Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag And Mag Prime

ImZBait

You know Greedy Mag on public missions was an anoying pice of s**t pulling all stuff to one place safe from enemys and forces everyone to just sit there and watch.

But it was also a formidable teamplayer in coordinated group matches.

So my suggestion would be to let greedy pull only pull item for her and her allys in a short radius of  3~5 meters arround her, so she cant anoy ppl in public matches, while support the group in private/ recrute matches.

Or, just make it so that the magnetic ability only works on metalic objects... (make Greedy Pull grab everything but Energy//Health/Affinity orbs.)

Sorry, Mag is useless.  It's time to move on.  Just delete her, and put a useful frame in her spot instead.

Most definately not. Not only is pull still an effective crowd control ability, but shield polarise still annihilates shield heavy opponents while protecting the frame itself. An Bullet attractor is exceptional when used correctly to mitigate the amount of fire that reaches your frame, as well as being an excellent team support ability. The only thing I have yet to see be truly effective is crush. Maybe it's just me but it doesn't seem the damage numbers that pop up are different. At this point I find crush (without the augment which significantly raises its utility) just "looks cool."

For me personally, I enjoyed watching the enemies fly over railings and stuff like in a Void defense. And like one other said, skeet shooting. But I do know that many liked it to supply power to mesa during defense missions because Mesa cannot absorb energy while in her 4th power any other way. However, what I said originally was true. I know 5 people from my clan--which wasn't big to begin with--that left because of that change to Mag. And they VOWED not to return till Mag was restored. And yes, they want the greedy pull put back so they can supply Mesa--not to mention pull mods. I can also see that not everyone agrees with that. But as I said above, it is not good to give something and then take it away. That is how you lose players. There are too many games out there that do that as a money making scheme--it's called bait and switch. I hope Warframe is not turning into one of those.

The double edged sword that we love so much in warframe is not the galatine, but the fact that it is ever changing. Most games spend some time in beta, only to realease and add a little more content before passing quietly into the night. The fact that Warframe is still in open beta means that anything can be changed at any moment based on the percieved necessities of the community and the deeloper. So it would seem warframe is doing less of a bait and switch, and more trying to find a system that appeals to the most number of players while also making the developers feel they have done good work. I think we could all agree that warframe would be terrible if the devs suddenly decided that laziness was the new standard...

Or, just make it so that the magnetic ability only works on metalic objects... (make Greedy Pull grab everything but Energy//Health/Affinity orbs.)

That actually raises another question that is lore over gameplay. As a player we see resources as yellow/blue/green containers. These containers represent resources, yet many different resources share the same container. If we are to believe enemies are carrying these containers then must next ask ourselves why? Why are these twisted masses of flesh that are the infested carrying these containers filled with biological, chemical, and metallic components? Are they leftovers from their days as humans? And why would robots be carrying around seemingly pointless resources that seem in no way related to their building or maintenance? Is every MOA outfitted with resource canisters to allow technicians to perform field repairs? The next issue to tackle would be size. The comparison of the canister's size to the unit that drops them usually is pretty hefty on the canister's side. How are these ospreys carrying such large resource containers about without letting them be seen? Are they cloaked? If so would that not require more energy and thus make them less efficient in the field and for mass production? This becomes true for mods as well. Are those who drop mods using them? Are they just on their person, and either way how do they utilise something so large?

This paragraph boilds down to the question of whether or not these resources are truly mettalic, contained within canisters, and gameplay over realism. In conclusion I believe what we see is simply gameplay over reality for the sake of simplicity, yet still it should be discussed.

Most definately not. Not only is pull still an effective crowd control ability, but shield polarise still annihilates shield heavy opponents while protecting the frame itself. An Bullet attractor is exceptional when used correctly to mitigate the amount of fire that reaches your frame, as well as being an excellent team support ability. The only thing I have yet to see be truly effective is crush. Maybe it's just me but it doesn't seem the damage numbers that pop up are different. At this point I find crush (without the augment which significantly raises its utility) just "looks cool.".

I don't deny that Shield Polarize is nice, but it is far too situational to be worth keeping Mag around unless you are nearing 30 frame slots.

Pull is meh now that g-pull got hit with a nerf bat factory. Bullet attractor is laughable.

Mag's helmet is the cutest helmet in this game, it's a fish tank!!

She's not useless, she's a fish tank.

Actually if mag's bullet attractor get same treatment as zephyr's turbulence she get an absolute defense bubble that will

keep her alive as long as she's inside the bubble.

If I remember correctly, hitscan enemies that shoot from outside the bubble still hit you even when you're in the bubble.

Edited by Volinus7

No, its greedy pull, so its only for ur greedy mag use.

But seriously, that made warframe 90% worse, even without that horrible Gmag, mesa and draco are still around poisoning the fun and balance.

How is people farming Draco poisoning the fun for you, are you also doing 24/7 Draco runs?