Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It Doesn't Matter How Much You Buff Rhino's Armor

tinyranitar

Blessing is kinda different, since it grants the whole team that benefit.

It is indeed different. That differences and similarities were what we were discussing....

Iron Skin is making you taking for the whole team, so I think Aggro mechanic maybe good.

I agree completely. As long as it is done right.

It is indeed different. That differences and similarities were what we were discussing....

I agree completely. As long as it is done right.

Oh yeah, I thought you were complaining how Iron Skin seems overpowered to Blessing. Guess I have to work on my reading skill, or I'm just too tired haha.

Make iron skin base off both strength and armor rating. This way people might actually stack on armor.

And give the armor mods more boost for god's sake!

Yeah, with the current state of thing no matter how much you buff it armor wouldn't matter.

DE needs to step their game up.

What if iron skin gave you complete for 15 seconds immunity, but had a 40 second long cool down ?

dun dun dun dun !

P.S There was an old bug where armor DR applied to shields.

So instead of using DR applying to Shields.

Just apply it to Iron skin.

Sure it won't be a lot of DR, but it is better than nothing.

Edited by fatpig84

What if iron skin gave you complete for 15 seconds immunity, but had a 40 second long cool down ?

dun dun dun dun !

P.S There was an old bug where armor DR applied to shields.

So instead of using DR applying to Shields.

Just apply it to Iron skin.

Sure it won't be a lot of DR, but it is better than nothing.

We already got a no for cool downs by DE, and I was about to make a thread on that second one, actually.

I can see Rhino's roll in the squad changing by the time he gets his rework.  Less tank, more heavy weapons dude.  Slight increase to sprint speed, a passive that reduces recoil from primaries by maybe 10%, and you have an excellent point man.  Iron skin for damage absorption and CC negation​.  Charge an​​d stomp for CC and Roar for the DPS boost.

Because let's face it, Frost is the tank.  Snow Globe alone shifts it in his favor, offering Armor Skin in a fixed area, and applying Chill to any enemy who passes through it.

Otherwise?  I'd put Iron skin under the shields, so you'd not take any damage to Iron Skin until you've got your shields stripped.  Same benefits as usual, but it lasts a lot longer.

I can see Rhino's roll in the squad changing by the time he gets his rework.  Less tank, more heavy weapons dude.  Slight increase to sprint speed, a passive that reduces recoil from primaries by maybe 10%, and you have an excellent point man.  Iron skin for damage absorption and CC negation​.  Charge an​​d stomp for CC and Roar for the DPS boost.

Because let's face it, Frost is the tank.  Snow Globe alone shifts it in his favor, offering Armor Skin in a fixed area, and applying Chill to any enemy who passes through it.

Otherwise?  I'd put Iron skin under the shields, so you'd not take any damage to Iron Skin until you've got your shields stripped.  Same benefits as usual, but it lasts a lot longer.

Well, putting Iron Skin under shield could be good, I think.

Armor should reduce damage to Iron skin, shields and health.  Rhino base armor should be like 500.

Id trade in Iron skin's resistances to stuns, knock downs, and other stuff like that, for vastly improved overall durability. 

Where 200 points of iron skin gives like 1000 effective shield health.  Then his 100 base shields give effective like 500.  give Rhino massive armor and damage type resistances instead of grab resistances, walking through energy shield resistances and the like. 

GIve RHino resistances to things like Phorid's move where he ignores shields and attacks directly into health. 

Change Rhinos shields from being 100% impervious to being more a damage reduction, mroe akin to Planetside 2's Heavy Assault Resistance shield.  Then, as your Rhino increases in lvl, you gain a higher lvl of dmg reduction.  say, 50% at first, then 65, 80, and 95% resistance for up to x amount of damage.  BUt give him alot higher base armor so he takes reduced damage from the get go. 

So where now he just takes 10 dmg to his iron skin, instead, buffed armor, damage type resistances, he will reduce incoming damage to like 5 first, then its reduced again by his shields to like 2...and THAT is what is split like 1/1 into his iron skin and regular shields. 

Where right now, where the Void Corpus SHotguns tear open my Rhino's nearly 3000 points of ironskin/shields in 3-5 shots, with this new idea, they would need to unload into rhino to even really make a dent, as that damage would be massively reduced.  So, instead of taking 1000 dmg a shot, its reduced to like 350... 

Armor should reduce damage to Iron skin, shields and health.  Rhino base armor should be like 500.

Id trade in Iron skin's resistances to stuns, knock downs, and other stuff like that, for vastly improved overall durability. 

Where 200 points of iron skin gives like 1000 effective shield health.  Then his 100 base shields give effective like 500.  give Rhino massive armor and damage type resistances instead of grab resistances, walking through energy shield resistances and the like. 

GIve RHino resistances to things like Phorid's move where he ignores shields and attacks directly into health. 

Change Rhinos shields from being 100% impervious to being more a damage reduction, mroe akin to Planetside 2's Heavy Assault Resistance shield.  Then, as your Rhino increases in lvl, you gain a higher lvl of dmg reduction.  say, 50% at first, then 65, 80, and 95% resistance for up to x amount of damage.  BUt give him alot higher base armor so he takes reduced damage from the get go. 

So where now he just takes 10 dmg to his iron skin, instead, buffed armor, damage type resistances, he will reduce incoming damage to like 5 first, then its reduced again by his shields to like 2...and THAT is what is split like 1/1 into his iron skin and regular shields. 

Where right now, where the Void Corpus SHotguns tear open my Rhino's nearly 3000 points of ironskin/shields in 3-5 shots, with this new idea, they would need to unload into rhino to even really make a dent, as that damage would be massively reduced.  So, instead of taking 1000 dmg a shot, its reduced to like 350... 

But yeah, that's a little too OP

But yeah, that's a little too OP

Well, RHino and every frame in  this game is already kinda OP in thier own way.....soooo, idk why erryone is even up in arms about RHino in the first place.  But if we are, thats what I would do to him.  Maybe not that drastic, but thats the basic idea.  If it actually made sense.

Edited by KnightCole

Well, RHino and every frame in  this game is already kinda OP in thier own way

That's why the game has gotten boring at high levels of play; DE started to embrace the 'CC everything endless farming" trend that passes for "endgame," and messed up the fragile relative balance that the game had after Damage 2.0 dropped.  

What heavy weapons? 

DE would need to buff the current LMGs and stuff, add more, for more variety, add in some actual rocket launchers and then maybe......add in some hard hitting pistols....

That armor value of 275 for Rhino Prime still sucks.

Rhino's ironskin is utter S#&$, looks horrendously bad and still didn't get any kind of buff.

Rhino's charge got buffed but it feels S#&$. Why don't they give us a real Rhino Charge where you walk around, knocking away all enemies?

I still don't know why Rhino has that roar, it doesn't fit into his kit instead he should get that Warcry from Valkyr which buffs up armor.

Rhino is my eternal main but he needs so much help in both stats and skills.

DE should just turn Rhino into the most tanky frame of all. He's put to shame by Chroma, Valkyr, Trinity and even frames like Mesa are way more tanky due to the damage mitigation they have. Even if Iron Skin is being buffed to be affected by armor it wont help much. Rhino shouldn't rely COMPLETELY on one skill to be somewhat durable.

With armored agility and steel fiber you can reach about 701 armor which sounds high but you can't survive in high level runs. It's just sad to see that Rhino is still S#&$ after such a long time talking about his problems non-stop

I agree that, Out of the tank-type frames, Rhino is easily one of the most fragile (if not, is the most fragile) of them all, some warframes arn't even meant to be very defensively gifted, are still on par (if not, more) tanky than rhino, but making him tankier than Chroma and Valkyr (Trinity does not count, because apart from her link and blessing, she is amongst the more frail frames and against lvl 45+ enemies, she can die in the drop a of hat, if the player is not very careful) is not the solution, making him tankier than somebody that can scale their armor on the enemies' damage  (until about lvl 150+) or someone who can become temporarily invincible, who also has a base armor of 600 will mean Rhino would have to be almost immortal and would basically be a god, outside of missons with lvl 160+ enemies (good luck finding a mission with enemies like that, without out it being an extremely long survival, defense, interception or a tactical alert event mission), which would be absurdly ridiculous, unless they removed all utility and role diversity Rhino had to replace it with being a damage sponge, they would also have to make him slower to balance out how inpervious to damage he is, this would make him have no use other that taking a endless beating, which would make him useless to the rest of the team and Extremely boring to play (it would be like watching a train-wreck, in slow motion every day or watching a chia pet grow).

The Lotus also mentions that, " Chroma is one of the most powerful warframes." (in the Chroma quest called " A New Strange") I doubt DE would deny something that came out of their mouths, making Rhino tankier than what is basically the most powerful warframe currently discovered (who is also a tank) would be kind of akward, making Rhino on par with Chroma and Valkyr would be fine, though it would be odd, as Rhino is one of the easiest warframes to obtain.

Here it is! I think....

Disclaimer: The specific numbers used are for illustrative purposes only. The important thing to note is the proposed mechanics.

Rhino's ability to tank hinges on his capacity to initiate (primarily charge), survive incoming damage (base stats and iron skin) and impede enemy action (charge and stomp) by disrupting them. Additionally he has roar to increase the damage output for himself and the team.

The announced upcoming changes are solid, but without a direct change to his defensive capability they will not be enough to make him a tank.

For Rhino's stats, I'd raise his base armor to 350.

For a relatively simple yet directed fix to iron skin. It would work as follows-

Rhino hardens his skin to create a reinforcing buffer with 500 / 700 / 1000 / 1500 Armor-based hitpoints. While the buffer is active, Rhino becomes immune to damage and Status Effects. Iron Skin will expire when the buffer's hitpoints are depleted.Total amount of Iron Skins hitpoints is affected by Power Strength.

Iron Skin acts as separate layer of protection over Rhino's health and shields. Iron Skin adds 100 percent of Rhino's total armor value including Steel Fiber, the effects of Iron Clad Charge and any other friendly buffs that would increase Warframe armor..

While Iron Skin is active: any attack rhino does on an enemy will inflict the "taunted" status effect on that enemy. This will cause them to focus all of their attention on rhino for 5 seconds. Each enemy affected by the taunt effect will increase the percentage that Iron Skin gains from his total armor by 2/4/8/10 percent (maybe more?). This affect stacks but cannot exceed a 200 (maybe 300, 400?) percent total armor increase. That percentage is effected by power strength mods. The duration of the taunt effect is affected by duration mods. This means that the more enemies rhino has focused on himself the more durable he is. Note: By "Any attack rhino does I am referring to whoever he shoots, hits with melee or effects with one of his powers. Literally any attack that rhino does. This allows him to pick and choose to taunt enemies one by one or in groups as he the need arises.

The taunt effect caused by attacks done while iron skin is active will be immediately disbanded when iron skin breaks or if it is manually deactivated by iron shrapnel. Note that the enemies formally aggro'ed will not necessarily attack a different target, they are simply no longer forced to attack Rhino and will target enemies as usual.

Is that your suggestion? I like it, like it a lot, goes well with your name and avatar too, lol;

My suggestion for iron skin would go along these lines. If you have any ideas based on it or whatever feel free to add,

Iron Skin:

Now has a base damage reduction rate of 25%

Like snow globe armour now scales into Iron Skin HP by a factor of 4:1

Power strength will instead of affecting HP, will affect damage reduction

Edited by Unholyrequiem

My suggestion for iron skin would go along these lines. If you have any ideas based on it or whatever feel free to add,

Iron Skin:

Now has a base damage reduction rate of 25%

Like snow globe armour now scales into Iron Skin HP by a factor of 4:1

Power strength will instead of affecting HP, will affect damage reduction

Well, it could be great.