Infested Never Attack Colonies?

Ryme

It just occurred to me, the infested have all been based off of Grineer and Corpus combat units. None of them seem to be derived from the infestation of any of the civilian population.

That's really nice of them to avoid going after the general population of a colony settlement or space station, like that.

It's mostly Corpus when you think about it. Or well...one corpus model reused over the what...six varieties? Yet we only have the 1 charger type. I'd be happy with recolored chargers that work like various kubrows or *gasp.* INFESTED KUBROWS!

But honestly, I want to see more variety of infested. More infested grineer. Infested Civies running around being all "P-please K-kill meeeeeeee!"

It just occurred to me, the infested have all been based off of Grineer and Corpus combat units. None of them seem to be derived from the infestation of any of the civilian population.

That's really nice of them to avoid going after the general population of a colony settlement or space station, like that.

They were made as a weapon to fight..... well, i think that was retcon?

Anyway, it could explain this. In their heads there is still a bit of programming saying to attack military areas?

It would be funny to go to a colony and hear about the infested attacking, but then you get there and most have found jobs working there and actually getting along with the colonists.

Just picture it:

- Brood mothers are tending to fields and using their offspring to kill off ground pests while the ospreys are gassing the fields as well to kill off any flying pests. Everything is Swarm Moa'd before entering the fields as a way to get anything that might be missed by the other two.

- Chargers dragging along old machinery to till the field and harvest the crops, with crawlers sitting on saddles on their backs holding a potato at the end.

- Ancients playing scare crow or helping keep every infested in tip top shape so the harvest can go on non stop.

- Leapers and runners delivering the goods to and from the fields

-Phorid working with the head supervisor, doing his roars to let folks know when it is time to work / time for lunch / time to go home for the night.

I mean think about it folks, where do you think all the potatoes come from that we don't make? You think others would build them, or maybe they found a way to grow them alongside actual food that is eaten?

Could be that, since Civies are much of a threat, if there's any detected civilian-area infestation the Grineer and Corpus would be quick to roll in and rolfburn it out since, again, they don't have the physical strength, defenses, or numbers to be incorporated into the Infestation to stop it.

But a Lancer? Covered in armor. A Crewman? suited up for protection against harsh conditions. Built-in defenses at the time of Infestation made it easier for them to last longer to spread.