Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Warframe: Equinox

DE_Adam

When I see the male or white part, I can see the same concept it was made for trinity, a kind of futuristic high-tech suit.

I see that same concept on trinity, but her details and different parts dont match and are exaggerated on her.

Really liked to see the different concept ideas for their combined body, they are very original and awesome.

This workshop is a pure lie : they never talked about crafitng the 8 parts! >:(

how does a suit have a gender though? gender is a psychological aspect, it requires a consciousness, are we suggesting the frames have independent minds from the tenno?  

Are you a guy? Yes?

Try to wear this :

flower-pin-blazer_022209.jpg

Went on Gogole, typed "female suit".

i think they should have just left it androgynous and not tried to be PC [politically correct] about the whole mess

ppl have to nitpick everything to fit inside their tiny social ideology boxes =[

/rant

honestly if u just look at Equinox, its clear that it is both genders, light form is clearly male/masculine and night form is female/feminine, so whatevs the PC party-line is, the art/model ingame tells the truth regardless at least

in my mind Equinox is just the next step in pushing the envelop to deepen the mystery of what a tenno truly is, just as how since warframes have no face, the player can put whatever they want into a character [this was/is a very intelligent design concept i wholeheartedly approved of and a large appeal of warframe]

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

how does a suit have a gender though? gender is a psychological aspect, it requires a consciousness, are we suggesting the frames have independent minds from the tenno?  

gender is physical, reason why female and male have different physical aspects and genitalia. 

i think they should have just left it androgynous and not tried to be PC [politically correct] about the whole mess

ppl have to nitpick everything to fit inside their tiny social ideology boxes =[

/rant

honestly if u just look at Equinox, its clear that it is both genders, light form is clearly male/masculine and night form is female/feminine, so whatevs the PC party-line is, the art/model ingame tells the truth regardless at least

in my mind Equinox is just the next step in pushing the envelop to deepen the mystery of what a tenno truly is, just as how since warframes have no face, the player can put whatever they want into a character [this was/is a very intelligent design concept i wholeheartedly approved of and a large appeal of warframe]

actually the "pc" route would have been to make them both genders.

gender is physical, reason why female and male have different physical aspects and genitalia. 

What you are referring to is not ones gender but their sex, gender refers to behaviors and feelings as they relate to certain biological sexes in any one culture, the actually physicality of a person as pertaining to male and female is their sex. It's why on any legal documents you aren't asked your gender but your sex. However, if that is the case you are trying to present then are suggesting that frames have no no bits? 

Edited by Cubewano

Oranji,

Sorry for the confusion there!  Equinox is in fact a she, but she also has a masculine form.  'Gender' was the incorrect word to properly explain the difference in forms, and has since been properly edited to better reflect the nature of her abilities and (in the case of this Building Warframe piece) design background.  

I hope this clears things up!

-DE_Adam

Dang it, was so hoping for it to also have a male form =_=

Oh well, I my iron clad rule is I cant wear any female warframe... now what to do with the parts I got :(

]\'[okuto Bunshi

Peace Out.

Nuuuuu!

Why isn't Equinox like a garoupa? :(

Because this a Sci-Fi game. Not a Simulation of Modern Social Issues. Surprised people aren't getting this yet. Warframe is a video game about jumping around, killing things, and getting loot. There's no point or reason for anything other than the simple male/female genders to be in a sci-fi game in which the closest things even related to baby making are the recent revelations in the Natah quest, and then how the Grineer widely use cloning to supply their population. 

Thought we talked about this a week ago. You can believe what you want, but when DE gives their official word, the factual info is out and that's just how it is.

Edit: Also because tenno aren't fish.

Edited by CoRRh

Warning: This post has nothing to do with the question of Equinox's gender(s). 

I just wanted to say that I really like the Building Warframe series, but I had an issue with this one in particular.

Particularly, I did not like this Dev Workshop omitted the fact that the Equinox Frame was chosen and largely inspired by the Design Council topic to devise the next Warframe. Some DC community member came up with the theme for the Warframe and the Design Council voted on it.... isn't that an important part of "Building Warframe", and the development process that at least bears mentioning? 

I think so, and hope that in the future, credit is given where credit is due. 

I do realize that coming up with an idea in 350 words should not be given equal weight to the immense amount of time that went into the visual design. But mention of the fact that Equinox's idea was determined on by a community member and voted into existence by the Design Council is noteworthy (and indeed not universally known - much like how many of the Warframe Augments were concepts of the Design Council, though this fact too has not been widely publicized). 

Oranji,

Sorry for the confusion there!  Equinox is in fact a she, but she also has a masculine form.  'Gender' was the incorrect word to properly explain the difference in forms, and has since been properly edited to better reflect the nature of her abilities and (in the case of this Building Warframe piece) design background.  

-DE_Adam

So both forms are female? Or when you say eqinox you mean the fused?

Speaking of which Are day Fused and night supposed to be 3 separate entities(like  Gem fusion from Steven Universe)?

Or is she just one whole frame that can switch her powers?

Hi everyone !

Thanks, DE people, for bringing all those cool ideas into Warframe, it's rare to see such a passionate developing team working closely with a live community. Keep up the good work !

Equinox concept is really cool. What I love most is that she starts a mission either in day or night form, which you can switch, but outside of combat she will be in her "hybrid" form, so she has three appearances, and she's awesome to look at.

I find it even more of a shame that imo most of her powers are lackluster, as in, weak or cumbersome to use  - especially Pacify, Provoke, and Mend - as if there had been a fear that by making her a really powerful support frame she could become owerpowered (tip : she would not be). But that's a whole different topic, sorry for straying off.

Cheers to you all, DE and Tennos !

Edited by Enno69

Normally i defeand and like most ideas.

BUT THIS F****** S***.

Only 1 part missing.

Did only for the last part over 38 runs!

Ok, from Statistik i am 1% of all players.

But i only have 12.5% chance for the last part for each run i do.

If you want players to need more time for a warframe, do something not so random based.

It's kinda sad that a character can only be accepted as straight up female if she's wearing "boob armour".

I mean this is a girl:

The_Babysitter_Cal-141.jpg

Can you tell? No ofcourse you can't.

Here's one that's you can only tell because her helmet is off:

930f28b907457319281b080fd38b38a5.jpg

Just because Day form is wearing bulky "masculine" armour, doesn't mean she's now suddenly disqualified from being female.

I like the look of it and I can't wait to play him/her.

I think both forms are quite usefull and a whole lot of fun to play!

I liked the one picture where it looks like the "robe" is ripped.

I think of one with this ripped robe, smoke while he moves....cool^^

Anyway will be great aswell with the new changes, looking forward to it!

Oranji,

-DE_Adam

If that's true, than you should make boobs or something for day form -__-

P.S. Sorry if boobs is bad word for you ^^'

Edited by Marl_Boro

Equinox was a great idea, and I definitely will enjoy playing as him/her/(it?) in Warframe. Just one problem that keeps slapping collectors like me in the face. I don't have any open slots for Equinox. 

Just a suggestion here, maybe the developers could consider adding an alternate way to aquire more Warframe slots via credits (For a new Warframe like Equinox, I honestly wouldn't mind paying 100,000 credits for a new slot).

Then I wouldn't have to keep selling my Warframes to get new ones.

If that's true, than you should make boobs or something for day form -__-

P.S. Sorry if boobs is bad word for you ^^'

And why? Equinox's a female, yes, but that doesn't automatically mean she has to get boobs.

Adding boobs would ruin her design, anyway. They're supposed to be symmetrical and stuff.

Thanks! Some crazy concepts right there the one with 4 arms & legs are over the top weird.

Very interesting nonetheless.

Edit: Hold it!

I'm confused, says there:

Initial sketches focused heavily on two entwined bodies, but were a little lacking in individual personality. By giving each aura its own gender we get a much clearer picture of both the individual Warframe and the balance shared between both forms while still keeping a unifying theme of balance between the two.

So like, I heard somewhere that Reb confirmed that Equinox is a she?

I really thought that the Day form is still a she but is just in-touch with her masculine side.

Thanks for quoting them and documenting this. Now I know DE backpedalled from representing transgenders to avoid complicated future conflicts of interests!

Thanks for quoting them and documenting this. Now I know DE backpedalled from representing transgenders to avoid complicated future conflicts of interests!

That's not really true. This is all about a suit, not a person. the person (Tenno) has always been one-per-player account and fits in any Warframe.

Additionally, "transgender" is used to indicate someone who transitions from one gender to another and stays at the destination, _not_ someone who is fluid and/or constantly changing, the terms "genderfluid" or "non binary" are available for that.

The development ideas of shape and form are just that, not in-word statement about the nature of the Warframe.

Edited by SilentMobius