It Doesn't Matter How Much You Buff Rhino's Armor

tinyranitar

Because at the end of the days, whatever you say, whatever build you use, max range Rhino, Max Duration Rhino, Max Strength Rhino, you will always cast Iron Skin. You will ALWAYS cast Iron Skin which is NEVER affected by armor.

So why the buff? I don't really get it. Because you want to make Rhino a tankframe? Then make Iron Skin scales off armor like how Snow Globe does, but with a smaller multiplier. Just make it so that Armor affects how strong Iron Skin it. Then maybe, just MAYBE, people would care about how much armor does Rhino have.

It's not about Rhino is OP or not.

It's about how a Warframe's stat is being ignored completly.

It's about giving some love to people who want to deals with 2 D slot.

Edited by tinyranitar

What's this? You want logic? This isn't logicframe. This is warframe. There's no time for your silly logic in war. 

More seriously though, that's too simple. DE doesn't like simple. Healers don't heal, they give everything a ridiculous mitigation. 

Actually serious now. Yeah, that would be nice. It might actually make one of rhino's health oriented stats actually mean something. 

Agreed, it looks bad. It only should give him some golden aura like Roar does.

It's not really that bad of an abilty. It helps you solo most contents including t4 Exterminate (somewhat) but still struggle to do so.

If makes it scales using armor, maybe people would have something to boost it without relying on solely strength mod, and it does helps a little.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden post

Agree it looks bad. It only should give him some golden aura like Roar does.

It's not really that bad of an abilty. It helps you solo most contents including t4 Exterminate (somewhat) but still struggle to do so.

If makes it scales using armor, maybe people would have something to boost it without relying on solely strength mod, and it does helps a little.

Even if it scales with armor. 701 armor won't really make iron skin that useful.

Chroma can reach thousands of armor and it still hurts in higher level runs.

Maybe Iron skin should not give him an additional layer of HP but very high armor value. Let's say Iron Skin buffs up your armor by 300%. This would mean you can reach about 2,8k armor which makes you incredibly tanky. To make Rhino unique and even more tanky - why not make Iron skin apply all his armor to his shield as well?

Even with his current stats of shield and health he would be incredibly durable but not broken as other frames can reach higher armor values (Chroma) and more damage reduction (Trinity)

If his current armor value would apply to Iron skin it would grant him 4004 health with normal power strength, seems like a lot but it isn't. T4 endless will easily strike through that health amount and even if you buff it up with power strength (don't forget iron skin was nerfed due to rhino stomp being scalable by power duration) it won't be really helpful as the damage you would be dealt is far too high.

Even if it scales with armor. 701 armor won't really make iron skin that useful.

Chroma can reach thousands of armor and it still hurts in higher level runs.

I mean, instead of a fixed value xP.Strength

It would be like (Fixed Value + Armor)x Multiplier x Power Strength

I mean, instead of a fixed value xP.Strength

It would be like (Fixed Value + Armor)x Multiplier x Power Strength

But is that the way to fix Rhino, making him rely on Iron skin for durabiltiy? :/

Iron Skin would become once again mandatory for every Rhino Build.

Valkyr is naturally durable she doesn't "need" any abilities to be durable.

Rhino is in a weird place right now, I think making Iron skin scale with armor would be a nice step in the right direction but he would still need more armor and maybe Iron skin should be put underneath his shield.

At the moment you just cast iron skin again when your previous one is broken, your shield is barely used.

This would make iron skin last longer but it would be risky when it breaks.

EDIT: Oh and what about blocking? I am not sure if they changed it but blocking used to be impossible with iron skin up. That should be fixed too.

Edited by Grievous10

Make rhino twice the size he got ATM

Give him judgernault Charge with speed synergize velocity and  ragdoll on the way + Nuke at impact Like a big Blast proc

And pray if you are corpus or grineer

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden post

The point is, Rhino charge is a 1 skill, so it has to be underpowered compare to his other three, but I find more use for that than Roar tbh

Ideas for Roars:

Rhino unleashe a deafening roar, reeling back enemies and reduce their damage, as well as increasing his. Can be recast while active. Both Duration is affected by power duration, damage reduction and increase is affected by Power strength. Range is static 25 meters

Piercing Roar is changed to Disarming Roar, gives 75% chance to disarm affected enemy (each has a 75% roll, not 75% disarming all of them) in the maxed rank.

Edited by tinyranitar

Well Rhino Charge could make you stomp around like a real rhino, knocking away all enemies you walk into for the expense of energy per second.

It could also grant him damage reduction as he wouldn't be able to use any weapons while charging.

That would be a REAL charge. The current rhino charge is lackluster :/

And yeah Rhino Roar needs some changes too, I like the 1. suggestion.

The point is, Rhino charge is a 1 skill, so it has to be underpowered compare to his other three, but I find more use for that than Roar tbh

Ideas for Roars:

Rhino unleashe a deafening roar, reeling back enemies and reduce their damage, as well as increasing his. Can be recast while active. Both Duration is affected by power duration, damage reduction and increase is affected by Power strength. Range is static 25 meters

Piercing Roar is changed to Disarming Roar, gives 75% chance to disarm affected enemy (each has a 75% roll, not 75% disarming all of them) in the maxed rank.

Well Rhino Charge could make you stomp around like a real rhino, knocking away all enemies you walk into for the expense of energy per second.

It could also grant him damage reduction as he wouldn't be able to use any weapons while charging.

That would be a REAL charge. The current rhino charge is lackluster :/

And yeah Rhino Roar needs some changes too, I like the 1. suggestion.

wut about making rhino charge his ultimate (cause rhino)

and make stomp his third

roar is first

iron skin second

with thoose changes

Edited by Tsoe

wut about making rhino charge his ultimate (cause rhino)

and make stomp his third

roar is first

iron skin second

with thoose changes

I think Rhino charge is more used for mobility rather than CC/Damage. Because he really needs some mobility.

"This is Rhino, an immovable force and highly resilient."

"This is Chroma, an ancient legend, master of the elements."

Why is Chroma 20 times more tanky than Rhino? He has more armor and his abilities grant him incredible armor.

Rhino has no skill that grants you any durability. Iron Skin is just useless, the only thing it grants you is cc immunity for a short time.

Ironclad charge grants you 137,5 armor per enemy hit for 10 seconds only. As far as I know it doesn't stack either so if you use successive rhino charges you will overwrite the previous armor bonus. It's a decent augment but Rhino shouldn't rely on an augment mod to gain resilience.

Don't forget the rhino charge augment that boosts armor. I used to get 600% with that thing at 190 armor! Now rhino Cam be a vanguard provided you use ironclad charge. Iron skin becomes cc ability with the augment. Try to play rhino with his new toys and then tell me he isn't awesome.

He isn't awesome.

Luck based resilience isn't resilience

And no CC immunity

Edited by tinyranitar

You know what strategy scale well in this game up to ultra high lvl enemies?

Not Armor

Not Damage Reduction

But it's "Not getting hit"

I find it hard to not get hit while hordes of enemies starting firing at me.

Unless you talking Nova.

Yeah you talking Nova.

And on a more serious note, so you propose "git gud" as a solution while we are talking about the usability of a Warframe? This is why I find the elite community very hard to bear in discussion, as you always say "do this, do that" which is maybe, just maybe cannot be done by everyone.

Though I do agree gaming take a certain degree of skill, you can't say inablity to dodge 12 enemies shooting hit scan bullet that melts your health bar in a single instance is bad. And every teammate goes to revive you is dead too because they  tdon't have skill, while infact none is durable enough to withstand sustained fire. (that's why Sanctuary exists)

This is artifical difficulty, which force people to have better gears, not forcing them to have a certain degree of skill.

Unless, well, we are taking your Neo bullet dodging skill then yes, what is the point of running defensive mods?

Edited by tinyranitar

You know what strategy scale well in this game up to ultra high lvl enemies?

Not Armor

Not Damage Reduction

But it's "Not getting hit"

I would like to see you dodging in T4 survival 80 minutes in without any kind of invisibility or buffs from trinity or any other frame.

Things have changed in Warframe if you look into the new patch notes. DE tries to buff up armor, shield and health values of some frames.

It is time to bring Rhino's glory back. He is the most bulky frame and his visuals show he is heavily armored too. He deserves to be the most durable frame of all.

What's this? You want logic? This isn't logicframe. This is warframe. There's no time for your silly logic in war. 

More seriously though, that's too simple. DE doesn't like simple. Healers don't heal, they give everything a ridiculous mitigation. 

Actually serious now. Yeah, that would be nice. It might actually make one of rhino's health oriented stats actually mean something.

Exactly.

This is still the game where a character, who's actual head is on fire, dies when she stands to close to some burning embers.

The armor is for the times when IS goes down and you take some health damage while getting to safety.  If you think it's useless then you probably don't actually play Rhino in endgame content.  Then again, it would be nice if Rhino had some power-based or passive-based incentive to slot Steel Fiber.  

Edited by RealPandemonium