Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fixing Equinox Without Ruining Sleep

Gahrzerkire

Literally do what is built into the game. Allow the player who has been put to sleep to hit X to wake up. and remove the HORRIBLE SLOW &#! WAKE UP ANIMATION.

Literally thats it, and its completely balanced. Player instantly resumes control the moment they hit X. No waking up animation.

Ive been playing Equinox all day today in PvP, and i have used the miter, sybaris, braton prime, burston prime, grinlok, vectis, latron, latron prime, and several other weapons to test time to kill. I have also tested the various aspects of the ability with other willing players. And can say that all that needs to be done is allow the player to revive themself using X. WHILE REMOVING THE HORRIBLY SLOW WAKE UP ANIMATION.

I have made everyone i have played with excluding one player rage quit. And though i love using equinox and her (her in night form) second she needs to be balanced properly.

TL:DR

I can say from how long it takes me to kill players who i have put to sleep, that allowing the affect top player to hit X to wake up, and removal of the slow wake up animation, would be more then enough to completely balance the night aspects second power; Rest (Sleep). 

to be fair jon.  this is no more cheap than every other power there is. frost avalanche. oberon ultimate. valk spamming. ect ect ect. the old honor code is dead. just have to be polite when you grind people into the ground these days. when you coming back to conclave?

to be fair jon.  this is no more cheap than every other power there is. frost avalanche. oberon ultimate. valk spamming. ect ect ect. the old honor code is dead. just have to be polite when you grind people into the ground these days. when you coming back to conclave?

I suppose so. Perhaps i just don't indulge in such tactics; not take the high road - I'm under no illusions about the current state of play, and the tactics required to remain the victor.

Sadly it is dead. Still visit the Conclaves every log in, tend to stay in Oceania or Asia due to connectivity handicap elsewhere and almost never join matches through my friends list anymore.

Been meaning to msg you in game to see what you think of our new mobility system.

Apologies, Olivionic_Gearhart - of course you have dropped by the Forums to give your opinion on required changes after your own experiences.

Edited by JonBenj

So, I read this and came to this conclusion; that you have exploited a known cheap and skilless tactic to get your kills, under the guise of "testing"?

Disappointing.

I wasn't under any guise or crap like that. I was going around and using an ability that needs a balance pass and slaughtering people cuase. I. Love. It. Still needs to be balanced though.

EDIT: Removed some salt.

Edited by Olivionic_Gearhart

I wasn't under any guise or crap like that. I was going around and using an ability that needs a balance pass and slaughtering people cuase. I. Love. It. Still needs to be balanced though.

EDIT: Removed some salt.

I see - well, I have nothing further to add.

.... Yet another ability that serve kills with minimum effort. And people were suggesting PvP could be competitive with all these easy button BS. Huh.

Just being the devil's advocate and all, but if the wake up animation was nonexistent, then the cast was basically useless, considering its casting animation, by the time you finish casting it the target would've already be in full control. Assuming the player presses the button immediately, the wake up animation should just be long enough to finish an enemy off at a health that's comparable to other 25 energy abilities, which is like 60 damage, i think, but not enough to kill a full health enemy. Just pulling a number out of my arse, the animation should be less than a second long.

Ive been playing Equinox all day today in PvP, and i have used the miter, sybaris, braton prime, burston prime, grinlok, vectis, latron, latron prime, and several other weapons to test time to kill. I have also tested the various aspects of the ability with other willing players. A

Next time go to a kindergarten playground and hit some 3-year-old kids. Big man. 

Literally do what is built into the game. Allow the player who has been put to sleep to hit X to wake up.

That's open invitation to use macro for instant sleep dispel. I would rather make it some way that easy snipes would not be possible and instead give some utility to the spell.

My suggestion: Make sleeping target invulnerable to damage. Now you would use it for tactical plays such as sleep in to flag steal or sleep to run away...

Mabye we could just remove pvp all together. Seems 95% of people won't be satisfied until its nerfed out of existence.

Next time go to a kindergarten playground and hit some 3-year-old kids. Big man.

wow. For your information I also played as Excalibur and slaughtered several equinox players.just because your incapable of countering them and sour as hell doesn't mean you can be a jerk.

That's open invitation to use macro for instant sleep dispel. I would rather make it some way that easy snipes would not be possible and instead give some utility to the spell.

My suggestion: Make sleeping target invulnerable to damage. Now you would use it for tactical plays such as sleep in to flag steal or sleep to run away...

interesting idea, how about you make the deactivation key something essential to game play? Like whatever you have melee bound too? Or mabye whatever you have crouch bound to?

EDIT: added some salt.

Edited by Olivionic_Gearhart