Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minigun Plz

SvE-Chaos1

I was looking through all the weapons in warframe and notices that there are soo many and soo many more to come. but i was noticing there wasnt a minigun that your character can wield. so i was thinking since you guys just added a cannon for the archwing maybe one day you can add a minigun or a character whose special ability is to pull a minigun out of some place. it is just a thought. but hey maybe it will happen? who knows.

What i meant to say is they should add a new weapon type as in heavy weapons and add something like a minigun/ chaingun it would make you slower but you would put out more damage. as i said just a little thought i really like games that put in miniguns. they just cool to me. and the soma and all those would be more of lmgs dont you think.

ps love the new dog in the new update. i want one soo bad plz keep up the amazing work love this game to death.

Edited by SvE-Chaos1

The gorgon series are supposed to be miniguns. The casing to protect the rotating barrels from external environmental hazards and to provide heat dispersion throwing you off?  The guns even have spin up times.

Likewise with the imperator series for archwing.  Spin up time is present on the imperator vandal.

So what you're asking for is already in the game.

gorgon is sorta like a mini gun.

Closest I can think of would be Supra because of its triple barrels, wind up time, and high fire rate.

The gorgon series are supposed to be miniguns.

Gorgon is a definional minigun..

I'm fairly certain the OP is referring to miniguns with multiple barrels that are held like so:

HeavyTF2.jpg

The problem with miniguns is that they are huge. They require a massive ammo source, and a power supply to function. In real life, this means they are limited to being fired from vehicles, such as Humvees, tanks, helicopters, etc. However, is it practical to use them in Warframe, which is centered on high-tech space ninjas? 

The issue is size. A typical minigun is gigantic, and would be inconvenient in Warframe's run-and-gun style. If anything, it would be applied to Archwing, considering how the Devs think. 

However. Perhaps they could do something like the Chaingun from Planetside 2? Being that it's fired from the shoulder, just like every other rifle, and not from the hip, as most miniguns are. 

The only other option would be to have an enemy use one, whom we can kill, and steal the minigun from. The ammo would be limited, and non-replenish-able, and while in use, it would slow us down heavily. 

Well if we can wield archwing weapons like the Imperator in space why can't we wield something similiar on the ground?

The new archwing bug on uranus gave me the possibility to play with imperator vandal on the ground - most fun Ive ever had in this game.

The Supra and Gorgon are both "multi-barrel minigun" style weapons. Its scifi, there does not automatically need to be physically-present multiple rotating barrels.

Also, that Gorgon? Clearly the long "barrel" is actually a sheath to protect the multiple rotating barrel assembly. That doesn't get built IRL because of excess weight concerns. But the Grineer? Look at that Heavy Gunner! Do you think she cares about "excess weight"? Hah.

The problem with miniguns is that they are huge. They require a massive ammo source, and a power supply to function. In real life, this means they are limited to being fired from vehicles, such as Humvees, tanks, helicopters, etc.

Actually, the main reason mini-guns are vehicle mounted is due to the rotation force and torque which would rip a human's arms off.  LOL 

Still, all of that is reality and this is a game with armored space ninja's with super powers.  However, to allow this as a stand alone weapon you would almost need to make that new classification of "Heavy Gun" and either have it use rifle ammo or give it it's own ammo pool.  And there would have to be some consideration, like Heavy Gun requires both primary and secondary slot.

The alternative would be a mounted gun in certain tiles that could be removed from it's mount and carried until it ran out of ammo.

The problem with miniguns is that they are huge. They require a massive ammo source, and a power supply to function. In real life, this means they are limited to being fired from vehicles, such as Humvees, tanks, helicopters, etc. However, is it practical to use them in Warframe, which is centered on high-tech space ninjas?

The issue is size. A typical minigun is gigantic, and would be inconvenient in Warframe's run-and-gun style. If anything, it would be applied to Archwing, considering how the Devs think.

However. Perhaps they could do something like the Chaingun from Planetside 2? Being that it's fired from the shoulder, just like every other rifle, and not from the hip, as most miniguns are.

The only other option would be to have an enemy use one, whom we can kill, and steal the minigun from. The ammo would be limited, and non-replenish-able, and while in use, it would slow us down heavily.

Last thing needed right now is a hulking minigun that is completely contrary to the ninja theme of the tenno. That being said after they fix a few more of the core weapons problems, sure, get some minigun action for all I care.

Last thing needed right now is a hulking minigun that is completely contrary to the ninja theme of the tenno.

I lol'd.

Everything we have is contrary to the ninja theme of the Tenno already.

There is definitely a place for a minigun in the game.

I lol'd.

Everything we have is contrary to the ninja theme of the Tenno already.

There is definitely a place for a minigun in the game.

Maybe, but nothing quite as contrary as donning a hulking minigun screaming LETS DO IT running headlong into the fray with a gimpy waddle spraying bullets left and right.

They have quite a few other weapons problems to address before we see that.

Edited by superfishy36

Maybe, but nothing quite as contrary as donning a hulking minigun screaming LETS DO IT running headlong into the fray with a gimpy waddle spraying bullets left and right.

They have quite a few other weapons problems to address before we see that.

The same "argument" can disqualify 90% of the current Warframe weapons as well.

The same "argument" can disqualify 90% of the current Warframe weapons as well.

Yes because the paris, dread, braton, burston, boltor, grakata, nikana, skana, dual skana, heat sword, dual heat sword, hate, reaper prime, ether reaper, ether sword, dual ether, fang, fang prime, lato, bolto, kunai, hikou, despair, hikou prime, latron, latron prime, vectis, vectis prime, mire, pangolin sword, jaw sword, dakra prime, kestrel, halikar, sheev, karyst, daikyu, cernos, heat dagger, dual cleavers, dual ichors, dual zorens, venka, acrid, lanka, ballistica, akbolto, and castanas are ALL hulking weapons you fire from the hip.

I just named 50 weapons off the top of my head that an agile and elite tenno would use without impeding movement at all, nor falling under the "heavy weapons" category, and could have done at least another 30 or 40 off the top of my head had I not gotten tired of typing. 50 that aren't "disqualified" I bet you couldn't even name 50 that would come close to the traits of a minigun

Edited by superfishy36

Yes because the paris, dread, braton, burston, boltor, grakata, nikana, skana, dual skana, heat sword, dual heat sword, hate, reaper prime, ether reaper, ether sword, dual ether, fang, fang prime, lato, bolto, kunai, hikou, despair, hikou prime, latron, latron prime, vectis, vectis prime, mire, pangolin sword, jaw sword, dakra prime, kestrel, halikar, sheev, karyst, daikyu, cernos, heat dagger, dual cleavers, dual ichors, dual zorens, venka, acrid, lanka, ballistica, akbolto, and castanas are ALL hulking weapons you fire from the hip.

I just named 50 weapons off the top of my head that an agile and elite tenno would use without impeding movement at all, nor falling under the "heavy weapons" category, and could have done at least another 30 or 40 off the top of my head had I not gotten tired of typing. 50 that aren't "disqualified" I bet you couldn't even name 50 that would come close to the traits of a minigun

Oh so suddenly you changed it from "not being ninja-ish" to "coming close to the traits of a minigun".

Interesting.

Just give it up. Tenno are not ninja. They use rocket launchers, flame throwers and all other sorts of un-ninjaish things. A minigun would feel right at home. Get real.

Just copy the one from Terminator. Compared to stuff like the Gorgon and the Opticor, it's a fine size.

WLOCK_Minigun_h.jpg

Oh so suddenly you changed it from "not being ninja-ish" to "coming close to the traits of a minigun".

Interesting.

Just give it up. Tenno are not ninja. They use rocket launchers, flame throwers and all other sorts of un-ninjaish things. A minigun would feel right at home. Get real.

This is in the future, they are expected to use firearms that would be deemed "ninja-ish" for lack of a better term. All of those are compact weapons that compliment the inherent skillset of a ninja in any time frame.

Tell me, how many "rocket launchers and flamethrowers" can you name?

Furthermore, this feigned upper hand you are attempting to seize by asserting you are correct without any proper support only shows how weak your reasoning skills truly are.

Why do the numbers matter? They don't. The only thing that matters is that Tenno do use them and as such your argument against a minigun falls flat on it's ample derriere.

You lost, bro.

1. Ignoring factual and statistical evidence is tantamount to suicide in a logical argument. Your lack thereof and declaration of insignificance not only invalidate your claims but also highlights the frightening deficit you have in the understanding of logos.

2. Asserting you are correct, in any manner, without support amounts to nothing in a logical argument. Pathos is a flawed method of argument with no support that is altogether inferior.

3.Already having been blatantly proven wrong once, I would refrain from asserting your victory or truth if you wish to save face, as it is obviously not the case.

4. Piteous attempts to augment your vocabulary by external sources will win you nothing here, especially when you simply substitute 2 words from your standard speech pattern.

Edited by superfishy36

You.

Lost.

Bro.

Tenno are just as likely to utilize miniguns as they are rocket launchers, grenade launchers, flame throwers, alien goo guns etc. You, for whatever reason, simply have a bias towards miniguns and as such will deny this until you are blue in your face - but that doesn't make it true, LOL.

Take your defeat with some grace and dignity, would you?

Edited by Brimir

You.

Lost.

Bro.

Tenno are just as likely to utilize miniguns as they are rocket launchers, grenade launchers, flame throwers, alien goo guns etc. You, for whatever reason, simply have a bias towards miniguns and as such will deny this until you are blue in your face - but that doesn't make it true, LOL.

Take your defeat with some grace and dignity, would you?

Considering you futily repeat the same utterance rather than actually respond, that last line especially is much better applied to your situation.

Quite frankly the fact that you have spouted nothing but unsubstantial and unsupported assumptions and indirect insults is pathetic. I feel as if I'm speaking to a child who hasn't grasped the full meaning of syntax or grammer, who's mind shuts down at the sign of threat.

Your pitiful attempt to mask your own incompetence does you no good.