Pbr Protoskin In Profile Icon?

Ryden

i'm down for a pbr'd proto skin, but i swur if excal gets another pbr treatment before the likes or trin and frost i'mma start setting fire to the earth. 

I can respect that. It's just that the protoskin in the profile icon looks nothing like it does in game, I couldn't help but wonder if this is what's to be expected soon.

i'm down for a pbr'd proto skin, but i swur if excal gets another pbr treatment before the likes or trin and frost i'mma start setting fire to the earth. 

Trinity and Frost will probably be last to PBR due to their old cloth system, they always wanted to do new cloth on both frames for a very long time, over year and a half now.

Trinity may actualy recieve it earlier IF she gets prime treatment.

Pretty sure all the Icons are drawn so it could just be someone getting fancy at DE

Nah, there rendered pics.

On topic: The Proto Pic looks standard, still has that plastic look to it, it's all the same texture it's just look different cause it has a lot of going on with it in terms of color and surface formations.

Nah, there rendered pics.

On topic: The Proto Pic looks standard, still has that plastic look to it, it's all the same texture it's just look different cause it has a lot of going on with it in terms of color and surface formations.

The way the light reflects off the shoulder is a huge indication of the texture change. Also, the infected arm in-game isn't nearly as detailed as it is in the pic.

Trinity and Frost will probably be last to PBR due to their old cloth system, they always wanted to do new cloth on both frames for a very long time, over year and a half now.

Trinity may actualy recieve it earlier IF she gets prime treatment.

that would be awfully depressing, but i wouldn't be surprised i suppose since they require the most work. i was hoping something would come with the frost rework, like how excals went down, but i guess frost doesn't get the kind of love excal gets from de. 

The way the light reflects off the shoulder is a huge indication of the texture change. Also, the infected arm in-game isn't nearly as detailed as it is in the pic.

It's just a trick of the light, Proto pic has a different lighting setup compared to other Warframes, compare it to the Mordred pic to see the detail differences.  The infected arm only looks better cause it's a small picture giving the illusion of higher quality, you can get a similar effect ingame by increasing your Field of View in the options menu, everything looks prettier from afar (being smaller helps to).

Hah!  It wouldn't be Excal getting another PBR treatment so much as finishing what they had begun.  They do all of Loki in one go, but Excal only gets his base skin redone and a new skin, plus reskinned helmets?  Not everyone appreciates the Prisma Excalibur look.  It colors... uniquely.

Hah!  It wouldn't be Excal getting another PBR treatment so much as finishing what they had begun.  They do all of Loki in one go, but Excal only gets his base skin redone and a new skin, plus reskinned helmets?  Not everyone appreciates the Prisma Excalibur look.  It colors... uniquely.

Semantics, they are still deciding to go back to a particular frame model and touch it up. Thought I can't deny they probably should have just done all of excal as once, like with loki, it's much more tidy. Too late now though.