Are Enhancements Good Enough?

Zareek

Greetings!

Enhancement: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Arcane_Enhancement

Why I'm making this post:

I managed to finally get myself a fully upgraded enhancement. I decided on Arcane Rage, as it sounded pretty good on paper and cost me roughly 100p per enhancement in opposite to 200p per  Arcane Avenger.

I added the enhancement on my new Yamako Prime, and the effect is as following: 10% chance when getting a headshot, to gain +20% damage on rifles for 16 seconds. +1 Revive

Now, I already knew about the EXTEMELY low values on enhancements, hence is why I delayed getting one for so long, but 10% sounded appropriate as getting a headshot really isnt that difficult most the time. How do I feel about my decision to get Arcane Rage? I'm rather disappointed to be honest.

I started really focusing on getting headshots which proved harder than I expected. In a fast phased combat game, getting a headshot is not as easy as some might think (of course some players are good at it). I especially like some "travel time projectile" weapons, such as the new Harpak (added 5 forma!!), which makes it even harder. I even tried using my trusty Tiberon, which is a hitscan weapon with a lot of projectiles. Still not very useful.

Despite this, I gave it time, tried playing and getting better at landing headshots, but the amount it triggered was so underwhelming, and it never triggered when I actually needed it. It's EXTREMELY INCONSISTANT.

I looked at the chart for enhancements, and looked at the Arcane Avanger. I still don't know if it procs when hit or damaged (health lost), but it has higher value than Arcane Rage. If it IS indeed "when hit", then 14% is A LOT, considering the amount of bullets you get hit with , meaning this will proc fairly often and give you high crit for a fair amount of time. Arcane Rage requires you to shoot an enemy in a specific location, while they are on the move but only offers a 10% chance. 

My jumped conclussion:

I think Arcane Rage's 10% is too low considering the requirement to get the enhancement, but also the requirement to proc it compared to other enhancements. However, I haven't had the enhancement for long and before making a real conclussion I wanted to hear what everyone else thinks about enhancements in general. I don't want to make a rushed feedback.

Discussion (Tl;dr)

- Are the values way too low in general?

- Am I wishing for too much with my Arcane Rage?

Zareek

Edited by Zareek

to proc headshot when u are surrounding, use a explosive weapon like the tonkor, angstrum...

Arcane Rage isn't the best arcan, (in my opinion), i prefer use a awekening ...

Arcane Avanger and other on hit trigger :  when enemy attack ur shield & ur health .

Ahhh. I thought this thread was asking if enhancements were good enough in the larger scale of things (which they aren't when compared to Arcanes, with the exception of possibly Deflection in a fringe situation or Awakening for those that use secondaries like primaries). The existence of the Enhancements are laughable in their current state, asking too much in exchange for too little (though that it debatable when it comes to the revives).

It's funny. Arcane helmets were removed because they "disrupted" the balance and influenced people into locking into specific builds, but then came along so similar to the Arcanes that it was blasphemous. Watered down, expensive, grindy, weaker.

Edited by (PS4)ToastyFairy01

Speaking as a guy that maxed 5 and 1/2 arcane enhancements Maxed (Rage, strike, trickery, awakening, guardian and 1/2 of victory) I'd have to say yes they are worth it especially arcane strike awakening guardian these things proc very very often and their effects are really good. I'm probably going to max grace and barrier next but maybe later.

personally, i would like enchantments to get a little buff, Especially since the time, energy and or plat it takes to get one. As you said the biggest issue is the inconsistency, I personally would like a way to activate it. So it'd work like this. Arcane Rage procs, upon pressing up on the d-pad or xbox pc equivalent hotkey you can activate the enchantment whenever you want it. passives would still be passives, but its your enchantment and when it procs you use it when you need it.

Spending plat on this stuff has always been ridiculous to me. I've been farming Raids for credits [yes credits. 150-300k in 30 minutes is good enough for me] and I somehow got 10 Arcane Awakenings, so yeah. I've built it, and while it's not bad, I could live without it.

Edited by Kowalski123

It depends on what weapon you're using it.

Really, Try a torid and you'll generate a cloud that'll make these headshot arcanes proc a lot (don't have rage but do have rank 3 victory)

And no they're not too weak. if they were really good it would make the game too grindy for newer players. See it more as some pre-focus system that takes a lot of time.

It depends on what weapon you're using it.

Really, Try a torid and you'll generate a cloud that'll make these headshot arcanes proc a lot (don't have rage but do have rank 3 victory)

And no they're not too weak. if they were really good it would make the game too grindy for newer players. See it more as some pre-focus system that takes a lot of time.

Just ran with torid on an exterminate, not a single proc.

Both grineer ext and infested

Edited by Zareek

Just ran with torid on an exterminate, not a single proc.

Both grineer ext and infested

Well, if you want to know "from a guy who maxed almost all of them (I miss phantasm and agility)" they are good, I could live without them but I don't wanna XD some are realy OP and you choose one in the average. I use the rage only on weapons who can hit on a large area, like quanta, tonkor or syndacate weapons (the procs can active the rage).

But if you want to know the firsts arcane to make that you will appreciate at the most, they are Arcane Guardian (trasform your chroma or frost in an heavier tank, realy easy to activate), Arcane avenger (insane damage boost, with shotguns and crit weapons), Arcane Grace (24% of regenaration, realy good) and Arcane barrier (good on warframe with 1k of shields or put 2 of them, I made 2 for my nova and it's wonderfull).

Other arcane are for a playstyle different, I use them for warframe that shouldn't get damage, but HEY, for me they are quite good and use almost 2 for every warframe (helmet and syandana). Don't know phantasm, but they says it's realy good for excalibur (don't know if it enhance the fire rate, but I think not).

Edited by DoctorWild

Bladestorm is all finisher damage. I have full set arcane trickery on his helmet and another full set on his syandana, it procs almost every single time I do a bladestorm and multiple times during the actual bladestorm. Its great.

Edited by S0V3REiGN