Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Report Hackers?

(PSN)X1155752X

Question

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, but I was almost hacked by another player in the trade menu and want to report him/her.

It was a hack from what I could tell, their name appeared as WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW and had a red x as a profile pic, trade menu was overlapped and stated that I couldn't cancel the trade despite the fact that I didn't offer anything, so it's not just a run of the mill scam, I had to pull the plug out of my system just to leave his/her dojo.

Thank you in advance.

8 answers to this question

not a hack bro, merely a bug that happens as a tenno loads into the game

this, also since warframe is server sided, it can quite difficult to hack it because if you want to modify your account or something else you have to get pass thier server which is unlikely that it will succeed, and the actions can be tracked and reverted.

So what you experienced is probably a bug.

It was his/her dojo and he seemed quick to send the invite, s/he was already there, no one else was with us or joining and s/he was unresponsive, standing still, not typing, didn't respond when I made my way to the trade kiosk and sent a trade request, and it happened after I cancelled the the trade request and was typing some choice words about time wasters since I was in there for about 2-3 minutes waiting for him/her to accept the trade request alone, it all seemed far too coincidental, and I have quite a bit of plat so I wasn't willing to take the risk.

You could have held the ps button and closed application ._.

D'oh!

That definitely wasn't the case, in fact as soon as I logged back in to check my plat I was being spammed with invites from the person in question.

yeah, you are being paranoid, no offense. Your seller wanted the plat. Basically what happened is he invited you to dojo and initiated trade too soon. He was in the trade menu and waiting for you to accept. By the time he had actually backed out and re instated his trade his icon glitched from his trying to imitate trade before you fully loaded. Its quite a common glitch. Heck you could do it. Invite a person to dojo and initiate trade the sec their name says "randomdude07" has joined the game. back out and re initiate trade and bam same thing.

99% of people who use the words hack/hacker/hacked have no idea what it actually is, how to ID one, or that in many cases (Warframe specifically here) it is just a bug. Most "hacks" people talk about these days are either someone leaving their accounts logged in places or being irresponsible with their personal data.

Tl;DR not a hack OP, it's a bug stop being paranoid

Edited by Echoa