Predictions For Sentient Gameplay Mechanics?

AdunSaveMe

How do you guys think they will function?

They have a whole theme of adapting as they go and sharing as a whole, but so far we know nothing of how they'll work. But I'm interested to see what you guys can come up with.

I'm personally not getting my hopes up, given the repeated attacks of invulnerability, cheap resistances and all-round average artificial difficulty stuff going around, but I'm also a colossal pessimist.

Going off what other people said, I hope we see something like:

You attack mostly with melee, they stay at a distance. You attack mostly at range, they close in and fight you in melee. If you fire at them, they'll strafe with smooth movement (instead of the jittery teleportation that the Manics have). If you melee, they'll try to block and dodge your attacks, or possibly perform parries.

I hope it's minor Stat changes with major strategy changes. They have different basic units that spawn equally at first, but will sway based on what works and what doesn't.

Basically I want them to evolve together: minor changes in each generation, major changes over time.

More than anything, I just want them to be rewarding both in terms of physical rewards and a feeling of strategic achievement. If they aren't rewarding, I see no reason to fight them.

Archwing. Archwing all day bb

Give us one giant sentient thing in archwing and watch all the archhatred disappear

But yah

Floaty side stepping beam blasters is prob what we will see

^this....i want to fight the mothership in big ol open space with explosions, lights, jump and warp gates, enemies spawning all over then all of a sudden tenno reinforcements with lotus at lead where we have a huge cluster fudge of epilepsy and lights until we all crash and go relog saying "man that was fun...again!" more so without the crash but yea.....I can dream~

Alsoooo maybe units copy energy weapons or do they best to copy weapons in general (probably just corpus). You pull out a opticor then they pull out one....then its all mexican standoffs and about who 1shots whom....

^this....i want to fight the mothership in big ol open space with explosions, lights, jump and warp gates, enemies spawning all over then all of a sudden tenno reinforcements with lotus at lead where we have a huge cluster fudge of epilepsy and lights until we all crash and go relog saying "man that was fun...again!" more so without the crash but yea.....I can dream~

Alsoooo maybe units copy energy weapons or do they best to copy weapons in general (probably just corpus). You pull out a opticor then they pull out one....then its all mexican standoffs and about who 1shots whom....

As a half Hispanic tenno what are you trying to say

Don't be racist unintentionally nonetheless I laughed

Also

What if they get time based resistance.

Like use too much puncture and they get a resistance for a minute to puncture

PROSECUTORS 2.0 FTW

Edited by PookieNumnums

Maybe if you kill a few with a slash weapon like the kronen then they will create armour, kill some more with a puncture weapon like the boltor and they develop shields. This will buff the sentients while not making them super buff half way through a mission and will encourage players to use a set of different damage dealing weapons for the optimum effect.

Or they will just be lazy

Edited by (PS4)CaptainPaxo

Eventually they will begin to emulate us in form, to better learn and counter our ways. They will bend their star shapes and don our armor, making it into their own Star Armor. They will become like our dark reflections, our shadows, Umbra. =3

As a half Hispanic tenno what are you trying to say

Don't be racist unintentionally nonetheless I laughed

Also

What if they get time based resistance.

Like use too much puncture and they get a resistance for a minute to puncture

PROSECUTORS 2.0 FTW

You do know a "mexican standoff" is an actual thing right >,>?

As for the resistances.....well they are suppose to adapt sooo who knows. I can only assume energy weapons like the corpus would be prime no no's though. I can't see regular sentients getting resistances unless they were major since because of how l33t we are now they would go down pretty quickly. Unless we talking like specialty units like heavies and bombards....or bosses. But god I hope they transform and mimic. I think originally they weren't able to copy the tenno and basic weapons but what if they pulled a shadow link (orcarina of time) and just copied us fully. Every time a tenno dies to them they become stronger or if you allow oculyst to scan you and get away they become more l33t and adapt...this could backfire hugely but still. 

Edited by DiabolicalHamSandwich

Eventually they will begin to emulate us in form, to better learn and counter our ways. They will bend their star shapes and don our armor, making it into their own Star Armor. They will become like our dark reflections, our shadows, Umbra. =3

Lol

If they replicate archwing powers that will be fun

If they replicate warframe abilities stalker needs a rework and so does zanuka.

Edited by PookieNumnums

Lol

If they replicate archwing powers that will be fun

If they replicate warframe abilities stalker needs a rework and so does zanuka.

Actually I was hinting at China's release because of the Star Armor translation stuff and the Umbra Excal hoopla.

China's not a new market. It's the next expansion! :P

You understand it's a stupid phrase with racial implications and wether or not it's actual saying doesn't make it any less idiotic or racial?

The phrase has no racist implications whatsoever. Quit arguing about insignificant rubbish where it doesn't belong.

Whoa touchy....but I can counter that with you do realize not everybody is so uptight about things containing black, white, mexican etc and thinking the worst of something?

Social awareness and cultural sensitivity are positive character traits.

I hope the sentients can respect that.

Uh... It says also it may come from australia

And if you think there weren't more places than just the Americas with people pointing guns at each other you have some reading to do.

This is also why we don't use the term picnic

Our family takes lunch to the park

Edited by PookieNumnums

Uh... It says also it may come from australia

And if you think there weren't more places than just the Americas with people pointing guns at each other you have some reading to do.

And I said probably, as in I wasn't sure and neither is anyone else apparently. So as it stands, still not racist. 

And oversensitivity is not~
Thank you.

Getting offended won't get you anywhere. Even if someone's intent is to be offensive, why let it work? You disagree with them. so you get offended, letting them accomplish exactly what they wanted? It makes no sense. If their intent isn't to be offensive, then there's even less reason to be offended because it's probably a misunderstanding.

If "Mexican standoff" is going to be an offensive phrase now, let's go ahead and ban any phrase whatsoever relating to ethnicity or race. Sorry, Swedish Fish. Edit: Any phrase could be offensive, really, if you looked into the backgrounds of it. Times change. Connotations change. Words change. Even if it was originally offensive, all it means now is exactly what you get when you look it up: A Mexican standoff is a confrontation between at least two parties in which neither party can proceed nor retreat without being exposed to danger. We could say, "Wow, this looks likes a confrontation between two parties in which neither party can proceed nor retreat without being exposed to danger", or we could say "Wow, this looks like a Mexican standoff."

Anyways, inb4 derailment

I'm hyped for Sentients at least.
Edited by CruelCrow

Going off what other people said, I hope we see something like:

You attack mostly with melee, they stay at a distance. You attack mostly at range, they close in and fight you in melee. If you fire at them, they'll strafe with smooth movement (instead of the jittery teleportation that the Manics have). If you melee, they'll try to block and dodge your attacks, or possibly perform parries.

On top of that, what I want them to do is read your attack patterns - using CC a lot, spamming restores, using channeling - and spawn variations of base enemy "templates" with different weaponry or something designed to counter that.

What'd be really cool is if you killed some sort of Sentient miniboss, and then had a feed of what alterations they were going to do on your HUD so you could change things up, keep them on edge.

On top of that, what I want them to do is read your attack patterns - using CC a lot, spamming restores, using channeling - and spawn variations of base enemy "templates" with different weaponry or something designed to counter that.

What'd be really cool is if you killed some sort of Sentient miniboss, and then had a feed of what alterations they were going to do on your HUD so you could change things up, keep them on edge.

This would be cool. But, given existing design patterns and the synthesis lore on the crewman, there's a good chance of it just being 'enemy hit with thing = enemy now has % resistance to thing'.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

This would be cool. But, given existing design patterns and the synthesis lore on the crewman, there's a good chance of it just being 'enemy hit with thing = enemy now has % resistance to thing'.

"existing design patterns"?

That's depressing.