Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slash Dash Is Still Op. :v

Rakshal

Your nerf did nothing to it, it still does high damage, has insane range, and stuns you which means if anyone has a high damage high attack rate melee weapon equipped they can stun lock you or kill you immediately. I'm also pretty sure I've seen it turn mid dash making it even more OP if those perks weren't enough.

Two things need to happen to make this power more balanced.

1) Remove the stun. It has already high initial damage and friggin' incredible range and a huge hit box to top it off, it doesn't need a stun on top of it. Seriously, if you were gonna nerf Valkyr's ability to stun lock people, then remove Excalibur's ability to do it as well.

2) Make the vertical hit box smaller. I should not be getting hit while bullet jumping strait up.

Yeah, with the current energy rate, every time you turn the corner and see an excal you get slash and dash to the face.  This is most noob friendly I guess.

Agree with vertical hitboxes, about the staggers idk.

Edited by Hueminator

Have you guys played excal? His slash dash is a lot more difficult to land now comparing to before. So is Rhino charge for that matter. I literally can jump over a rhino coming at me if I'm fast enough. If you stand still long enough or move in a predictable manner that someone got you with slash dash, it's your opponent getting the better of you.

Have you guys played excal? His slash dash is a lot more difficult to land now comparing to before. So is Rhino charge for that matter. I literally can jump over a rhino coming at me if I'm fast enough. If you stand still long enough or move in a predictable manner that someone got you with slash dash, it's your opponent getting the better of you.

I did and got a lot more kills than I did with other frames.  All thanks to Slash and Dash.

Edited by Hueminator

The only part I find unbalanced with this skill is being able to chain it, stun-locking enemy. Either cast time or recovery time should be prolonged (I hope it wouldn't ruin my fav way to kill: weaken with gun -> slash dash -> finish with melee). Maybe homing mechanics should be looked at too - 8m is for locking-on target, excal can even fly up after the target if it tries to run away.

This is tricky. 

In high-level gameplay, slash-dash is OP. But in low to mid tier gameplay, it's balanced.

Basically, it seems to depend on the aim and combo ability of the one using the ability.

My only thought is that slash dash is very close to balance, but when used... it's just the stunlock mixed with the damage is quite an unfair advantage for such low energy.

no i don't think so. Frost + Opticor

hola! *waves*

So you are saying that an auto aim attack that breaks the distance between you and another player quite easily, staggers and does damage is difficult to use. But to answer your question YES I have played excal, not to hard.

This is tricky. 

In high-level gameplay, slash-dash is OP. But in low to mid tier gameplay, it's balanced.

This is true, although it still gives too much power to the new player which is never a good thing.

This is true, although it still gives too much power to the new player which is never a good thing.

On the bright side, it attracts more players to conclave (although they pretty much all quit if they choose mag or volt as starting frame).  I mean who would have though the starter frame + starter weapon are pretty good in pvp right?

Edited by Hueminator