Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Modest Buff To The Harpak/paracyst Grapples

Paradoxbomb

With the addition of a separated zoom and alt-fire function, the Paracyst and Harpak are a lot more enjoyable to use than I initially thought, although my only complaint is that their harpoon alt-fire still feels a bit underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, it can potentially be handy in tandem with a finisher from a good melee weapon, but personally I feel it could be made significantly more useful and less gimmicky with three small tweaks:

1) Remove the charge time. Even if it is short, it adds an unnecessary layer of delay to it's use and makes it feel more cumbersome to use than it should. The grapple already has travel time and can only hit one enemy at a time, so being able to fire it on the fly wouldn't make it OP.

2) Increase the damage. It doesn't necessarily need to one-shot level 100 heavies unmodded, but giving the alt-fire a higher damage multiplier could give it some use as a makeshift sniper that can (hopefully) outright kill fodder enemies and take out a modest chunk of a Heavy unit's health on a headshot. Being able to dish out decent damage on top of the ragdoll effect could vastly improve it's practically in combat and help alleviate that gimmicky feeling, at least a little bit.

3) Punch-Through Mechanics. Currently, punch-through sorta "breaks" the grapple: it will pass through enemies and only deal miniscule damage and won't ragdoll them until it exceeds it's punch-through limit. This pretty much makes the grapple even more impractical to use than it already is. It would be nice if it could be made so that punch-through either has no effect on the grapple or it allows the grapple to pull in all enemies hit by it.

I think I'd use it a lot more if it had innate punch through like bows and it would just go in a straight line reach a certain length then come back and do more damage on it's real in so it would shoot out pierce through enemies then come back pierce again and do the damage again so you'd get more enemies hit then just 1 grappled. And it could grapple all enemies hit by it.