping the touchpad, and doesn't require you to take your thumb off the stick in combat.

Just because you don't know how to use a controller properly does not justify an unnecessary change of defaults.

You have the option to change if it doesn't suit you, because you don't know how to use a controller. And you have stated that you have already changed the controls to suit your clumsiness. Problem solved, therefore end thread.

Activating a power with R3 is actually useful for directed targetting powers in warframe. It's much faster than swiping the touchpad, and doesn't require you to take your thumb off the stick in combat.

Just FYI, you can also activate a power by tapping R1 under the default controls.  It has the same advantage as R3 without the detriments and there is not point for both buttons to have the same function.

Just FYI, you can also activate a power by tapping R1 under the default controls.  It has the same advantage as R3 without the detriments and there is not point for both buttons to have the same function.

Some of us use the original launch control scheme. And were forced to remap the controller back when that horrible power menu button got added. Powers were originally on the touchpad, and R1 was melee.

• 2 weeks later...

forcing Keybindings on Players is always the least good option for us Players.

and i guess it is usually only made so often by Games Companies to make their Games appearing somewhat different to similar Games to our Subconsciousness Mind by focing it to build new Muscle-Memories for performing essentially the same Actions. 

i am glad the Controller Button-Layout here is as customisable as it is. damn, i even have Power1 on R3, Power2 on Triangle, Power3 on D-Pad Right and Power4 on L3 - because i want to!  :) 

forcing Keybindings on Players is always the least good option for us Players.

and i guess it is usually only made so often by Games Companies to make their Games appearing somewhat different to similar Games to our Subconsciousness Mind by focing it to build new Muscle-Memories for performing essentially the same Actions. 

i am glad the Controller Button-Layout here is as customisable as it is. damn, i even have Power1 on R3, Power2 on Triangle, Power3 on D-Pad Right and Power4 on L3 - because i want to!  :) 

I am not asking them to lock the controls, and to switch the default selection on the new layout.

I am not asking them to lock the controls, and to switch the default selection on the new layout.

yeah, i see - i misunderstood the title, partially even because i was one of the by you mentioned players not knowing about that this Action existed - lol, is it there for real? you mean it? could become pretty handy to me as i like my Cam-Sensitivity low - and therefore having trouble with performing those Wall-to-Wall Wallclimb-Jumps.

thanks for drawing my attention to it.  

i'd like to have my Reload on a different Button than included to Context Action as well - unfortunately my Touchpad Press Button is already used by the for me very important Quick-Button for spawning a Large Team Energy Restore.

Health and Ammo can be gladly a Touchpad Swipe Action, but with the Energy Resto i want to ensure that i perform the right Action in the heat of heavy combat. 

• 2 weeks later...

I do think the "switch camera" angle option needs to be tied to some button by default. It doesn't necessarily have to be the R3 button (which is what I also tied it to), but the fact that it isn't defaulted anywhere does mean that a lot of people don't know it exists.

I was feeling very annoyed that I couldn't switch the camera over my shoulder when I first started, and it wasn't until a few weeks after I started when I finally understood the controls enough to move things around that I discovered it was there. I was surprised, because the default control scheme actually has a couple unmapped buttons (a couple on D-pad, I believe).

To someone's earlier comment about the "horrible power menu" being added - I actually highly prefer it. It feels a lot more natural to me than using the touch-pad, because it's similar to other games I have played that utilize an alternative menu by pressing a shoulder button (specifically thinking Kingdom Hearts here). I have since re-allocated the touch pad to certain gear items (specifically, my restores).

I do think the "switch camera" angle option needs to be tied to some button by default. It doesn't necessarily have to be the R3 button (which is what I also tied it to), but the fact that it isn't defaulted anywhere does mean that a lot of people don't know it exists.

I was feeling very annoyed that I couldn't switch the camera over my shoulder when I first started, and it wasn't until a few weeks after I started when I finally understood the controls enough to move things around that I discovered it was there. I was surprised, because the default control scheme actually has a couple unmapped buttons (a couple on D-pad, I believe).

To someone's earlier comment about the "horrible power menu" being added - I actually highly prefer it. It feels a lot more natural to me than using the touch-pad, because it's similar to other games I have played that utilize an alternative menu by pressing a shoulder button (specifically thinking Kingdom Hearts here). I have since re-allocated the touch pad to certain gear items (specifically, my restores).

Same here. It took me awhile to realize it existed. I also like the power menu.  I think it was Dragon's Dogma that had something similar that I liked.

I was using the touch pad for those annoying kinetic traps and scanners.