Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unobtainable Mastery

Denninja

Please remove Mastery gained from weapons and frames that are not obtainable and won't be in the future.

Braton Vandal, Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime, Lato Prime, Lato Vandal, Snipetron, etc.

why? Is there a reason for it? there will be enough to eventually hit max level, and think of the extra mastery as a bonus for having those items.

Please remove Mastery gained from weapons and frames that are not obtainable and won't be in the future.

Braton Vandal, Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime, Lato Prime, Lato Vandal, Snipetron, etc.

Mastery is purely cosmetic beyond rank 4. This makes no sense.

Is there a 'max level'?

edit - also, as long as there is always enough weapons to attain the minimum mastery required for any released weapon/frame then there's no problem.

Let's say they release a weapon which requires mastery rank 10 to use. They have to make sure everyone is able to attain rank 10 using only non-exclusive weaponry and warframes. 

Other than that, there shouldn't be a problem. 

Edited by splodead

I think right now its technically 9, or was before U8.

Forget where I read it, but someone did the math that if you leveled EVERY weapon and EVERY warframe and EVERY sentinel you would be somewhere past Mastery Rank 9 but not yet to 10.

And yeh, past 4 is 'whatever' right now. You need 4 to unlock the Hek. Now if they add other guns that require Mastery 5,6,etc then that changes things. But getting past 4 is a pain anyways.

why? Is there a reason for it? there will be enough to eventually hit max level, and think of the extra mastery as a bonus for having those items.

I don't think it's reasonable to assume max mastery rank will be possible anytime soon.

Until then, limited items and "missables" like Snipetron that don't get fully removed are an advantage not offered equally.

Currently some players have a higher rank cap than everyone else.

Snipetron: Locked without warning, in which case players that didn't have it could have acquired it beforehand.

That's not reasonable. It literally became the equivalent of a Vandal, except this time in ninja way.

Many players' mastery caps have been effectively lowered simply due to lack of information,

more unreasonably than players not being in closed beta due to WF not reaching them.

That isn't balanced. Balance and fairness are good reasons to fix this.

We haven't figured out all the new weapons. There might be some that require higher mastery. Asking to delete their mastery is stupid anyways

Then you admit mastery is valued?

"stupid"? "their"? You mean "our"?

Biased replies were expected but this is for the sake of fairness in a game. Fairness is good isn't it?

Either remove it or compensate, the latter being less explainable.

The fact is mastery requirements aren't going to stay capped at rank 4, and our caps aren't the same.

Our caps aren't the same. Thus our requirements to meet the caps aren't the same.

There's nothing further relevant aside from learning future plans for this.

Edited by Denninja

mastery isnt even important

just means you've played the game longer

No, account resets reset your mastery while worsening the inbalance.

One simple way to start correcting this is to give newly unobtainable items to anyone that ever had them upon resets,

the same way as any other limited items. Of course that doesn't affect the source of the issue.

People don't want to look at the wiki later on and see too many gameplay items they can never get.

I don't think it's reasonable to assume max mastery rank will be possible anytime soon.

Until then, limited items and "missables" like Snipetron that don't get fully removed are an advantage not offered equally.

The point of exclusives, is that they're exclusive, and if you miss it, well that sucks, and you gotta live with it (ohh, how much I wish I had a braton vandal, they sound so cool!), however the snipetron is different than the vandals/primes because it just went *poof* and is better than the new sniper in almost every way (due to innate armor ignore)

Snipetron: Locked without warning, in which case players that didn't have it could have acquired it beforehand.

That's not reasonable. It literally became the equivalent of a Vandal, except this time in ninja way.

Many players' mastery caps have been effectively lowered simply due to lack of information,

more unreasonably than players not being in closed beta due to WF not reaching them.

fair enough, maybe it should come back for a little bit, so people have a chance to pick it up.

-snip-

The point of exclusives, is that they're exclusive, and if you miss it, well that sucks, and you gotta live with it (ohh, how much I wish I had a braton vandal, they sound so cool!), however the snipetron is different than the vandals/primes because it just went *poof* and is better than the new sniper in almost every way (due to innate armor ignore)

-snip-

Eeeeek not what I was trying to say there, sorry, I do agree though.

I was specifically referring to the mastery they offer, that's what this is about. It's unrelated to the weapons as items and their effectiveness.

There are more "higher-end" weapons being released yet, thus the value of the exclusives is being simplified to your description.

The only thing I'm on about here is that the basic stat everyone is guaranteed to have and work on to any extent should be identical for everyone.

Eeeeek not what I was trying to say there, sorry, I do agree though.

I was specifically referring to the mastery they offer, that's what this is about. It's unrelated to the weapons as items and their effectiveness.

Again, exclusives might give slight buffs like excal prime (eventually)  and one of those is being able to rank up slightly more/faster than other people.

There are more "higher-end" weapons being released yet, thus the value of the exclusives is being simplified to your description.

The only thing I'm on about here is that the basic stat everyone is guaranteed to have and work on to any extent should be identical for everyone.

eh, I disagree, because you do have to work and level those weapons up just like any other weapon, and it's not really much right now (1 warframe, 2 latos, 1 brandal, and 1 skana (18k mastery, which while it sounds like a lot, isn't that much after a few mastery ranks)

Then you admit mastery is valued?

"stupid"? "their"? You mean "our"?

Biased replies were expected but this is for the sake of fairness in a game. Fairness is good isn't it?

Either remove it or compensate, the latter being less explainable.

The fact is mastery requirements aren't going to stay capped at rank 4, and our caps aren't the same.

Our caps aren't the same. Thus our requirements to meet the caps aren't the same.

There's nothing further relevant aside from learning future plans for this.

No, there's no need for fairness in something that's pure bragging rights. So what if they have more stuff, that's a natural consequence of starting first. Mastery gives you nothing beyond rank 4, there's absolutely no need for this so-called 'equality'.

And note that I don't have any of the exclusives save for the Frost Prime BP.

No, there's no need for fairness in something that's pure bragging rights. So what if they have more stuff, that's a natural consequence of starting first. Mastery gives you nothing beyond rank 4, there's absolutely no need for this so-called 'equality'.

And note that I don't have any of the exclusives save for the Frost Prime BP.

I sold my frost prime BP

Why should the ability to gain mastery be restricted from certain items? All this creates is more complaining from users that want to use these items but can't receive mastery like everyone else can using none exclusive items. A lot of these exclusive items are obtained by spending real money mind you.

Why should the ability to gain mastery be restricted from certain items? All this creates is more complaining from users that want to use these items but can't receive mastery like everyone else can using none exclusive items. A lot of these exclusive items are obtained by spending real money mind you.

They're given that choice.

They get the items, they don't need that mastery.

You're wording it as if they have nowhere else to get it, while in fact they have more access to it than everyone else.

The fact is some care about it, some don't.

I'm seeing a lot of subjective arguments from users that simply fear losing their masteries from the mentioned items.

It would rather be constructive to propose alternatives.