Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reaction-Based Parrying / Counters Instead Of Luck-Based

AdunSaveMe

I feel the whole blocking, parrying & countering thing would be a lot better if it wasn't based on luck or mods and was instead reliant on a players' ability to put some timing into their movements.

So instead of having a chance to counter a blocked attack, you instead counter on enemies if you block just before they hit. It's a common game mechanic, because it works, and it's more interesting than % chances.

Used to be if you held block and activated channeling right as the enemy hit your block it would counter. (like not many patches ago)

Did they remove this?

Seems so. I apparently can't do anything to trigger counters manually, timing or no timing.

Used to be if you held block and activated channeling right as the enemy hit your block it would counter. (like not many patches ago)

Did they remove this?

Seems so. I apparently can't do anything to trigger counters manually, timing or no timing.

No, they did not remove this. It's still available as it has always been: to parry melee attacks. 

No, they did not remove this. It's still available as it has always been: to parry melee attacks. 

Even if it is still there without the mod, it's irrelevant. You're blocking the whole time.

The counter comes from activating channeling, not from timing a block.