Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Exilus Slot Costs As Much As A Warframe Slot

Zerdfer

And I don't find that normal. 

Paying 20p for an extra warframe slot that allows you to unlock the full power of a warframe that you can add permanently to your arsenal, that's something I can accept (proof I unlocked slots so I can have every warframe).

Paying 20p to be able to use one "utility" (understand useless) mod, or unlocking 1/10 of a warframe power. That's not okay, and there no way I can accept that. And don't get me started on the "free" version.

In addition it saddens me to see how DE is struggling to add new content (BTW grind is not new content).

What's next ? Having to pay to unlock the abilities of a warframe ? Having to pay to unlock the alt fire of a weapon ? Only 10 playable missions a day, pay to have more ? Pay to unlock the new planet they will create ?

Exilus adapters can be earned for free.

Reactors and catalysts also cost 20p. And can also be obtained for free.

Frame slots, however, cannot be obtained without plat.

So im not seeing the comparison.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed insulting image

Yes this grind is getting $&*&*#(%&, i have 800 hours in game and i am starting to get bored.

I paid 20 plat( it is faaar more tedious if you decide to do quest-simaris etc) and added 2 forma

2 MORE FORMA TO MY ALREADY 4 TIMED FORMAED CHROMA

Yes i leveled up my frame from 0 to 30 7 times

Fun game eh?

Edited by Absens

What I believe is DE not planning anything ahead.

If one day they do decide to solve the serration problematic and the mandatory frame mods (as they somewhat promised they would), all those exilus slots gonna be pretty stupid.

You're not forced to use this slot. It might not even exist now, it appears that the community whining forced devs to add it. You know, I see a good reason behind this way of obtaining the slot. If you show much need in something unnecessary and excessive, using your best annoy skills to be noticed, you'll be forced to pay for what you've called.

Edited by Enchillado

What's next ? Having to pay to unlock the abilities of a warframe ? Having to pay to unlock the alt fire of a weapon ? Only 10 playable missions a day, pay to have more ? Pay to unlock the new planet they will create ?

While DE does make mistakes/decisions that look a bit stupid in hindsight, as with all of us at some point in our lives, DE is not going to make that large a magnitude of mistakes/decisions. 

That is not just a slippery slope. That is a cliff straight off into irrationality. 

This slot gave me a reason to do spy missions, stealth way. Before that, i had no reason to scan for simaris.

You can find almost everything for free. And if you don't want to get things for free, you don't want to play the game.

Edited by Dante102

Did you bring enough tinfoil to share?

I also believe it's way way too expensive.

As if the rep wasn't enough it'll also cost me 2 forma (24h build time each) I even don't do exp farms and I have a hard time keeping up with all the forma costs.

(equinox needs one, dojo weapons need one, I need forma to make weapons and frames better,...)

Right now plat seems better than grinding, way better and I don't think this is a good direction to go in. (not to mention that if I upgrade my bullet jump mod it won't fit on any other frames unless I use the slot and forma them too.) It's just way way too expensive.

sorry DE love your game but you should really do something about it, it feels really bad.

For the love of St Anthony! When we didnt have those Exilus slots we played normaly, when we didnt have the Arcane Enchaments we played normally, this is a SIDEGRADE, something to do when you have the time or when it catches your fancy!

I only put 1 Exilus slot in my Excalibur and I'm not bothering to put on any other frame at this moment because: I. DONT. USE. THEM. As often as I do Excal.

Go play your Void as you always did, just remember now that those Forma BPs you didnt want are now useful for something aside from re-leveling things!

It's an extra slot.. something you didn't have before.. you're not forced to pay plat.. you have choices. If you choose not to use the slot, do nothing , gain nothing, lose nothing. Choose the slot, make some effort, gain an extra slot.

I don't see why people complain when everything isn't handed to them with a huge bow attached.

For the love of St Anthony! When we didnt have those Exilus slots we played normaly

Cause we had something else before, remember ? Stopped reading after that.

Btw the exilus slot must be bought for every frame, while the warframe slot can be use for any frame.

Sidenote for the tinfoil lovers, see you in U25, we will see who is laughing (PS it will be me :) )

Edited by Zerdfer

Btw the exilus slot must be bought for every frame, while the warframe slot can be use for any frame.

Sidenote for the tinfoil lovers, see you in U25, we will see who is laughing (PS it will be me :) )

What if I told you.....

That we can buy the Exilus BP from Simaris

Edited by Kao-Snake

Yes this grind is getting $&*&*#(%&, i have 800 hours in game and i am starting to get bored.

I paid 20 plat( it is faaar more tedious if you decide to do quest-simaris etc) and added 2 forma

2 MORE FORMA TO MY ALREADY 4 TIMED FORMAED CHROMA

Yes i leveled up my frame from 0 to 30 7 times

Fun game eh?

I don't understand, if you're not having fun, why the hell are you still playing? 1030 hours on, my interest in the game has been revitalized due to Parkour 2.0. My Excalibur has endured five Forma by now, and that's without even concerning all other Frames and aramaments I've invested my Forma in. 

So you're complaining that a completely optional slot doesn't appeal to you? Whatever, man. I'll buy my own tinfoil.

whenever i see players justifying the bad implementation of this slot saying it's "optional" i feel i need to point out "THE WHOLE FREAKING GAME IS OPTIONAL!!!" that doesn't mean it has to suck now does it? to put it simply the return on investing in this slot as it is now is not worth the effort (free or not). you have grind your frame into a locked build for something that is supposed to offer more flexibility yet in effect does the opposite (this bothers me the most). IMO if devs work on a feature that doesn't get used because it's "optional" and overpriced that's a fail. this slot needs a rework asap or i means wasted time and resources on the dev's part. /end rant

For 50K rep each

Cause they arent reusable

And each costs 2 forma to craft

Yea 

No

It's still a wait wall instead of a pay-wall.

By the time you have 2 Forma build you may have enough Rep with Simaris to get a BP, THEORICALLY.

I didnt say a thing about the 50K cost, its steep, yes. Would I want it to be lowered? HELL YES. But its a Pay-To-Skip instead of a Pay-To-Win that the OP is implying.

What I'm not getting is that most of everyone here is making as if they MUST get the slot. Like its an OBLIGATION! It's sincerily reminding me of when the Arcane Enchaments came out and what was supposed to be just an optional gimmick was being treated as "must have" and "Must max them all"! And the forums were aflame because the Enchaments low effects at lower ranks, they need 10 of the same one to maximize, had to wait days to maximize them and they have to wait 1 day before trying to get a new one that might not be what they wanted making them go to trading to buy the damn things because of the WAIT-WALL.

Altey, tell me: Do you use every frame equaly? Or do you use your favorites while leaving others to "gather dust"? Most players use 1-3 frames on a regular basis and we see players declaring that on the forums which are their go-to frames (I'm one of those) and picking up the others for a change of pace and then come back to their favorites.

So, you will probably ask me "Will I put Exilus Slots on every frame?" Well, maybe. Eventually. In a day far off when I have Rep and Forma to spare, but for now the ONLY frames I'm interested in putting those Slots are Excal (My Main: Already done), Zephyr (For fun) and Banshee (For Stealth runs: gotta put that Enemy Sense there). Those 3 are my priorities, but I'm not going to rush to do them, they will just be the first ones. I've played well without those Slots, I will keep playing when I get them, but I wont burn myself out getting them. The others can WAIT.

Edited by Kao-Snake

Why do you need Enemy Sense on her? Sonar makes no alarming, just make a proper build around it.

Its mostly because Sonar is for an specifc area, it kinda forces me to recast after every x meters and I dont use E. Siphon on her and find myself low on/without energy more times than I would like because of those recasts even with Fleeting Expertise. I focus more in using Silence.