Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.0.3

[DE]Rebecca

While initially thinking that adding tintable metal to Loki Prime is expected and a good thing of course, never did I imagine (even though I probably should have) that one whole tint pattern be REMOVED for the gold. I had a beautiful meticulous color palette that is now ruined because I can not have a 4th color AND the gold together at once. I humbly beg that some sort of special metal tint be added and that Loki Prime be given his 4th tint area back.

Here is an image I have of my Loki Prime BEFORE the tint-swap. Unfortunately it is only from the back.

tumblr_nk3c35vkqm1r25qq1o1_1280.jpg

This is my Loki Prime AFTER the tint-swap. Please take a closer look to how the light, seafoam green tint that was on Loki's patterns before, turned into the 'gold' and now are erased from his body. I feel this is an unjust simplifaction of what was a beautiful and perfect Prime Warframe design.

4XFKIN4.jpg

Loki has been my favorite frame since I picked him up the first time I played this game. This Loki prime change has my feelings mixed since this change made the Inmortal Skin have the same color as the PBR details. Its both good and bad, so for the most part this is why Im mixed.

EDIT: DE, you should put an option In the customization menu to either be able to change the gold color Or just leave it gold. This wouldnt affect the PBR things you are working on right now and It would benefit a lot of users, like me.

Edited by Kirosamu

Loki has been my favorite frame since I picked him up the first time I played this game. This Loki prime change has my feelings mixed since this change made the Inmortal Skin have the same color as the PBR details. Its both good and bad, so for the most part this is why Im mixed.

EDIT: DE, you should put an option In the customization menu to either be able to change the gold color Or just leave it gold. This wouldnt affect the PBR things you are working on right now and It would benefit a lot of users, like me.

That's great for you and anyone that likes the gold, but for those of us that think the gold is ugly and it ruins our color schemes, this was a nice change. I do think it would be nice to have a separate tint for gold on primes, but please people, stop suggesting they remove the ability to change the metal color...that's taking a step backwards from a really nice change. Why would you want to remove customization options? I don't understand that way of thinking.

Why would you want to remove customization options? I don't understand that way of thinking.

That is what majority of the argument is - that force tinting metal on Tint 4 REMOVED potential, or established, coloring options and designs on the Warframe. Such as Loki Prime where two of his pattern choices are combined into one, and players who were using all 5 colors + gold lost that customization option.

I suggest that the best compromise in this situation would be to add a 6th Tinting option for all applicable Prime Warframes, to keep BOTH tintable metal and all four colors. Tinting metal is a lovely feature, but I do not want to lose existing designs for it.

I wish a tint 5 was implemented for Loki prime tintable gold, instead of taking away a customization option by combining the detail of tint 3 & 4. Not a fan of losing an option to gain an option, an option which I won't really use honestly.

Once again I do realize what problem is, which means i do understand what people are saying, if one option gets replaced by another in cusomization then of course you cant have same look. Of course it would be cool if we would keep both, in that case you could create same looking one and we could get to change goolden parts. But thing is its not like that, not for now. For how long depends on DE. But if we focus on what we got now this change defenitly brings more customization options. Before this every player with loki p in this game had those golden parts in golden color. If there is a part of customization that we must all have the same, then thats bad for customization in overal. Thats a fact. Especially since loki p is "upgrade" to normal loki, which you most likely had before loki p, was fully customizable like all other non-primed frames and when you get this "upgrade" to loki the part of it isnt customizable at all. So unless that part of customization isnt exacly to you liking, then it screws you if i can say so. And since this game has most of the frames with full customization, it often couldnt keep other players for thinking why these golden part arent customizable and how nice it would be if they were. And watching others with same thing will keep reminding you. And there were sudjestions many times they should make it customizable. While your problem you have now will eventually fade away, new players will never notice it, it will just stay a thing of a past. Because now you have same customizability on loki p as any other non.primed frame. And this is not a thing its same by looks on every player, so you will never notice it on others like that, does not make you look partenly same as others. For example nova p was first primed frame to come out with customizable golden parts, wich tehnicly means she has 1 tint less as loki p does now, only that it was never created. Now searching for files of complains on missing nova p tint ... *no matches found*. Well would you look at that, no one evere even noticed it, no sudjestions on adding it. What a suprise isnt it? Only reason why you notice missing loki p tint is because you once had it. And since we can be almost sure DE will make same thing to other primed frames eventually too, it will make most players to get along with it. Surely there will still be some presistant ones that will always wine, cuz some are just like that by nature i guess. But who said you cant wine, to be honest it brings joy to my heart  >:)  . Or DE could just add extra 6th tint to all primed frames and problems solved, but yeah you know DE. You never know. Btw thx for writing aside my customization which color it is, just in case if any actual colorblind person happens to come along and can now know which colors I use. All critics to this post are welcome, just so you know. The more you criticize, the higer are chances for DE to pity you and make it up to you by adding that 6th tint or maybe in some other way.

This is the last time i reply you, cause this is going to be boring. If you check my first post here, i did mentioned Nova, Volt, Ash, and Loki just because it's the last one that have been (in my opinion, and as you and DE can see, not only mine) ruined.

This is just an example.

I wish a tint 5 was implemented for Loki prime tintable gold, instead of taking away a customization option by combining the detail of tint 3 & 4. Not a fan of losing an option to gain an option, an option which I won't really use honestly.

The fact that "new players will never notice it" doesn't matter, new players did not contribute to this game with comments, suggestions, bug reports etc as most of the older players did since now.

Anyway, i'm glad my "wine" brings joy to your heart, this shows that you don't care about community but just about you and your preferences, gz =).

Sorry to say DE but this is what we think of the changes to Loki P > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/503604-de-your-prime-gear-pbr-treatment-sucks-and-here-is-why/ and this https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/503588-immediate-loki-prime-pbr-feedback/

We just don't want to log in one day and find that all our customisation has been since the Tint Color 3 and 4 have been merged to make space for the coloring of Gold trim, without adding a new color slot.

That is all.

Otherwise, the PBR looks great as it always has. Except for the glaring fact that it is still buggy in the Void and Derelict tilsets and certain sections of the Relays and won't render properly as seen in this sadly ignored bug report thread > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/484085-videos-pbr-physical-based-rendering-not-working-properly-on-void-tilesets-relays/

Edited by Sci_Ant

• Tyl Regor will now teleport more frequently during his boss fight, making it more difficult for players to determine his location. - didnt hhe already teleport too much to begin with Oo

• Fixed Equinox being able to heal Defense objectives. :(((((

For all people that are happy like

Do you realize that now yes, you can change the gold color on his shiny parts, but you lost one tint customization?

Ofc if you just use only black like this guy you can't even see the issue.

Its not that I don't miss having that 4th tint, it's that i'd rather have a tint of gold that actually matches that of my weapons. For example using paris prime and loki prime, for me personally that difference in color bugs me and i'd rather have the choice to change the gold by sacrificing that 4th tint. I can see where people are coming from and ideally it would be nice to have 5th tint, but its much less likely of happening...atleast for now