Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Capture The Cephalon - Still 99% About Running Around

-InV-igo95862

In the begging of the match both cephalons get immediately captured. After that the match transitions in to running around until someone who carries the flag falls down or gets shot.

Defending your cephalon is really pointless. Enemy can grab it and run away faster then you can kill him.

Defending your cephalon is really pointless. Enemy can grab it and run away faster then you can kill him.

Really depends, some people have good enough aim to punish someone who goes for the ceph and with proper teamwork it is better having one or two people on defending&chasing duty than for evryone to go for the opponents flag but pugs haven´t really developed such a meta yet (and may never will since there isn´t much time or tools for such communication) so of course as a individual player most of the time it is better to go for the opponents flag and run (which ironicly makes people who play the mode a lot great runners but doesn´t improve their aim much amplyfing the issue that punishing a steal is hard) than rely on someone else doing it.

There isn´t really a easy way to fix this since it is a teambased objective focused mode so if you go for the lazy way and just make stealing so hard that even your average pug without teamwork can defend the flag than it may very well become impossible to steal from a organized team and any higher level play could end up in a deadlock unable to progress the game (though admittetly I don´t know if such teams even exist yet since the enviroment doesn´t give much opportunity to compete against strong opponents but it is worth to keep the future in mind) .

Also this is just my personal opinion but I don´t mind the current meta focused around steals for defence & chasing the flag carrier.

Really depends, some people have good enough aim to punish someone who goes for the ceph and with proper teamwork it is better having one or two people on defending

Except they can have Frost Prime who is extremely tanky steal your cephalon. Movespeed is irrelevant in parkour 2.0. You won't be able to shot him down.

Except they can have Frost Prime who is extremely tanky steal your cephalon. Movespeed is irrelevant in parkour 2.0. You won't be able to shot him down.

Issue isn´t really what I can do (by the way for just a fast grab magp with polarize is tankier) but if you have so little faith in peoples ability to master a given system than you will have a rude awakening 6 months or a year down the line when a sizeable part of the community has reached a point close to what some of the top players can currently do.

Issue isn´t really what I can do (by the way for just a fast grab magp with polarize is tankier) but if you have so little faith in peoples ability to master a given system than you will have a rude awakening 6 months or a year down the line when a sizeable part of the community has reached a point close to what some of the top players can currently do.

The game mode will be pretty much completley abandoned before then.  It's already overwhelmingly passed over for tdm and dm.

Edited by Aggh

The game mode will be pretty much completley abandoned before then.  It's already overwhelmingly passed over for tdm and dm.

Maybe, I wouldn´t know since it heavily depends on what DE plans/manages to do (though I think the last stats have shown like 1 in 4 matches being CTC which isn´t terrible for a objective based mode vs deathmatch style) but it doesn´t change my argument - it would only make it worse since a smaller population size leads to a larger skill gap.

Maybe, I wouldn´t know since it heavily depends on what DE plans/manages to do (though I think the last stats have shown like 1 in 4 matches being CTC which isn´t terrible for a objective based mode vs deathmatch style) but it doesn´t change my argument - it would only make it worse since a smaller population size leads to a larger skill gap.

But if you don't make the game appealing to low skill population when the PvP will never get larger population.

But if you don't make the game appealing to low skill population when the PvP will never get larger population.

The answer isn´t so easy though. Some like the way it works while others don´t have an issue with it. In addition if you introduce changes which shaft higher skilled plays than you will drive away the most dedicated players.

If you know a way to make all partys happy fine but chances are this is only possible to a degree. Of course this doesn´t mean that nothing is allowed to change but just appeasing one specific group won´t gurantee a larger population (which goes both ways by the way - just catering to high level play isn´t a good idea either).