Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Warframe: Equinox

DE_Adam

Ever wonder what goes into the design of a Warframe?  What about two?  This edition of Building Warframe cover the latest entry into the warriors of the Lotus, Equinox, whose unique powers and abilities meant creating two perfectly balanced forms.

Equinox's unique design presented a lot of interesting challenges a long the way, and you can check out all the fine details on Equinox here.  Let us know what you think!

-DE_Adam

• Like 1

Thanks! Some crazy concepts right there the one with 4 arms & legs are over the top weird.

Very interesting nonetheless.

Edit: Hold it!

I'm confused, says there:

Initial sketches focused heavily on two entwined bodies, but were a little lacking in individual personality. By giving each aura its own gender we get a much clearer picture of both the individual Warframe and the balance shared between both forms while still keeping a unifying theme of balance between the two.

So like, I heard somewhere that Reb confirmed that Equinox is a she?

I really thought that the Day form is still a she but is just in-touch with her masculine side.

Edited by Oranji

Question is, will they fix the white mark on Night Form's Helmet being on the wrong side of the helmet. It's correct it the concept art, but wrong in game and in the launcher. There looks to be a mark on the left, but it's so dark grey it's almost black.

qra1927.jpg

Edited by weezedog

Thanks! Some crazy concepts right there the one with 4 arms & legs are over the top weird.

Very interesting nonetheless.

Edit: Hold it!

I'm confused, says there:

Initial sketches focused heavily on two entwined bodies, but were a little lacking in individual personality. By giving each aura its own gender we get a much clearer picture of both the individual Warframe and the balance shared between both forms while still keeping a unifying theme of balance between the two.

So like, I heard somewhere that Reb confirmed that Equinox is a she?

I really thought that the Day form is still a she but is just in-touch with her masculine side.

Oranji,

Sorry for the confusion there!  Equinox is in fact a she, but she also has a masculine form.  'Gender' was the incorrect word to properly explain the difference in forms, and has since been properly edited to better reflect the nature of her abilities and (in the case of this Building Warframe piece) design background.  

I hope this clears things up!

-DE_Adam

• Like 1

Oranji,

Sorry for the confusion there!  Equinox is in fact a she, but she also has a masculine form.  'Gender' was the incorrect word to properly explain the difference in forms, and has since been properly edited to better reflect the nature of her abilities and (in the case of this Building Warframe piece) design background.  

-DE_Adam

Thank you for clarifying. 

Pretty neat to see the older concept designs for Equinox, and how they seemed to started off as just parts of a single entity and morphed into more individual designs for each aspect. Not entirely sure which I would be more fond of. I do think I'd be more fond of the other concept's combined forms however, the current one just feels like the night form model was used and they sprinkled on a few aspects from day, it just doesn't feel like a balance of both frames designs. but that could just be me. 

(i feel like the design on the bottom right of the first sheet would have been a really neat frame design however)

I'm probably going to continue viewing Equinox as a androgynous being or something outside the gender binary however, as it plays far more into the whole aspects of ying and yang.

Edited by Cubewano

Oranji,

Sorry for the confusion there! Equinox is in fact a she, but she also has a masculine form. 'Gender' was the incorrect word to properly explain the difference in forms, and has since been properly edited to better reflect the nature of her abilities and (in the case of this Building Warframe piece) design background.

-DE_Adam

And just like that you officialy ended a long debate.

Oranji,

-DE_Adam

Oooh, so they have definite genders now do they? Meaning they aren't just blobs of energy in a space suit, but actually definite organisms with specific sexes? 

*conspiracy theories intensify* 

Dang, I hoped Equinox was going to be some shade of non-binary. Genderfluid, for instance.

I feel like that would been a better direction to go given the nature of its theme but I suppose de was afraid of having to deal with whatever debates would arise from pursuing that route. 

I feel like that would been a better direction to go given the nature of its theme but I suppose de was afraid of having to deal with whatever debates would arise from pursuing that route. 

All DE has to do is have the next original Warframe be female as well in order to renew the confusion, heh.

Oooh, so they have definite genders now do they? Meaning they aren't just blobs of energy in a space suit, but actually definite organisms with specific sexes? *conspiracy theories intensify* 

Nope, the is a discussion of the Warframe, the suit, not the Tenno within.

The living, techno-organic suits of exo-armour that we call "Equinox" are all female.

The single tenno-per-player that builds that suit is a different matter.

Nope, the is a discussion of the Warframe, the suit, not the Tenno within.

The living, techno-organic suits of exo-armour that we call "Equinox" are all female.

The single tenno-per-player that builds that suit is a different matter.

how does a suit have a gender though? gender is a psychological aspect, it requires a consciousness, are we suggesting the frames have independent minds from the tenno?