Give The Ether Weapons A Niche

Surtur

I have asked and will keep asking for this.

Please DE, give us melee weapons with varied channeling stats

The ether weapons would be a prime example. They are pretty generic weapons, so give them a niche and have ether type weapons have better channeling stats

For one, ether weapons were used to cleanse allies. Things killed when channeling disappear. This would make sense from a lore perspective and would give people a reason to use the ether weapons. This would also help the silva and aegis to have a home since SilverBones designated it as an ether weapon.

Varied channeling stats would make for more varied builds so we can see status, damage, crit, and channeling builds. It would help make it so channeling isnt such a monotonous stat because right now everything stands at 1.5x damage and 5 efficiency with no exception to that rule.

I apologize for this post being short and not the neatest. 

TL;DR You shouldn't need this TL;DR because there are 3 paragraphs at best. Though have melee weapons have different channeling stats and let ether weapons be unique in that they are better at channeling

I like the idea in a thematic sense, but I think channeling needs a rework as a mechanic before they start buffing the damage multiplier on certain weapons.

How modding for channeling works right now:

-Stack a bunch of stats on your weapon to increase channeling damage

-Have no room for channeling mods

-Clear out a few damage mods for channeling mods

-Have pitiful damage overall because you have minimal damage mods

-Remove all channeling mods and use a normal build

-Use channeling exclusively for Life Strike and only on melee frames

Personally, I have very little reason to even use melee combos, quick melee adequately deals with all close-quarters situations and my guns handle everything else. Channeling? Pff. I use it every now and then just to look at the pretty particle effects, it's not worth all the faff of switching weapons and losing chunks of energy on every hit.

Edited by Ailith

I like the idea in a thematic sense, but I think channeling needs a rework as a mechanic before they start buffing the damage multiplier on certain weapons.

How modding for channeling works right now:

-Stack a bunch of stats on your weapon to increase channeling damage

-Have no room for channeling mods

-Clear out a few damage mods for channeling mods

-Have pitiful damage overall because you have minimal damage mods

-Remove all channeling mods and use a normal build

-Use channeling exclusively for Life Strike and only on melee frames

Personally, I have very little reason to even use melee combos, quick melee adequately deals with all close-quarters situations and my guns handle everything else. Channeling? Pff. I use it every now and then just to look at the pretty particle effects, it's not worth all the faff of switching weapons and losing chunks of energy on every hit.

Exactly. There is no real statistical reason to use channeling because of the loss of damage except for life strike to help you with survivability. I am hoping by giving weapons with different stats then the percentage bonus will make it worth it. Though a rework or overhaul would be welcomed too. Just look at low damage high attack speed weapons when channeling compared to weapons like the scindo prime or galatine for channeling