Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loremasters Unite!

Cibi_Lumine

They dont look like placeholders to me

I doubt they are place holders, given that the Devs even went through the trouble of arming them.

The Corpus and the Grineer both look human under their suits. The Grineer clearly have some members with their faces exposed, and the capture missions all prominently feature a Corpus members with their helmet removed.

Nick Naked is an old, reskinned model from darkSector, just as the pistol. It is most definately a placeholder.

Lore is not bad for a game it kinda adds depth in some way.

but for godsake lets keep lore and roleplay (rp)

because i hate nothing more then rp and cutscenes that slows down what you are doing.

Definatly. I would induldge in RP if someone would figure out a way to do it correctly. The nature of the game might cause it to be difficult. But I don't see there being "story" missions and a overarching plot. Just lots of lore if you look for it

Well they are Orokin wannabes. They are collectors one could say. They understand the Orokin are not a thing anymore and they know the Orokin had lots of tech so they intend on exploiting that tech. Which means kill Tenno (or capture) and loot Orokin sites. They will then puzzle out what these artifacts do. Luckily we have awoken to stop this from happening. They are trying to recreate the glory of the Orokin but for their own gain. You can see some of their attempts to. All of the bots have this bio-tech feeling to them. Fleshy synthmuscle on the moas and bosses

The only people who are at war are the Tenno. The Corpus and the Grineer don't openly fight, but sometimes fight when their agendas cross.

I don't think The Lotus is a Grineer splinter faction. And the motivation is while unknown could be something along these lines. There are two possibilities of what the Grineer could be. 1. A bastard child of the Orokin era. Humans who were left after the great war. 2. Enemies of the Orokin and possibly even the cause of this great war. 1 is possible and 2 is a long shot in my opinion. Reasons to out right despise the Grineer? Limited but the Grineer seek to exterminate them and that is enough for the Tenno. I believe the relationship between the Grineer and the Orokin go back quite a ways.

Also notice in the story section that the Grineer had to "reclaim" Earth first to spead it vile empire. From what?

The Story section states that the Corpus are the merchants of the solar system, so I would have to agree that they are not at war with anyone. Like you said, they may get caught up in some of the fights, but merchants usually try to stay neutral, and often times will sell to all sides in a war.

The story also says they Corpus are using the Orokin tech for profit, so you can assume they are selling it. The fact that the Orokin tech is "inscrutible" to the Corpus would confirm your statement about their bots looking similar (mimic in appearance if you can't actually build it), but it doesn't help the argument that they are trying to recreate the Orokin glory for themselves.

On the topic of who the Grineer are, note that they didn't have to "reclaim" Earth. They "seized control of Earth" after rediscovering cloning and amassing a large enough army. Although this could mean they came back and reclaimed Earth, the fact that it is now their main base and the other planets have outposts would lead me to believe they were on Earth all along. This would back up your theory that the Grineer are a leftover from the Great War. I say this because their "ideology of hate and discrimination towards the Tenno" suggests that they had been in contact with Tenno in the past (Tenno have been in stasis for centuries), and most likely were on the bloody side of a Cronus or two.

Thanks Splattr. I don't have much to add to that other than this. However it could be debunked right now as Warframe already has a story that is "breaking the mold" of sci-fi stories, but if we are to assume the Corpus are trying to get a hold of Orokin tech and they themselves are considered high-tech it would be safe to assume they are gathering the tech, not only to gain monetary profit, but also to research and reverse engineer it.

But enough on that, I just hatched a thought.

Alright the Tenno have amnesia right now, right? They do not know what they did in the past or what groups they were associated with. With this "Great War" being the cause of the fall of the Orokin it is safe to assume whoever had control of the Tenno most likely won. So either the Tenno are all bad or there were two sides, two Orokin sides using Tenno as a tool of war. This could mean that our Tenno are the only surviving of one of the sides or they are a mixed bunch from both sides, but since they have amnesia they don't kill each other straight out of the cryo-pod. But what if they were to somehow learn of their past? Remeber what they fought for. And who they fought.

This would lay the ground for PvP. I know "PvP has no place here" or "The Devs said they were not thinking about PvP right now" but its a fun thought and quite lore freindly. I hope all of the Tenno don't have the same agenda because that would be boring.

Two sides. Loyalists and Defectors. Defectors work to spead chaos and sabotage Lotus operations. They use the infection, bombs, and dirty fighting to realise their agenda. Loyalists are the Tenno we know and love. Fight for the lotus with honor and dignity. Their missions against the Defectors (will need cool faction names) will be honorable frontal assaults as well as cunning yet fair strategies. They seek to stop the spead of the infection and pave the way to the 2nd Orokin Era.

But that is all well in good and there are obvious flaws in that logic as to why they had to go into cryo. And why both sides did in relativly the same place. Greater enemy perhaps? The TVC might be the culprit.

Edited by Scienta

Currently Warframe reminds me E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy. Gameplay is addicting but nobody has any idea what the game is really about and what the hell is going on from start to finish...

...or does it even really end...

...or even does it begin where you think it does...

THANK YOU!!!!

I'm so glad I'm not the only person that drew that comparison. It has that same wierd feel to it, it's very, off-balancing? Not sure of how else to describe it.

I believe that the Corpus is likely to be responsible for the virus that spawned the Infested, as a failure to reproduce warframe technology. This is due to the organic nature of warframes themselves. Rather than suits, I think that warframes are actually an instantaneous bio-modification of the Tenno, thus, allowing a single Tenno to use warframes or both genders, as their gender changes with the warframe in use.